Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Best 22

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Number 35 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the fact that we are not even considered a darkhorse. Watching Collingwood for the last 30 years, when we are without injury we produce our best football with the 'underdog' tag on. I think bucks soldiers are ready to take scalps and suprise many pundits. Funny on SEN the other night Finey said he could see Collingwood in the top 4. The other 2 morons picked us bottom 4. Finey picked us for a flag last year as well. So did I. An inform Cloke Swan Elliot would have been responsible for a further 100 goals which we missed dearly. If you have a football IQ then their is no denying the talent we possess is probaly 2nd to GWS........................ An Nobody picking Jet Thomas in the team? Fock Me Keefy gets a shoutout? I guess we'll have to wait until Jet racks 35 touches and 3 goals again until people take notice of that kid with the shoulders
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:12 am

^Some questions

So does picking us for a flag last season, when we finished 12th, suggest that someone has particular 'football IQ'?

If we have 2nd ranked talent, but finish the season in such a low position, suggest that we have the best people in place to harness that talent?

If our people managing things are largely unchanged, does it suggest that the results should change that much?

I think we produced our best on-field results in 2011, save a grand final loss. Were we considered underdogs that year, having won the premiership the previous season?

If Josh Thomas was largely considered a fringe player and remains on our rookie list at present, when Smith & Keefe have all been elevated ahead of him, does it suggest that most, including the coaching panel, think he is in our best 22?

Ex GWS, which would appear to have an unsurpassed level of talent, is our list better than Sydney's talent? Dogs talent? Even Gold Coast have a ton of highly touted draft picks including 4 of the top 10 this year alone plus Ablett, Lynch, Thompson, Swallow, Jack Martin, Wright etc etc.

Yet, like you, somehow I still maintain some optimism that our team can at least make finals in 2017. My concerns lie in our key position depth and coaching capabilities though.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:05 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I cant see goldy or white being in the team much next season, I think this new bloke kirby we just picked up may get an early go, he looks ready made. My best team would have to include the likes of treloar, pendles, hoskin Elliott, j Elliott, scharenberg, varcoe, sidey, grundy, de goey, ramsay, Langdon, dunn, crisp, moore, fasolo, keefe, taylor adams, for starters.
I agree with you on Goldsack.White will play the first few games and will HAVE TO produce the goods or he will be gone. We seem to have a wealth of talent and positions in the team will be at a premium. A good position to be in.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:08 pm

Number 35 wrote:
I really like the fact that we are not even considered a darkhorse. Watching Collingwood for the last 30 years, when we are without injury we produce our best football with the 'underdog' tag on. I think bucks soldiers are ready to take scalps and suprise many pundits. Funny on SEN the other night Finey said he could see Collingwood in the top 4. The other 2 morons picked us bottom 4. Finey picked us for a flag last year as well. So did I. An inform Cloke Swan Elliot would have been responsible for a further 100 goals which we missed dearly. If you have a football IQ then their is no denying the talent we possess is probaly 2nd to GWS........................ An Nobody picking Jet Thomas in the team? Fock Me Keefy gets a shoutout? I guess we'll have to wait until Jet racks 35 touches and 3 goals again until people take notice of that kid with the shoulders

Sorry 35!!1 Commonsense has NO position on this site!!!! You need to talk shite or be a troll and you'll be taken seriously.Or just hate Bucks!!1 That'll do it.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:01 am

I get stuck at around 21 and 22 as I don't consider any talls beyond Grundy and Moore as worthy. If all midfielders and medium/talls are available, some decent players are gonna miss out. If we're going strictly best 22 it'll probably be a little on the short side
The Average Tourist 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:21 pm

The hardest part I see is the backline and I have included the Sack because I refuse to think that Dunn can do a job at AFL level, big Keefey has been out too long and was only developing, and our new number 35 is really two years away, but what have we lost from 2016 or 2015. So here goes

Sack Howe Maynard
Ramsay / Scharenberg Reid Adams
Wells Pendles Sidey
Aish Moore Broomhead
Elliott Cox Fasolo

Grundy Treloar Greenwood

Degoey Varcoe Wills Crisp

Apology to WHE, Smith, Sinclair and Phillips

Hopefully either the Berg or Ramsay are able to fill one flank.

Not sure who takes the Monster Forward

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:26 pm

Oh there.
E 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:23 pm

With respect to all of the posters who failed to include these players, but there is zero chance Collingwood shelled out all of that coin on the 4 FA's to have them play in the twos.

So you just gotta understand that all 4 of Dunn, Hoskin-Elliot, Wells and Mayne are in our best 22 unless and until they prove they are not. I also feel pretty strongly that Howe has also proven himself to be a best 22 type.

I also cant imagine any scenario at all where Aish, Grundy, Moore, De Goey, Reid, Adams, Treloar, Pendles and Sidey are automatic selections in our 22 from this year on. They are our 9 potential stars.

Now that's 14.

The remaining 8 players we can debate.

There has to be at least one more big in the forward line. Seems like that is out of White and Cox. for me, White showed enough.

I'd add two more small forwards and have to think that they are spots being held for Faz and Elliot. There are many others that can step in if these two arent right (including the likes of Goldsack, Crocker, Broomhead, Blair and others).

I think you add two more mids and here its a collection of guys like varcoe, Crisp, Greenwood, Wills, many other young guys.

Finally, you need three more backs. I think long term, they would think Ramsey, Langdon and scharenberg fill the need, although they would also like Maynard, Smith, Sinclair and tonnes of others to step up in the meantime.

That's how i end up with my starting 22 (automatic 22 in bold):

Ramsey, Dunn, Howe
Langdon, Reid, Scharenberg
Sidey, Adams, Aish
Wells, White, Hoskin-Elliot
Faz, Moore, Mayne

Grundy, Pendles, Treloar

Elliot, Greenwood, Crisp, Varcoe.

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:49 pm

E wrote:
With respect to all of the posters who failed to include these players, but there is zero chance Collingwood shelled out all of that coin on the 4 FA's to have them play in the twos.

So you just gotta understand that all 4 of Dunn, Hoskin-Elliot, Wells and Mayne are in our best 22 unless and until they prove they are not. I also feel pretty strongly that Howe has also proven himself to be a best 22 type.

I also cant imagine any scenario at all where Aish, Grundy, Moore, De Goey, Reid, Adams, Treloar, Pendles and Sidey are automatic selections in our 22 from this year on. They are our 9 potential stars.

Now that's 14.

There has to be at least one more big in the forward line. Seems like that is out of White and Cox. for me, White showed enough.

I'd add two more small forwards and have to think that they are spots being held for Faz and Elliot. There are many others that can step in if these two arent right (including the likes of Goldsack, Crocker, Broomhead, Blair and others).

I think you add two more mids and here its a collection of guys like varcoe, Crisp, Greenwood, Wills, many other young guys.

Finally, you need three more backs. I think long term, they would think Ramsey, Langdon and scharenberg fill the need, although they would also like Maynard, Smith, Sinclair and tonnes of others to step up in the meantime.

Ramsey, Dunn, Howe
Sidey, Adams, Aish
Faz, Moore, Mayne

Grundy, Pendles, Treloar

Sensible analysis, E.

Here's mine, interchanging the interchangeable from your analysis.
Maynard, Dunn, Howe
Varcoe, Reid, Smith
Sidey, Adams, Aish
Faz, Moore, Mayne

Grundy, Pendles, Treloar

Elliot, Wills, Crisp, Sinclair

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:07 pm

I'm not sure how many Dees games some of you guys have seen, but from what I've seen, Dunn is a very, very ordinary player. He would not be in my best 22. I'm hoping he was recruited as insurance against an injury to Reid or failure of Keeffe.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:10 pm

He's just cover in case Walsh can't play FB.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:29 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I'm not sure how many Dees games some of you guys have seen, but from what I've seen, Dunn is a very, very ordinary player. He would not be in my best 22. I'm hoping he was recruited as insurance against an injury to Reid or failure of Keeffe.

While I think you're being a bit harsh on Dunn I agree that he is a good ordinary player. I think he'll get game time in 2017, particularly early while Keeffe finds his feet. How much time he gets beyond that will depend upon him, to a large degree, and injuries to others.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:31 pm

jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

While I think you're being a bit harsh on Dunn I agree that he is a good ordinary player. I think he'll get game time in 2017, particularly early while Keeffe finds his feet. How much time he gets beyond that will depend upon him, to a large degree, and injuries to others.

I might be hard, but I'm always fair JC. Wink
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:31 pm

E wrote:

Now that's 14.

Ramsey, Dunn, Howe
Sidey, Adams, Aish
Faz, Moore, Mayne

Grundy, Pendles, Treloar

Hard to argue with any of that although I do think WHE, Scharenberg, Langdon and Ramsay might be a little slow out of the blocks, but they'll all build into the season.
cityslick1 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:51 pm

Josh Smith came 7th? in the B&F off 17 or so games... is one of the fittest at the club, and was used by Bucks as an example of the perfect player to coach. He's a monty for Bucks' best 22 imo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: