Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Message for Bucks: change is needed

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

R_T_RUSH wrote:
Woods wrote:
Much more important than anything more that Bucks can do is the departure of Leading Teams.

Now Bucks can interact with individual players as he sees fit, without the imposition of the collective groupthink psychobabble.

Didn't Bucks bring in Leading Teams?

No, everything that has happened at Collingwood since 2011 has been put in place by people who have been trying to thwart him, deliberately and systematically. It's all happened without his approval, too. Wink
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:58 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
The main change I want to see is in the Win/Loss columns.

The caveat is, I'd like us to look good while doing it but I'll settle for crap-to-watch games if we win them.

Remember the good old days when you got to read about their exploits quarter by quarter in the Herald? In those days, you could imagine how good they must have been and, unless you went to the game, the imaginings were never spoilt by actual film footage of them being stodgy and incompetent.

Growing up in NSW I had to rely on 3LO and channels 7 and 2 to get a footy fix.

Afternoon papers were a luxury we didn't have.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:01 pm

surfer1 wrote:
Lot of words for minimal input but hear you , whatever it takes, addthat to the thousands of similar comments if you feel you must

Cmon Ararat boy, I tangled with Scotty Turner in game in '87 or '88 when I was representing North Central as a Donald boy, and he Western Districts or Wimmera [?] He kneed me in the chest and I gave him, erm, a scowl. I also played for Kalkee for 4 years so please, accord me some fellow country boy respect Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:04 am

RudeBoy wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
It's pretty simple really.

No finals=sacked.

Play finals=retained.

I wouldn't however give him more than a 1 year contract extension unless we made the grand final.

I don't want us to make the same mistake that Richmond did with Hardwick.

After the last 3 years and in his sixth season as coach then making finals should just be viewed as the bare minimum requirement from him and not instigate calls for a generous contract extension.

I agree swoop. But I'm hoping to see an emotional lift from Bucks, the team,
and the Magpie Army, all in unison. To achieve real success and domination over our opponents we need to truly demonstrate the meaning of 'Side by Side'. Ultimately, this emotional uplift must be led by Bucks himself. If this happens we can once again become an irrepressible force able to sweep aside all opposition. So Bucks, embrace us all and lead us to victory. No more excuses, it's time to stand and deliver! Go Pies!

Bump bump!

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:15 am

Like your thoughts Rudeboy, Cam and TP but as always there are more factors to put in the mix than the coach alone. From experience, in my sporting life we have won premierships without a coach and won a carnaval beating a first division state side where we were not even supposed to get to the final….. Yes without a coach but with great leaders in the side. Each sticking to a plan, a role and boy it was exciting being in it and working it to make it happen!! I’ve never celebrated so much or been so drunk after the event. There is nothing like a team in the groove. With our Pies we have been on a rebuild for the last 5 years. And this year with a bit of luck and less injuries we should see how successful that rebuild has been. Obviously the call “can Bucks coach” will still be out until we start winning continuously.
On the other side there is no reason that Bucks can’t coach! The rumored conflicts with players that were at the end of their carriers and some that were moved on are never easy to interpret and no doubt raise many thoughts about Bucks’s player management. I was dejected in seeing Heath head to Sydney then again I felt the same about Rhyce even if it was during the MM era, and let’s not forget Dids. The new group show that they have no problems playing for the coach well that is what it seems and the style of play the coaches have proposed seemed to be taken in their stride although there were moments early this year when teams were getting in behind us and scoring easy goals you could see those shoulders drop and I reckon a few looked like they had enough of the “game plan”.
The team will keep growing together and the natural leaders will galvanize the side. It’s easy to cry out for a Maxwell or a Swanny and maybe rely solely on Pendles but it’s time for players such as Treloar, Howe and Moore to spark the side to bigger and better things. Hopefully Buckley will just guide the new leaders along and let them take control on field. Ultimately it will be the players who as a unit that complement each other will feel they can drive as high as possible and it’s that unity that will take us to the top of the heap. I feel we are short of a good key forward and a key back to threaten for a premiership at the moment.
surfer1 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:45 am

Cam wrote:
surfer1 wrote:
Lot of words for minimal input but hear you , whatever it takes, addthat to the thousands of similar comments if you feel you must

Cmon Ararat boy, I tangled with Scotty Turner in game in '87 or '88 when I was representing North Central as a Donald boy, and he Western Districts or Wimmera [?] He kneed me in the chest and I gave him, erm, a scowl. I also played for Kalkee for 4 years so please, accord me some fellow country boy respect Wink

Ok Cam sorry I just want the whole Bucks discussion to go away in the off season , rather focus on the players and their potential
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:04 pm
Post subject: Re: Message for Bucks: change is neededReply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
As a complete outsider, with absolute no inside information at all

Ummm.... Huh? What makes you think that you are so special? Of the 250 best-known and most regular posters on this BBS, somewhere between 280 ans 340 of them have exactly the same inside knowledge you have.

Well, that's not quite fair. There are ten or twelve who admit to considerable inside knowledge, We all know who they are. In fact, they'll tell you quite openly that they have compelling insights based on personal knowledge and well-informed confidential sources. Rudeboy, you are not to be compared with these posters. For starters, you are an honest man. Plus you don't skite or pretend. And your knowledge of football, while admittedly zero, is neverthless greater than theirs. Oh, and you can think. Not sure if that counts for anything these days.

Uhhh . let's start again, shall we?

RudeBoy wrote:
As a complete outsider, with absolute no inside information at all, based solely on the many rumors floating around, I worry that all is not a happy place within our football department and team. So while Bucks has so far emphasised structures and processes as the key to success, I worry if perhaps the emotional well being, bond, comradeship and spirit within our team has been allowed to suffer? Watching the Doggies last year, it was apparent all season that they had a fantastic spirit within their group and between the players and coach. As much as I love Bucks, there has always been a question mark about his ability to engage and emotionally connect with his players.

Mate, you haven't been paying attention. Bucks has an outstanding ability to communicate and inspire. Look at the youngsters he's brought on - many of them players he first coached as juniors in the AIS team. Blokes like Adams and Treloar. They are in awe of Bicks. They love the man, and they can and do run through brick walls for him, week in and week out.

Bucks has been moulding a team of youngsters in his own image: hard-working, disciplined, motivated to succeed, willing to leave no stone unturned in the quest for success. Many of our best young players not only hear the Buckley message, they have done whatever it took to get to Collingwood - not Hawthorn, not Footscray, not Geelong: Collingwood - because they wanted to play under Buckley.

Say what you like about Bucks and the old-time senior players. I have no opinion on that, and no real grounds for forming one. Frankly, they don't matter much. They'll all be gone in a few more years, and already the on-field heart of the club, the players who win matches for us, has shifted. Now, in 2017, it is the young, motivated, talented Buckley Brigade we look to for success, players like Aish, Treloar, Adams, Moore, Crisp, de Goey, Grundy, Maynard, Langdon, Ramsay, Smith and Scharenbberg. When those guys perform, we win, and guess what: they are only just starting to hit their straps.

Thanks Bucks: you have built us a team that's going places.

(PS: this is not to diss the value of the last few good-to-great old timers we have;' guys like Pendlebury and Reid. They are closer to the end than the start of their careers, but they will keep on putting in as long as their bodies are up for it. Bless 'em.)

(PPS: and let's not forget Buck's demonstrated ability to select, recruit, and motivate quality senior players who need a fresh start. Bucks has the ability to get on a wavelength with some of these experienced recruits and get more out of them than anyone expected: Travis Varcoe is a good example. You'd reckon than one or two of this year's new veterans will make their mark too.)

(PPPS: but above all, look at Buckley's youngsters. Try telling Adams or Treloar that Buckley can't coach.)

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:07 pm

PPPPS: I'm not talking about Cam! Cam is no fool.
surfer1 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:54 pm

Tannin wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Ummm.... Huh? What makes you think that you are so special? Of the 250 best-known and most regular posters on this BBS, somewhere between 280 ans 340 of them have exactly the same inside knowledge you have.

Well, that's not quite fair. There are ten or twelve who admit to considerable inside knowledge, We all know who they are. In fact, they'll tell you quite openly that they have compelling insights based on personal knowledge and well-informed confidential sources. Rudeboy, you are not to be compared with these posters. For starters, you are an honest man. Plus you don't skite or pretend. And your knowledge of football, while admittedly zero, is neverthless greater than theirs. Oh, and you can think. Not sure if that counts for anything these days.

RudeBoy wrote:
As a complete outsider, with absolute no inside information at all, based solely on the many rumors floating around, I worry that all is not a happy place within our football department and team. So while Bucks has so far emphasised structures and processes as the key to success, I worry if perhaps the emotional well being, bond, comradeship and spirit within our team has been allowed to suffer? Watching the Doggies last year, it was apparent all season that they had a fantastic spirit within their group and between the players and coach. As much as I love Bucks, there has always been a question mark about his ability to engage and emotionally connect with his players.

Mate, you haven't been paying attention. Bucks has an outstanding ability to communicate and inspire. Look at the youngsters he's brought on - many of them players he first coached as juniors in the AIS team. Blokes like Adams and Treloar. They are in awe of Bicks. They love the man, and they can and do run through brick walls for him, week in and week out.

Bucks has been moulding a team of youngsters in his own image: hard-working, disciplined, motivated to succeed, willing to leave no stone unturned in the quest for success. Many of our best young players not only hear the Buckley message, they have done whatever it took to get to Collingwood - not Hawthorn, not Footscray, not Geelong: Collingwood - because they wanted to play under Buckley.

Say what you like about Bucks and the old-time senior players. I have no opinion on that, and no real grounds for forming one. Frankly, they don't matter much. They'll all be gone in a few more years, and already the on-field heart of the club, the players who win matches for us, has shifted. Now, in 2017, it is the young, motivated, talented Buckley Brigade we look to for success, players like Aish, Treloar, Adams, Moore, Crisp, de Goey, Grundy, Maynard, Langdon, Ramsay, Smith and Scharenbberg. When those guys perform, we win, and guess what: they are only just starting to hit their straps.

(PS: this is not to diss the value of the last few good-to-great old timers we have;' guys like Pendlebury and Reid. They are closer to the end than the start of their careers, but they will keep on putting in as long as their bodies are up for it. Bless 'em.)

(PPS: and let's not forget Buck's demonstrated ability to select, recruit, and motivate quality senior players who need a fresh start. Bucks has the ability to get on a wavelength with some of these experienced recruits and get more out of them than anyone expected: Travis Varcoe is a good example. You'd reckon than one or two of this year's new veterans will make their mark too.)

(PPPS: but above all, look at Buckley's youngsters. Try telling Adams or Treloar that Buckley can't coach.)

Yep!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:27 pm

Tannin wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

RudeBoy wrote:

Thanks Tannin....I think? Confused
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:53 pm

Tannin wrote:

It's a bit of a sporting cliche that players often get to their late 20's before realising how short their careers are. The interviews they give then focus on how they "learned what was required of their preparation" and how this is responsible for their late career renaissance. Maybe Buckley is tapping into that.
uncanny 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:21 pm

Yes it's crunch time for Bucks at the helm this season.
The second half of the 2016 season shows we aren't far away and can move back up the ladder.
Let's hope this momentum keeps building for a full season with less injuries than we've had to endure and continued development and improvement in the impressive list of young talent going around. And good seasons from their mature recruits will seal deal.
Top 6 possible.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:38 pm

Rudie wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Lotsa stuff, some of it even sensible

LOL. Don't piss him off, his main competitor's shop just burnt down. Razz

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:25 pm

Tannin wrote:
PPPPS: I'm not talking about Cam! Cam is no fool.

Depends who you talk to Tannin haha Laughing Laughing

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:10 am

stui magpie wrote:
Rudie wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Lotsa stuff, some of it even sensible

LOL. Don't piss him off, his main competitor's shop just burnt down. Razz

Stui, it was a Christmas fire-sale FFS; stop reading between the lines.
Or the flames.
The Jewish stock-takes only occur in the non-festive months.
Just to clarify.

Surprised

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: