Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Work Christmas Parties

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

bucksisgod wrote:
We have a different one each year, always start at lunchtime.We're doing a jet boat round the harbour this year, did the bridge climb last year. I'm in the same alcohol restricted boat as the rest of you stiffs. Until about 7pm when I break the shackles. By 10pm I vow to be at The Orient in the Rocks talking crap and getting into some mischief.

luvdids wrote:
Got talked into pashing our receptionist one year... talked into it by HER! Apparently I have 'kissable looking lips.. do you mind if I try?'. Me, with a few under my belt, "ummmm, no".

luvdids wrote:
Ours has become pretty crap to be honest.

You must have very high standards, what you describe sounds like the ideal Christmas celebration to me Laughing

Ha ha, the first quote was several years ago. Since I decided to tone it down a touch they've declined. Maybe that's the reason for the second quote?

Address for The Orient please Wink
bucksisgod Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:08 pm

luvdids wrote:
Ha ha, the first quote was several years ago. Since I decided to tone it down a touch they've declined. Maybe that's the reason for the second quote?

It would be. You need to ramp it up again LD. Get on those Midori and Lemonades and challenge any willing receptionist in the area to a fearsome game of tonsil hockey. If you could then upload the clip for review by Stui, 5150 and I it would be greatly appreciated.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:10 pm

bucksisgod wrote:
luvdids wrote:

It would be. You need to ramp it up again LD. Get on those Midori and Lemonades and challenge any willing receptionist in the area to a fearsome game of tonsil hockey. If you could then upload the clip for review by Stui, 5150 and I it would be greatly appreciated.

Any receptionist in the area??? What do you take me for - some kind of cheap fluzey??

(there was video of the first one actually, one of the owners took it! Shocked)
bucksisgod Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:31 pm

Noooooooo, I'm sure you're not cheap Laughing
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:22 pm

David wrote:
Lol. Laughing
My work has decided this year to bow to popular demand (not) and replace the Christmas Party with a wholesome family day that wraps up at 9pm. W. T. F.

I'm a parent, but I don't want to hang out with a bunch of kids. I want to get smashed. Is that too much to ask? Razz

It was about ten times lamer than even I expected. I turned up at 7:30 and nearly everyone had gone home! Did get a free sausage and game of giant jenga, though, so not a total waste of time. Smile

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:09 pm

So you typed that en route to King St? Razz
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:48 pm

Nope
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:44 am

David wrote:
David wrote:
Lol. Laughing
My work has decided this year to bow to popular demand (not) and replace the Christmas Party with a wholesome family day that wraps up at 9pm. W. T. F.

I'm a parent, but I don't want to hang out with a bunch of kids. I want to get smashed. Is that too much to ask? Razz

It was about ten times lamer than even I expected. I turned up at 7:30 and nearly everyone had gone home! Did get a free sausage and game of giant jenga, though, so not a total waste of time. Smile

Geez, must have been pretty rubbish if everyone had left hour & half before it was meant to finish!
ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:26 pm

luvdids wrote:
David wrote:
David wrote:
Lol. Laughing

Geez, must have been pretty rubbish if everyone had left hour & half before it was meant to finish!

It happened to me at the bowling club in Windsor used for Crackerjack. It was 3 pm and everyone left out of 80 people. I lived not far away and the manager came up and said "there is 86.00 dollars left on the tab. What do you want done with it. A quick few phone calls and 3 mates turned up and we polished it off. Work had no idea who the last one left was or that money was left so they never pursued it. The organiser rang 3 days later and the manager was on his day off and they said "You owe nothing".

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:30 pm

Keilor pub this year. Nothing fancy, just a good feed and few drinks with not a bad bunch of blokes. A few being not nearly enough to get me to want to pash any of them. Laughing
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:34 pm

luvdids wrote:
David wrote:
David wrote:
Lol. Laughing

It was hilariously bad. Turned up and there were literally fewer than 20 people left (this is in an organisation with 350+ employees). Just a DJ spinning tracks on an empty stage. Hopefully we'll be getting our proper Christmas party back next year. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: