Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Message for Bucks: change is needed

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:39 am
Post subject: Message for Bucks: change is neededReply with quote

Let me begin by declaring myself a fan of Bucks and therefore a proud member of the lollipop brigade.

Nevertheless, after 5 yrs at the helm, there can be no more excuses. no longer can we delude ourselves that we would have been successful if not for injuries, or the media, or anything else for that matter. Our motto for 2017 should be 'Stand and Deliver'!

Therefore, I am pleading with Bucks to make some conscious and significant changes to his coaching style. Only a fool repeats the same thing expecting a different result. As a complete outsider, with absolute no inside information at all, based solely on the many rumors floating around, I worry that all is not a happy place within our football department and team. So while Bucks has so far emphasised structures and processes as the key to success, I worry if perhaps the emotional well being, bond, comradeship and spirit within our team has been allowed to suffer? Watching the Doggies last year, it was apparent all season that they had a fantastic spirit within their group and between the players and coach. As much as I love Bucks, there has always been a question mark about his ability to engage and emotionally connect with his players. So Bucks, I'm still backing you to lead us to our next flag and more, but to do so I reckon you have to make some serious changes to the way you lead. Futhermore, I reckon it will require you to publicly rally with and motivate the Magpie Army as this will help to inspire the team. Make it happen Bucks and make it obvious. That's my closing rant for the year. Go Pies!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucks know he/team has to Improve or he be out of a Job
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:27 pm
Post subject: Re: Message for Bucks: change is neededReply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Let me begin by declaring myself a fan of Bucks and therefore a proud member of the lollipop brigade.

Nevertheless, after 5 yrs at the helm, there can be no more excuses. no longer can we delude ourselves that we would have been successful if not for injuries, or the media, or anything else for that matter. Our motto for 2017 should be 'Stand and Deliver'!

Therefore, I am pleading with Bucks to make some conscious and significant changes to his coaching style. Only a fool repeats the same thing expecting a different result. As a complete outsider, with absolute no inside information at all, based solely on the many rumors floating around, I worry that all is not a happy place within our football department and team. So while Bucks has so far emphasised structures and processes as the key to success, I worry if perhaps the emotional well being, bond, comradeship and spirit within our team has been allowed to suffer? Watching the Doggies last year, it was apparent all season that they had a fantastic spirit within their group and between the players and coach. As much as I love Bucks, there has always been a question mark about his ability to engage and emotionally connect with his players. So Bucks, I'm still backing you to lead us to our next flag and more, but to do so I reckon you have to make some serious changes to the way you lead. Futhermore, I reckon it will require you to publicly rally with and motivate the Magpie Army as this will help to inspire the team. Make it happen Bucks and make it obvious. That's my closing rant for the year. Go Pies!

Funny but to me that sounds exactly like the stuff others, including myself, have been saying and getting slammed for!

Ie, we ALL want the bloody fairytale other teams get (ie the bullbloodydogsandtheirextra18freekicks) and that is Buckley leading our team to the ultimate prize, but well, we have serious doubts that his methods are going to get us there!

Welcome to the dark side!

And I still love Buckley as much as the next guy!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:39 pm

Merry Christmas TP.

For the record, I've never objected to criticisms of Bucks coaching, only the vitriolic and destructive type of attacks from the so-called 'sadsacks' who seem to revel in every sign of failure or misfortune from our team.
surfer1 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:07 pm

Plenty of threads already to make this comment in why even start another. Pretty sure after all this time most people have formed an opinion one way or another
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:54 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Merry Christmas TP.

For the record, I've never objected to criticisms of Bucks coaching, only the vitriolic and destructive type of attacks from the so-called 'sadsacks' who seem to revel in every sign of failure or misfortune from our team.

Lol! Now you got me ashamed! Cheers mate, Merry Christmas xxxx I'll raise you a happy black and white New Years!!

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:10 pm

To request Buckley makes changes to his coaching style implies that Buckley hasn't already been making changes to his coaching style. Every year Buckley has been making subtle changes to his coaching style, it's just that we haven't been witnessing any marked improvement in ladder position for the side. There's been endless discussion about the reasons for this, but basically Buckley hasn't been given a decent run of having a stable team out on the field for any length of time. If Buckley gets his best 22 onto the park in 2017 and keep the same stable team on the park for most of the season then we can better judge his coaching ability. I think we just keep fooling ourselves about the depth of the list. At least 10 of our players are in development and won't mature for another two/three years, so we need to stick to the same 20-28 players or so to be competitive next year and avoid the plague of injuries that has destroyed our last two or three seasons.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:21 pm

surfer1 wrote:
Plenty of threads already to make this comment in why even start another. Pretty sure after all this time most people have formed an opinion one way or another

It's that kind of narrow minded thinking that is the root of this whole problem. We don't need black or white, we need grey.

We require:
Bucks changed, so we win [meets sads@ck needs]
Bucks change, so we win [meets lollypop needs]

Change can be actual or metaphorical, but change we must.

Bucks have or Bucks have not, there is only one thing we need: To Win and Win Lots
How that is achieved matters not, as long as it happens. If it doesn't happen, then we need to do what is required.

A flag covers a multitude of sins.

Whatever is required I want to see the Collingwood of 2017 smash teams, narrowly beat teams, stick with teams then run them over, making doubly sure we beat Carlton, Essendon, Richmond, Hawthorn, Bulldogs, North, St Kilda, Melbourne, Brisbane, Geelong, Sydney, GWS, Freo, West Coast, Port, Adelaide and Gold Coast.

I'm with you Rude.

Last edited by Cam on Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:34 pm

In Cam I trust. So let's make our 2017 campaign slogan 'Stand and Deliver'.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:55 pm

^

I was never a big fan of Adam Ant. How bout Bound for glory? Wink

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:14 pm

Cam wrote:

A truth of Biblical proportions.
surfer1 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:36 pm

Cam wrote:
surfer1 wrote:

It's that kind of narrow minded thinking that is the root of this whole problem. We don't need black or white, we need grey.

We require:
Bucks changed, so we win [meets sads@ck needs]
Bucks change, so we win [meets lollypop needs]

Change can be actual or metaphorical, but change we must.

Bucks have or Bucks have not, there is only one thing we need: To Win and Win Lots
How that is achieved matters not, as long as it happens. If it doesn't happen, then we need to do what is required.

Whatever is required I want to see the Collingwood of 2017 smash teams, narrowly beat teams, stick with teams then run them over, making doubly sure we beat Carlton, Essendon, Richmond, Hawthorn, Bulldogs, North, St Kilda, Melbourne, Brisbane, Geelong, Sydney, GWS, Freo, West Coast, Port, Adelaide and Gold Coast.

I'm with you Rude.

Lot of words for minimal input but hear you , whatever it takes, addthat to the thousands of similar comments if you feel you must
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:16 pm

Yeah I think we will leave that particular slogan to Essendrug!
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:25 am

In the latter half of the year as our list matured and injuries stabilized we were were a top 4 side on the basis of our performances against the other top 4 sides. We beat GwS, beat Geelong, ran the premiers to 3 points (after being denied a blatant free in front of goal with 60 secs left) and just failed to beat the Hawks when they had a top four slot at stake and we were playing for pride.

Nothing is certain, but given that evidence, and the fact that that I think our list has improved over the draft and our young players continue to mature, I expect us to give it an almighty shake in 2017. There is nothing wrong that list stability and a fair run with injury will not fix.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:35 am

The "perceptive fellow" will never accept the truth in that 5 years of injuries to the playing list of almost biblical proportions could possibly affect performance.

This aggravates their predjudices and threatens to force reason into their agendas.

Pointless even trying to discuss with such people.

Change WILL come when the list is in a robust enough state to support it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: