Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Welcome (back) to Collingwood - Geoff Walsh

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:57 pm
Post subject: Welcome (back) to Collingwood - Geoff WalshReply with quote

The Herald Sun are reporting that Geoff Walsh is set to return to the club in the vacant general football manager position.

Walsh was previously at Collingwood between 2006 to 2013, before leaving to take up a new role at North Melbourne.

The full article can be seen in the link below

Quote:
Collingwood set to land Geoff Walsh for its vacant football manager position

EXPERIENCED administra­tor Geoff Walsh has emerged as the frontrunner for Collingwood’s vacant general manager of football role.

It is understood the Magpies are close to finalising a ­replacement for Graeme Allan, who resigned from his short-lived stint after copping a one-year suspension for his role in the Lachie Whitfield affair.

While the Magpies remain tight-lipped, Walsh is known to be the preferred candidate, even though he remains contracted to North Melbourne.

He was going to take a lesser role with the Kangaroos next year after more than 30 years in the industry, handing over the head of football role to Cameron Joyce, but he was still going to work four days a week for the club.

It would be a homecoming of sorts given Walsh spent eight seasons with the Magpies — from 2006 to mid-2013 — during one of the club’s most successful periods, with the Magpies making the finals in each of those years.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/collingwood/collingwood-set-to-land-geoff-walsh-for-its-vacant-football-manager-position/news-story/2fe1f8b9872925db4b009c3dcebb887f

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We poached hom from North last time.

Hopefully history repeats

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:08 pm

Like like like
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:23 pm

Let's hope he doesn't have any skeletons in the closet,because we know Caro will be doing her very best to find them.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:48 pm

Like the Move but still has to get him 1st
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:12 pm

I was waiting all day for Barry to break this story but it never eventuated.

Anyway I'm a Walsh fan, so hope it comes to fruition.

By all reports he and Bucks had a very good rapport.

Is it 2017 yet?

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:26 am

I am playing devils advocate here. My understanding was Walsh was set to wind back his football commitments and start to look at retirement. Now he is going to head back to the Pies and commit to one of the biggest jobs in football and at one of the biggest clubs and will have to put in more hours. I don't understand this unless it's all about the money.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:30 am

Pert and Walsh?????
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:39 am

Culprit wrote:
I am playing devils advocate here. My understanding was Walsh was set to wind back his football commitments and start to look at retirement. Now he is going to head back to the Pies and commit to one of the biggest jobs in football and at one of the biggest clubs and will have to put in more hours. I don't understand this unless it's all about the money.

Yes its all about the money
No-one wants to come to Collingwood ever, we have to force them or bribe them.
Lets face it Collingwood is obviously a toxic envirement that is repulsive to any person no matter how challenging or interesting the job Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:15 am

neil wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Lets face it Collingwood is obviously a toxic envirement that is repulsive to any person no matter how challenging or interesting the job Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

^ I think it is clear from the text that it is a change of plans for Walsh from an intention to step back his commitments from 5 days a week. Culprit's interpretation seems fair under the circumstances. He's worked at Collingwood before and with many of the same personnel. It does seem financially motivated, albeit it doesn't mean he won't do a good job.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:40 am

Albert Parker wrote:
neil wrote:
Culprit wrote:

^ I think it is clear from the text that it is a change of plans for Walsh from an intention to step back his commitments from 5 days a week. Culprit's interpretation seems fair under the circumstances. He's worked at Collingwood before and with many of the same personnel. It does seem financially motivated, albeit it doesn't mean he won't do a good job.

"I don't understand this unless it's all about the money."

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:58 am

neil wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Now my view came about from my experience in stepping away from my football commitments. After more than a decade of commitment I thought it was time to wind back as well. Same situation be it not at the same level or remuneration. I was offered a lot more to fill a role at another club which I turned down as I had previously stated I wanted to step away from football. But hey neil, because it's not the same way you think it has to be bad/negative. I get it, I really do. It's the modern thing to seek shelter in the company of those with similar thoughts and intelligence.
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:37 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Pert and Walsh?????

not too fazed by that Thommo...its

Rudeboy and Walsh, I'm more worried about!!!!! Shocked

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:12 pm

Culprit wrote:
Now my view came about from my experience in stepping away from my football commitments. After more than a decade of commitment I thought it was time to wind back as well. Same situation be it not at the same level or remuneration. I was offered a lot more to fill a role at another club which I turned down as I had previously stated I wanted to step away from football. But hey neil, because it's not the same way you think it has to be bad/negative. I get it, I really do. It's the modern thing to seek shelter in the company of those with similar thoughts and intelligence.

Ok fair enough

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:19 pm

Culprit wrote:
neil wrote:
Culprit wrote:

It maybe only a one year commitment until Gubby serves his time, might make it attractive to him. ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: