Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ye Chronicles of Magwood : chapter XII

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:17 pm
Post subject: Ye Chronicles of Magwood : chapter XIIReply with quote

And so it came to pass that in the fifth year of the reign of Nathbuck the Great a purge was decreed to rid the Magwood of the dark forces that had smitten its aging warriors.

Nathbuck did summon Troke de Spreyer, the colossus who dwelleth at Mydhalfore from whence he would assail the heathen pickets. And Troke did beseech Nathbuck, "Spare me O' warrior king and I will redeem myself and I ask no more gold than I have taken from thee these many years past".

And Nathbuck did say unto Troke, "Nay, ye hath long imbibed the Poison of Yipps and ye must be cast out to find fortune among the beggar tribes of the west." And Troke did tremble to hear these words and feared the wrath of his odious father, but he knew that Nathbuck words were wise and good. So he went.

Nathbuck did then look upon Silas the Cold, the enchanted albino monk who once guarded the arc of two-score-and-ten but now he did weakly yield to the enemy. And Nathbuck did say unto Silas, "Go unto the Land of the Lion and live there among those beasts, but beware the evil Beams that may burn you - one from the heavens above, and the other amidst your feline brethren."

And then came forth Tattskyn le Drake, known unto the Scribes of Afel as the Possessor of Stats, who oft did speak in strange parables that none could behold but those of the banished Pact of Rodentia.

Tattskyn did sayeth unto Nathbuck, "Sire, I too must go for I have buggered my leg, my Lord." And Nathbuck knew he spake truly for Tattskyn had in times past shunned the Cult of the Inunder and had wandered alone in quest of his lost muse. And seeing his suffering the Gods of Afel had conjured his Epiphany and vanquish again did he the heathen enemy as he did when he was young. But lo, a foul evil did befall him and he was brought asunder on the green fields of Syndonium, and the Magwood did weep for the plight of their beloved Tattskyn.

And Nathbuck did say, "O' Painted One, go with the blessings of the Magwood and live as a lame hermit in your Tavern of Mystery that once put to the torch doth rise again like a phoenix to giveth you succour." And Tattskyn did bow before the mighty Nathbuck and say, "It is what it is." And he went.

But cry and wail did the Tribe of Magwood in fear they be condemned to lie low on the Scaffold of Virtue by which all the tribes of Afel are adjudged. And Nathbuck did say unto them, "Fear not my people and listen not unto the prophecies of darkness preached by the evil troll the Shrub of Karing nor to the strange crying of the Lad of Daff, for I am the warrior king of the Magwood and the Promised One." And the Magwood became still and kneel did they before Nathbuck for they knew he spake truly.

And the warriors of the Magwood then came forth: "We who remain will bringeth victory", sayeth Ferric de Juxt-Arce, the grinning jester who ventured far and confound the heathen with his trickery. "And I will defend thy sainted square", sayeth Scrot de 'Or, the bearded troll who hunted the heathens with savage stealth lest they defile the pickets of the Magwood. "And I will capture the blessed Porcine Hide", said Syssie the Blonde, the changeling who beguiled both comrades and enemies alike with his twixt image, as sometimes a weak maiden else a valiant stallion, but no sage could foretell which would arrive on the field of battle. "We too will fight for the Magwood", said Cryspin de Oxdagger and Dorjen de Comely, the young and charming Princes of Censquar.

But the people of Magwood were not yet consoled, and Sir Edward the fat squire of Collbord did say unto them. "Fear not for I have cast a healing potion upon Jacobi de Leapalot, the impish winged sprite who hath fornicated so fearlessly he doth broke his spine. I have tamed his lusty demons and he cometh now only to join his comrades." But still the faithful Magwood did weep.

Then behold! A blinding light did shine upon the Magwood and when it did pass there was before them a miracle. The Gods of Afel had delivered unto them the sons of Petro of Macedon and Gavyn de Flagg. And sing and rejoice did the Magwood and joyously did they make ready for war.

And here endeth chapter XII of ye Chronicles of the Magwood in the Third Book of Afel written in year XVI of the new millennium.

Last edited by Woods on Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
larrylj Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleverly done-Good work
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:44 pm

LOL.

Next chapter please.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:42 pm

stui magpie wrote:
LOL.

Next chapter please.

Laughing +1
npalm 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:12 am

Very Happy
think better 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:47 am

oh by the gods of the oval ball make it so
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:27 pm

Wonderful stuff. Cool
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:39 pm

More please
Wearmouth 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:03 pm

Absolutely brilliant. It's taken something of this quality to to get me to post here after just reading for the past 10 years.

I dips my hat Woods de Wagglestick.

Floreat Pica!!!!
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:51 pm

We give praise to the Magwood wordsmith who doth bring forth to Member and rib of Member faith that the Nathbuck will rise and rule and will take forth a cup that will fill the spirit of the Magwood. Sir Edwood will drink from the cup and the great unwashed will be be filled and will display the feathers of black and white for all to see.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:56 pm

By "we" do you mean you and me?
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:01 pm

Nicely woven Smile
duggieboy 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:56 am

Enjoyed that a lot!
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:16 pm

Quote:
Sir Edward the fat squire of Collbord did say unto them. “Fear not for I have cast a healing potion upon Jacobi de Leapalot, the impish winged sprite who hath fornicated so fearlessly he doth broke his spine

Gold Smile
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:35 pm

Stands and applauds, magnifico!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: