Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Message for Bucks: change is needed

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ That sums up my thoughts almost to a tee.

2017 will be a year of reckoning however as sponsors and corporate dollars will have a say.

From a pure football sense it is impossible to judge Buckley from the incredible injury tolls of the last few years.
Most premierships are won with minimal injuries to first 22 players. Hawthorn is a great example ie Hodge Lewis Mitchell etc nearly always being available at the right times.

Our best 22 will bring us at least a top 4 and if injuries are not an issue then we can objectively question Buckley and his methods.

If there is unrest at Pieland because of personality clashes then that is also another matter but that should always be put aside if we are talking professionalism!

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:23 am

We started 2017 with the potential loss of 30 odd goals from Eliott and simalar from Swanny then injuries and young players not quite making strides we expected had a deflating effect to progress in the team

Aish was tried then sent to VFL as was DeGoey and both came back much better

With injuries stabilising in Reid cas getting games into his legs and Wills into side
our back end was encouraging

From that point the DeGoey's and Aish's must build on that plus some potential good intake Bucks has more to build on so he has a real chance

The Weed 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:05 pm

For what's it's worth the new psychologist at Collingwood couldn't be mor impressed with the team sport and camaraderie. He is a Geelong supporter not a "perceptive fellow".

Don't ask for source DTM, free to believe or not.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:53 pm

The Weed wrote:
For what's it's worth the new psychologist at Collingwood couldn't be mor impressed with the team sport and camaraderie. He is a Geelong supporter not a "perceptive fellow".

Don't ask for source DTM, free to believe or not.

Well I guess you know him somehow.

Hopefully that Translates to more Wins

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:58 pm

I agree with some of what you said rude
But I think we have seen change in Bucks and his willingness to adjust his own beliefs for the betterment of the side
Let's face it Bucks has and always will be a intense individual. He played like that trained like that and anything less than maximum effort and performance was not acceptable to him. I think he has realised the past 12 months especially dealing with a young list that they aren't all going to be in top notch frame of mind or absolute peak performance each and every week. He seems (from the sidelines) to be more of give them a hug more often type of coach now then before.
Injuries can explain our lack of cohesion definitely and anyone who says different really are living in a fools world.
Late this past season when we were able to play the basic same 18 players each week we looked a far better side. Players seemed to know there roles very well and executed plans quite effectively.
People harp on about the Bulldogs injury list but in terms of games lost to injury we had more and ours were mainly long term injuries. Other than murphy there long term injurie came later part of the season and by then they had built up a very solid team structure that held them in good stead.
There best player the Bont missed how many games ? Our best player Pendles played half the year busted with either ribs of leg issues. Our second best player Swanny played a few minutes our best and most damaging forward Cloke played a handful of below par games our 2nd best forward Elliott didn't lace on a boot all season one of best you talents Scharenberg didn't play a game one of our better young backs Ramsay played a few games only the list goes on and on
The Hawks looked far from a premiership force last season with ageing legs and no roughie but won 7 games by 10 points or less through experience and some very helpful errors from opposition and assistance from the umps. Had they lost those games guess where they finish ? Right behind us
I just want a season when we only have to use in the low 30's of players and see if we can't develop some cohesion and build belief in the guy next to you
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:57 pm

Much more important than anything more that Bucks can do is the departure of Leading Teams.

Now Bucks can interact with individual players as he sees fit, without the imposition of the collective groupthink psychobabble.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:58 pm

Woods wrote:
Much more important than anything more that Bucks can do is the departure of Leading Teams.

Now Bucks can interact with individual players as he sees fit, without the imposition of the collective groupthink psychobabble.

Correct weight. Cool
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:06 pm
Post subject: Re: Message for Bucks: change is neededReply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Merry Christmas TP.

For the record, I've never objected to criticisms of Bucks coaching, only the vitriolic and destructive type of attacks from the so-called 'sadsacks' who seem to revel in every sign of failure or misfortune from our team.

Ditto!
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:23 pm

It's pretty simple really.

No finals=sacked.

Play finals=retained.

I wouldn't however give him more than a 1 year contract extension unless we made the grand final.

I don't want us to make the same mistake that Richmond did with Hardwick.

After the last 3 years and in his sixth season as coach then making finals should just be viewed as the bare minimum requirement from him and not instigate calls for a generous contract extension.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:02 pm

swoop42 wrote:
It's pretty simple really.

No finals=sacked.

Play finals=retained.

I wouldn't however give him more than a 1 year contract extension unless we made the grand final.

I don't want us to make the same mistake that Richmond did with Hardwick.

After the last 3 years and in his sixth season as coach then making finals should just be viewed as the bare minimum requirement from him and not instigate calls for a generous contract extension.

I agree swoop. But I'm hoping to see an emotional lift from Bucks, the team,
and the Magpie Army, all in unison. To achieve real success and domination over our opponents we need to truly demonstrate the meaning of 'Side by Side'. Ultimately, this emotional uplift must be led by Bucks himself. If this happens we can once again become an irrepressible force able to sweep aside all opposition. So Bucks, embrace us all and lead us to victory. No more excuses, it's time to stand and deliver! Go Pies!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:07 pm

The main change I want to see is in the Win/Loss columns.

The caveat is, I'd like us to look good while doing it but I'll settle for crap-to-watch games if we win them.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:11 pm

Oh, main change he or she want to see is.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:37 pm

^

Piss off nimrod, stop stalking me.

Your father was a commodore 64 and your mother was a toaster. Make yourself useful, call in your uncle the kettle and make breakfast.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:21 pm

stui magpie wrote:
The main change I want to see is in the Win/Loss columns.

The caveat is, I'd like us to look good while doing it but I'll settle for crap-to-watch games if we win them.

Remember the good old days when you got to read about their exploits quarter by quarter in the Herald? In those days, you could imagine how good they must have been and, unless you went to the game, the imaginings were never spoilt by actual film footage of them being stodgy and incompetent.
R_T_RUSH 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:07 pm

Woods wrote:

Didn't Bucks bring in Leading Teams?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: