Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Fifty days and counting

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:57 am
Post subject: Fifty days and countingReply with quote

My recall of the fifty days leading into Round one 2016 is not exactly clear to the point of who was still listed unavailable to be in first 22

We are at that stage of 2017 so is the information from club on availabilty better

Any thoughts opinions or facts from Nicksters----are we in a better place this year

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:25 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

From memory, Scharenberg, Howe, Sinclair, Goldsack, Oxley, Broomhead, Fasolo and Elliot were all unavailable for the first match. Plus Treloar and Crisp had interrupted preseasons which would have hampered their preparations for the Sydney game.

This season Goldsack has been in training for the last month. I can't think back to another preseason where Goldsack trained at all. I think Davoren is being very clever this preseason with the training loads being spread out so the players aren't being overtrained. The advantage of all this is that the players are being trained to get them through an arderous 22 game season.

The disadvantage is that I don't think we are going to be at our best for the first game of the season, although we should have close to a full list to choose from. I'll be happy if we are 4:4 after 8 games. But I'd rather be the tortioise than the hare, because I think we're going to get better as the season progresses. Collingwood supporters just need to be patient.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:00 am

Did not Langdon cop an injury in pre season games of 2016 ???

Certainly Swannie saw less than 3 minutes of round one 2016

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:07 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
From memory, Scharenberg, Howe, Sinclair, Goldsack, Oxley, Broomhead, Fasolo and Elliot were all unavailable for the first match. Plus Treloar and Crisp had interrupted preseasons which would have hampered their preparations for the Sydney game.

This season Goldsack has been in training for the last month. I can't think back to another preseason where Goldsack trained at all. I think Davoren is being very clever this preseason with the training loads being spread out so the players aren't being overtrained. The advantage of all this is that the players are being trained to get them through an arderous 22 game season.

The disadvantage is that I don't think we are going to be at our best for the first game of the season, although we should have close to a full list to choose from. I'll be happy if we are 4:4 after 8 games. But I'd rather be the tortioise than the hare, because I think we're going to get better as the season progresses. Collingwood supporters just need to be patient.

Totally agree but good luck with that here on Nick's...... Rolling Eyes Shocked

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:49 pm

BRING it on, looking forward to the REAL Collingwood F C Team taking the field v the Doggies, Rd 1, time for some doggies stew !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:06 pm

Let them puppies yelp

They will get no help

E 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:37 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:

crap teams always try to be superfit on round 1 so that they can allay the fears of the supporters and also to try to catch the better teams.

The better teams try to peak in September. an analysis of Hawthorn during the last 5 years would show you that relative to their overall performance, their first 4 or 5 games of the season were underwhelming. Most if not all of those seasons they started 2-2 or 2-3 or 3-2 or 3-3 and then lost very few games for the remainder of the year.

What you have described is likely consistent with the view held by most that we are going to be one of the better teams this year.

Wouldn't shock me if we went past Geelong, Hawthorn, North, WCE, Port (and maybe St. Kilda and Melbourne). I don't think we are ready to challenge my pick for the big 4 this year - Adelaide, Bulldogs, Sydney and GWS.

I think a realistic goal for us is 6th or 7th (depending in part on the progress made by others on the rise like Melbourne, St. Kilda, Port Adelaide and Gold Coast).

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:30 am

The good thing about the season being 50 days or so away is that Collingwood can't lose for 7 weeks.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:13 am

E wrote:
I think a realistic goal for us is 6th or 7th (depending in part on the progress made by others on the rise like Melbourne, St. Kilda, Port Adelaide and Gold Coast).

Good on you E. However the problem or maybe the great thing with realities is that each one of us has a different reality perspective.
My radar (which has been extremely inaccurate over the past 3 years) says that we will end up in the 9 - 12 section of the ladder. Time will tell.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:59 am

Footy Starts Tonight 😀
E 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:45 pm

Lazza wrote:
E wrote:

Good on you E. However the problem or maybe the great thing with realities is that each one of us has a different reality perspective.
My radar (which has been extremely inaccurate over the past 3 years) says that we will end up in the 9 - 12 section of the ladder. Time will tell.

We are basically of the same mind Lazza. the only difference is that you are predicting probable outcome and I am talking about the goal. I think its a realistic goal but that doesn't mean I am guaranteeing that kind of ladder placement.

I am excited to see if there has been a big improvement from the group given the recruits we brought to the club, the return of injured players and the development of the kids. If we lost nothing and we gain in these three ways, the only way is up, right?

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:46 pm

E wrote:
Lazza wrote:
E wrote:

We are basically of the same mind Lazza. the only difference is that you are predicting probable outcome and I am talking about the goal. I think its a realistic goal but that doesn't mean I am guaranteeing that kind of ladder placement.

I am excited to see if there has been a big improvement from the group given the recruits we brought to the club, the return of injured players and the development of the kids. If we lost nothing and we gain in these three ways, the only way is up, right?

Fully agree here E.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:49 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Footy Starts Tonight 😀

yeah nah
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:58 pm

38 days left until round 1.

2 days until the pre-season begins.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:23 am

Mmmmmm footy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: