Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Anyone Sighted Keeffe or Thomas?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Agree, surely it can't happen again. I'll take just an average run of injuries given the past few seasons, but crossing my fingers that we get an even better run.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:13 pm

Interesting that the club has already elevated Keeffe to the Seniors list, but not Thomas. I reckon that's where they should be, going on the last time they were part of the team two years ago.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:43 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Have big hopes for Keeffe, I think he's a very good inclusion despite the lay off. Thomas is handy but there'd be quite a few midfielders ahead of him at this stage. A little surprised he was rookied tbh. I suppose, better the devil you know.

I'm actually cautiously optimistic for both. Ball is in their court though.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:11 am

RudeBoy wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
Welcome back Lachie and Josh.

For those that are continually questioning Bucks and saying that he took over a dynasty list, there are only 10 players remaining on Collingwood's list from when Lachie and Josh last played for us, round 23, 2014.

Thus, we have turned over around 35 players (an average of just under 12 players per year) in the 2014, 2015 and 2016 off seasons. Quite simply because our list was no longer good enough we have undertaken a rebuild and for mine we are about to bear the fruits of that rebuild. Bring on 2017.

Hope you're right mooretreloar. Surely we are due a bit of luck on the injury front after 3 yrs of absolute hell?

i think you are misquoting the facts. There are only 10 players still on the list from the 22 that ran out there, but i think you'll find that we have more than 10 people on the list from that day.......

mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:39 am

E wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

For those that are continually questioning Bucks and saying that he took over a dynasty list, there are only 10 players remaining on Collingwood's list from when Lachie and Josh last played for us, round 23, 2014.

Thus, we have turned over around 35 players (an average of just under 12 players per year) in the 2014, 2015 and 2016 off seasons. Quite simply because our list was no longer good enough we have undertaken a rebuild and for mine we are about to bear the fruits of that rebuild. Bring on 2017.

Hope you're right mooretreloar. Surely we are due a bit of luck on the injury front after 3 yrs of absolute hell?

i think you are misquoting the facts. There are only 10 players still on the list from the 22 that ran out there, but i think you'll find that we have more than 10 people on the list from that day.......

That is what the article said.

However, the article is wrong. We have 16 on the list from the last time they played, as follows.

Fasolo, Grundy, Elliott, Goldsack, Langdon, White, Pendles, Blair, Scharenberg, Adams, Reid, Sidebottom, Sinclair, Broomhead, Oxley and Ramsay.

Thus, we have still turned over around 30 players since the end of 2014. 30 or 35, the point still stands we were not good enough and thus needed to rebuild.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:15 pm

Pic in the paper today shows Keefe is in good nick. He should be bloody hungry to impress after the club support he's had. Could be our recruit of the year.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:07 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
E wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

However, the article is wrong. We have 16 on the list from the last time they played, as follows.

Fasolo, Grundy, Elliott, Goldsack, Langdon, White, Pendles, Blair, Scharenberg, Adams, Reid, Sidebottom, Sinclair, Broomhead, Oxley and Ramsay.

Thus, we have still turned over around 30 players since the end of 2014. 30 or 35, the point still stands we were not good enough and thus needed to rebuild.

or 23 players. Since our list is 39 strong. probably a lot of clubs have had exactly the same turnover.

mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:20 pm

E wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
E wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

or 23 players. Since our list is 39 strong. probably a lot of clubs have had exactly the same turnover.

43 to 45 strong including rookies. You know the ones that get upgraded to the senior list when they are good.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:33 pm

To be complete E, the number of players that went off our list at the end of each season were as follows:
2014: 11
2015: 10
2016: 13

Total = 34.
E 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:15 am

mooretreloar wrote:
To be complete E, the number of players that went off our list at the end of each season were as follows:
2014: 11
2015: 10
2016: 13

Total = 34.

c'mon Man!!! Keep it real. You are counting Thomas and Keefe themselves in those numbers as the were delisted and re-rookied!!!!

Others like Armstrong came on and off in the interim.

Let's not suggest that players like Hudson, Mooney, Karnezis and Armstrong need to be emphasized in the analysis (or any rookie that amounts to nothing)!!!!! Afterall, it is expected that rookies will be gone after two years except for the diamonds in the rough so using rookies to inflate your numbers just ruins the point you were tryong to make.

Forget Thomas and Keefe, EVERY SINGLE PLAYER has seen at least 12 players leave since their last game!!!

If your point is that Keefe and Thomas have been gone a long time and that we have had a high turnover, the right way to think about list turnover is how many that were ON THE LIST when they last played are still there. NOT that crazy that only a core dozen or so players would remain after three years of culling (but some of the more established teams in their prime years probably have 20).

So your point is well made, but no need to eggagerate the facts to make your point any bigger than it needs to be.

2014 - de listings

Lynch
Nick Maxwell
Luke Ball
Lumumba
Marty Clarke
Caolan Mooney
Hudson
Beams
Tony Armstrong

2015 De-listings

Sam Dwyer
Clinton Young
Nathan Freeman
J Thomas
Lachlan Keefe
P Seedsman
Kennedy
Patrick Karnezis

2016 De-Listings

Brent Macaffa
Toovey
Gault
Marley Williams
Swan
Cloke
Nath Brown
Jack Frost
Jonathan Marsh
Jarrod Witts
Goodyear

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:09 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
Interesting that the club has already elevated Keeffe to the Seniors list, but not Thomas. I reckon that's where they should be, going on the last time they were part of the team two years ago.

Not to mention the fact that we really really desperately need tall defenders that can actually defend! -and we have since this silly sod wanted a cheap thrill! He's gunna have to stop a lot of opposition goals before I forgive him.
Thomas? We have plenty of his type, Keefe is the one we need. And have bloody needed.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:22 am

think positive wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

Not to mention the fact that we really really desperately need tall defenders that can actually defend! -and we have since this silly sod wanted a cheap thrill! He's gunna have to stop a lot of opposition goals before I forgive him.
Thomas? We have plenty of his type, Keefe is the one we need. And have bloody needed.

Keeffe's situation has been done to death. He's not Ben Cousins. He made a one off mistake in the off season and paid a disproportionate penalty to the offence he committed. We all make mistakes. We should all be feeling sorry for him.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:24 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
think positive wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

Keeffe's situation has been done to death. He's not Ben Cousins. He made a one off mistake in the off season and paid a disproportionate penalty to the offence he committed. We all make mistakes. We should all be feeling sorry for him.

What!

Feel sorry for a kid who nearly threw away his lucrative career playing a sport he enjoys because he took a bad pill!i don't think so! I never believed he meant to cheat, but he still chose to take the chance. Gambled and lost. I'll save my sympathy for someone who gets on a theme park ride and never makes it off, or the kid who passed away a week ago after suffering from cancer for most of her life.

Saw him at training this morning, and he looks as though he really wants to earn his second chance, good on him, and as I did with Marley, I'll applaud him if he sees it through. But he will never get any sympathy from me over this.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:34 pm

think positive wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
think positive wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

What!

Feel sorry for a kid who nearly threw away his lucrative career playing a sport he enjoys because he took a bad pill!i don't think so! I never believed he meant to cheat, but he still chose to take the chance. Gambled and lost. I'll save my sympathy for someone who gets on a theme park ride and never makes it off, or the kid who passed away a week ago after suffering from cancer for most of her life.

Saw him at training this morning, and he looks as though he really wants to earn his second chance, good on him, and as I did with Marley, I'll applaud him if he sees it through. But he will never get any sympathy from me over this.

I reckon that's unnecessarily harsh TP. I also think that around half, if not more, of all AFL players, have 'gambled' by taking an illicit substance at one time or another. We know after all, that 23 Hawthorn players alone, tested positive from hair samples over the last pre-season, but these tests were purely for research purposes, so none of them were found guilty.

The difference is that our 2 boys tested positive for performance enhancing substances, apparently unknowingly mixed in with some coke. Were they stupid for taking the stuff? Of course they were. Do I feel sympathy for the ridiculously harsh penalty handed out to them, by people who are probably regular pissheads (ie, they take more socially acceptable drugs)? Of course I do. I'm not sure what any of this has got to do with the deaths at Dreamworld, or the slaughter in Aleppo, or refugees drowning at sea. For me, sympathy is not an exhaustible resource. I may give more of it in one instance, but this doesn't prevent me from also giving some in another, less dramatic, instance.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:56 pm

Rude the fact remains every single player is counselled from a to z regarding the substances they put in their body.

They knew they were taking a chance and it blew up in their faces.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: