Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Well's calf - "slight" strain confirmed

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
It's very disappointing that the club felt obliged to lie about this. It's like our club has a siege mentality, which becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It's like there are a bunch of children running our football department. An adult response to queries about Wells would have been something like "yeah, he felt a bit of a twinge in his calf, so we're going to lighten his work load for a while until he feels 100 per cent again". It aint hard really.

They Footy Department been a Joke for a Few Years now

derkd 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:30 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
It's very disappointing that the club felt obliged to lie about this. It's like our club has a siege mentality, which becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It's like there are a bunch of children running our football department. An adult response to queries about Wells would have been something like "yeah, he felt a bit of a twinge in his calf, so we're going to lighten his work load for a while until he feels 100 per cent again". It aint hard really.

I agree RudeBoy. The club has to be more transparent with issues like this especially during the preseason when there is not tactical advantage in not given opposition teams insight into your injuries and potential weaknesses. There is certainly an aspect of integrity and keeping faith with the supporters.

Let's be honest, the chances of Wells playing for us for 3 years without injury is a very long shot.

The club and Buckley have painted themselves into a corner.....This year has to be the year for some form of success. Bucks has already said it is this year or bust" (regarding finals).

The signing of Wells smacks of desperation for some form of success. I really hope that he is a gun and makes me eat humble pie. He is 31 and aside from last year has had awful run with injuries..... How does that equate to a 3 year contract?

Anyway i hope he proves my fears wrong is all i will say.

Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:25 pm

Sad when the 2017 footy season hasn't even started yet some are pessimistic, I am wrapped we have finally got some silk to help out our Captain.

I viewed the footage and Daniel appeared to be walking fine off the track, so I'm with Daniel it appears to be very minor.

Can't wait for round 1.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:36 am

Some have agendas, some are just pessimists and a few are total campaigners.
Bystander 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:29 am

I totally agree . . . I thought a good supporter - "s-u-p-p-o-r-t-s", not always whinge or criticize.
Right now all players are potentially good . . . the season has not started and there are lots of variables ahead, so let see what happens and "enjoy" the journey together.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:34 am

You and I are on the same wavelength, Bystander.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:20 am

derkd wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

The club and Buckley have painted themselves into a corner.....This year has to be the year for some form of success. Bucks has already said it is this year or bust" (regarding finals).

The signing of Wells smacks of desperation for some form of success. I really hope that he is a gun and makes me eat humble pie. He is 31 and aside from last year has had awful run with injuries..... How does that equate to a 3 year contract?

Did the signing of Leroy Brown, Luke Ball and Darren Jolly seem as desperate at the time?

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:45 am

Member 7167 wrote:
derkd wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Did the signing of Leroy Brown, Luke Ball and Darren Jolly seem as desperate at the time?

Two completely different situations. In 2009, we just came off out 2nd prelim loss in 3 years and were a couple of players short of being a contender. We payed finals 2006, 07, 08 and 09.

Compare that the Collingwood day. We aren't a couple of experienced players short of contending...it would be nice just to have a season where we win more games than we lose!
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:34 pm

Wells will to some extent fill the void of Swanny. Not comparing the two, only to say it is more a like for a like. I cant see the problem there. If we get some decent footy out of him in 3 years, and I'm tipping he will be good or better, whats the harm? Give the lad a chance before 2017 ffs.
Stevo75 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:50 pm

Why wouldn't the footy department try and keep stuff like this under wraps? We all know the agendas against the club by all in the media so let them do what they have to and respect the fact that everyone involved has the best interests of the club in mind.
As for signing an older player I don't see the problem? Wells is a jet and exactly what we need to compliment the team. I'm personally very happy with all our list and look forward to seeing them have a real crack next year.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:09 am

HAL wrote:
Be less specific.

Fine; his calf, it's f*cked AGAIN!

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:43 am

Old man with calf injury?

Plays for Collingwood?

Put a fork in him

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:45 am

Jeezuz there are some real rays of sunshine around.
Seth 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:56 am

Geez some of you live in la-la land if you think that the recruiting of Wells is a step in the right direction. He'll play a handful of games at best.

Happy to recruit these types when you are top 4 and just need a top up player to give that little extra ala Ball in 2010 but when you are languishing near bottom of ladder with a coach under extreme pressure (and rightly so!) it smacks of desperation. If he was cheap then fine but a 3 yr contract worth over $3mil - Spare me! what a joke.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:48 am

Member 7167 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

I agree RudeBoy. The club has to be more transparent with issues like this especially during the preseason when there is not tactical advantage in not given opposition teams insight into your injuries and potential weaknesses. There is certainly an aspect of integrity and keeping faith with the supporters.

Let's be honest, the chances of Wells playing for us for 3 years without injury is a very long shot.

Why? Why should the Collingwood Football Club set higher standards in relation to transparency than the other 17 clubs? Just because we've got more supporters? Just because there's almost daily coverage of the Pies?

Seems to me that it is the needs of a very few that would be met through such heightened transparency. Personally, at the start of December I couldn't give a toss if Wells is being managed let alone that he might have a slight niggle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8   

Jump to: