Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Women and shopping

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:09 pm
Post subject: Women and shoppingReply with quote

I had to wait a couple of hours today while they put a new tailgate window in my car. (Memo: next time move the damn car before mowing lawn. Or at least point it the other way - a new windscreen would have been $200 cheaper than the back glass.)

Two hours is too long to sit in a waiting room but not long enough to do anything sensible. So I went for a walk. After a while I found myself in the Bridge Mall, more-or-less the main shopping centre of Ballarat. (There are a couple of others. You can argue about which one is the main one.) Most of the shops seemed pretty boring - I have zero interest in ladies hairdressing or buying a new bra. In fact there was so little of interest in the shops that, having nothing better to do while I waited, I did a lap of the mall and counted them, with results as follows:

• 25: general-interest shops
  • 26: female-only shops
  • 6: mostly female shops
  • 1: male shop

The "general interest" shops included things like phone shops, banks, cafes, book shops and a newsagent.

The "female only" shops included lots of women's clothing shops, hairdressers, shoe shops, homewares shops (you might doubt that last classification but I looked into each one and on this busy shopping day and every single customer was female) and kiddy shops (exactly two males inside the various kiddy shops, one was standing there holding parcels and looking very bored while his female partner bought something, the other was a shopkeeper).

The "mostly female" shops were, at least in theory, of general interest, but the reality was that they were boring (to this male, I mean) and full of women shoppers, with barely a male customer to be found. Places you usually wouldn't look twice at (unless you are female, apparently). I had to make my own decision whether a female slant was heavy enough to make it count as a "general" or "mostly female" shop. For example, 80 or 90% of the customers in the Reject Shop were female, but I let that one stand as a "general interest" one as men do actually shop there more than once in a blue moon.

The only "male shop" sells clothing for men. Oh, and school uniforms for boys and girls but I counted it as "male only".

I didn't try to estimate the shopper numbers by sex ratio, but there were plenty of men about as well as women. Probably more women but plenty of both. Walking up to Central Square shopping centre and all the way up Sturt Street and back produced broadly similar results - lots and lots of women's shops, hardly any men's shops.

Now I could go for a drive up to the industrial side of town and count maybe 5 shops of general interest and 15 "boy shops" selling bearings, farm supplies, tractors, industrial pumps and tools, but these are places most people go to not for recreational shopping but because of a work requirement for trade supplies. (Most, not all. Hey, I'd rather look at the shiny new tractors than a naked lady, but I'm a bit weird like that. Anyway, I've seen lots of ladies in assorted states of undress but I've never been able to afford what I really want,, which is a <SNIP - this is a family-friendly site, please do not post explicit material - BBmods> tractor.)

OK, we all know women love to shop, but there are roughly 30 times as many "women's shops" in the mall as there are "men's shops"! Are women terminally addicted to wasting money on consumer junk? If so, why?

Discuss.

(Or, of course, ignore. As you wish.)

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, now I'm utterly intrigued.

Please outline your explicit Tractor fetish .

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:14 pm

I hate shopping!!

Last edited by Morrigu on Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:31 pm

Secret womens business OMG.

I was living with 3 women, Mrs WPT and my two daughters.

We learned them well:

Oldest daughter spends & is a state manager for a womens clothing retail chain in Sidanee.

Youngest is more of a saver but buys her clothes online most of the time.

Mrs WPT does not have much of a wardrobe but will but for the daughters.

They could all basically be blindfolded & show you shops in Chadstone, where to get the best coffee where not to buy coffee or lunch etc. This applies to Southland, Malvern Central & my oldest knows quite a few in Melbourne as she comes down here for her work etc. She could do the same blindfolded at Bondi junction and a few other areas. The oldest makes Imelda Marcos seem shoeless.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:46 pm

Why do women shop?

They haven't got a penis to play with all day.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:50 pm

How should I know how women shop.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:13 am

watt price tully wrote:
Secret womens business OMG.

I was living with 3 women, Mrs WPT and my two daughters.

We learned them well:

Oldest daughter spends & is a state manager for a womens clothing retail chain in Sidanee.

Youngest is more of a saver but buys her clothes online most of the time.

Mrs WPT does not have much of a wardrobe but will but for the daughters.

They could all basically be blindfolded & show you shops in Chadstone, where to get the best coffee where not to buy coffee or lunch etc. This applies to Southland, Malvern Central & my oldest knows quite a few in Melbourne as she comes down here for her work etc. She could do the same blindfolded at Bondi junction and a few other areas. The oldest makes Imelda Marcos seem shoeless.

Omg give them all a medal, seriously, last time I went to chadstone it took me an hour to find the right exit to where my car was! No exaggeration! And I managed to spend an extra hundred bucks or so! (Mostly shirts for hubby I think. - ok a token shirt, yeah yeah it was really on special, hey it's the thought that counts!) I love chadstone. I could easily spend all day there. Put on a nice frock and prance around the expensive wing! People watch in the food hall! High point is trying but it just can't match it.

I love the outlets in the states, Imelda wouldn't wear my shoes, I have, well I'm too scared to count but at least 6 pairs of runners. Gym runners, then there is casual runners, rock/ice climbing runners. I love love love runners! And a few low heels! My guilty pleasure is Walmart! I just have to go there! They have everything you could think of! And the people watching is second to none!

Online shopping? Hmmmmm ezibuy, eBay, sierra trading company, Victoria secret, Jacque e, oh and if you want sheets towels ect, Sheridan! I bought a stack of beach towels for pressies, normally $65, 2 for $60! And everyone else is getting Black Friday gold class tickets (they were 25% off so $30, perfect relo pressie! ) I pretty much did all my Xmas shopping on line. Got some cool outdoor bed shaped bean bags that fold into a stool, were $54 got them for $5 each, plus beans 1.5 bags, thats $20, add a beach towel, hits the $50 birthday limit for my sisters. Yeah nah I don't get this shopping thing!

And swoop, most woman can have a dick to play with anytime they want Wink Razz

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:47 am

I hate going shopping with my Mrs unless we go to Knox. If she wants to go there all good as I will head to one of the bars and she can pick me up when I am done. The longer she takes then she knows she will have to drive as well.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:32 am

shopping with husband, ugh, 'do you really need that, do they really need that? Yeah looks good (you can see through glazed eyes looking in the opposite direction?) Hmmm let's look around we can come back later."

He said this in a market in Nassau, after he bargained! and junior said " why did YOU want to come to the market now then, why don't we just come back later? You've said it about 5 times, is the ship coming back?"

One time in Vegas we were walking around some outlets, he says ok, I'll meet you at 6pm "here". Well we were there at 5.45. No hubby. We wait, I leave junior and walk down a few shops, Nup. I walk out the exit (they are all the same there is about 6-8 of them) turn left, walk two exits up. Nope. I check junior, and walk two exits the other way. I walk in, and here comes hubby, beet red, 'wherethe hell have you been, it's nearly 7.30". Me "WRONG exit". Picture scene from excorcist, and yes I was right!

He always gets me to Google the outlets when we are away! He usually lasts an hour or two! Funny, he like to go shopping on Christmas Eve and Boxing Day! Yes really. I went with him a couple of times but now I just point blank refuse! Oh god it's bad!

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:20 am

^^Ha ha. My shopping is planned. First work out where to park usually far so I have to walk and less chance of the car being damaged in the car park. Mind you I will park by myself and there is like 40 clear bays either side and I come back and some fckr has parked next to me as they must think their car will get lonely Rolling Eyes Then my route is planned with my shopping list starting at the furthest shop and making my way through my list and then out. I know what I want and prices and bang I am gone. No there will be some woman where the price is $27.25 and she will shuffle through her purse looking for the 25 cents and after a few minutes realise she only has 20 cents. If I am held up it's alway a woman. Razz
HAL 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:22 am

And like 40 clear bays either side is Mind you he or she will park by him or herself and there. Interesting gossip. Can you get more?
ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:37 am

The nearest bar to me in Thailand is opposite a large market. They do very well during the day time as the Thai girls go fresh food shopping and the ATMs (men) sup a few beers and have a game of pool. The shopping centres are for once a month top ups for baked beans, pickled onions, western sauces and the odd can of soup or beef and lamb which is expensive. Oh and the good bottle of red.
HAL 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:40 am

Like who, specifically does?
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:45 am

Culprit, if you were smarter you would use my method, which gives you completely free parking while you shop.

Mind you, while the parking is free, you still have to pay for a new windscreen. Shop more than once every week or two and it could get a bit expensive!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:11 am

I actually don't mind wandering the shops.

it's a biatch if you actually have a list of stuff you need, but just browsing and doing the odd impulse buy is relaxing.

I do tend to avoid the shopping centre in December though as the Xmas shopping frenzy shits me. I do most of my Xmas shopping at Dan Murphys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: