Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

On Foxtel right now (sigh)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:21 pm
Post subject: On Foxtel right now (sigh)Reply with quote

Jeezuz its hard to watch!

Fox is playing our 2013 demolition of Footscray. Trav is kicking goals, Pendles & Swanny are everywhere, & Kyle Martin is showing why he belongs at the top level, (Dunstall: I think theyve found themselves another great young mid).
Healey is commenting on how these two sides are in completely different places, and the team is reflecting on David Kings article about the Magpies, headlined: Its yours if you want it (with a picture of Maxy holding the premiership cup).
No one would have been surprised at that moment to find out that one of these sides had taken that very cup 3 seasons later.

Every single human living would have been very surprised indeed to find out that the side in question was the one in the mainly blue guernsey. I can imagine responses like Oh yeah, and I spose Donald Trump will be President too!?!?

Footscray were indeed at a different place, coach McCartney was struggling to get his side behind him, and there were culture problems at the Western Oval.
Still, McCartney hadnt been too bad, no one would expect him to be dumped or resign any time soon, the Doggies were slowly building. Another 3 or 4 years they could play finals. Rome wasnt built overnight!

Like I said, bloody hard to watch.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin was not good enough for AFL Level. Very Vanilla
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:21 pm

Look at the bright side. At least it shows how quickly things can turn.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:43 pm

Damien wrote:

Careful are you now ready for 23 paragraphs in reply? Shocked

www.facebook/the hybernators
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:45 pm

3rd degree wrote:
Damien wrote:

I want an answer to a very simple question: if he was THAT good, wtf wasn't he picked up by any other AFL club Question Shocked Rolling Eyes Confused Confused

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:54 pm

3rd degree wrote:
Damien wrote:

The thought did cross my mind

35forever 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:22 pm

Oh Dave how mistaken though art!

But first, let me point out that FOX is now playing the 2011 Quarter Final against West Coast, followed by Anzac Day 2011, The Granny Replay 2010, and the bashing of Carlton from earlier that wonderful year!
(For those who tell me 2011 wasn't the best season we've played in 50 years just because we lost the last quarter of the last game, PLEASE watch these next games, you will be enchanted at how incredible we were!
)

Martin could've been an absolute gun. No one who saw him in the Magoos, where he was our best for two seasons, could call him vanilla. His problem was the coach. his debut games were fantastic, He kicked 7.3 in 3 games as a mid, before the bye. He was handling the step up without problem, as the commentators said several times in the wrap-up and then the worst coach in the game inexplicably subbed him out at half time in his 4th when he had 11 possies & was looking good. He didn't get another look-in for the season despite starring each week in the twos.
Then, in 2014 our best player in the twos finally got another run in Rd 18 against Adelaide. At half-time he had 14 touches, 4 tackles, a goal, and 3 inside 50's, easily in our best half dozen, so obviously he was subbed off...
What a DICK that man is!
The week after he was the sub, and was brought on with 20 to play in the last. End of what could've been a great career, just another casualty of the worst coaching reign in our clubs history. By kilometres!
After he won that years best & fairest for the Magoos, he retired, and is now starring in local footy, where he doesn't get fu**ed until AFTER the game.

Oh, and 3rd Degree: ...nah, couldn't be stuffed.

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
35forever 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:27 pm

Unlike most folks around here I tend to actually answer questions rather than completely ignore, change the subject, or attempt humour...

Martin Retired from AfL Footy after 2014, one could hardly blame him. He enjoys his local footy, a lot less bull$hit.

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
35forever 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:35 pm

Damien wrote:

Yeah, but only when the problems are solved. The fact that we've refused to solve ours for the last 3 years - since we found out it was a dire problem - is utter dereliction of duty. I hold Eddie personally responsible.
Put it on the Fox Footy channel and watch the incredible side he took from us.

From 2013 t0 2015 he failed to solve the problem, as of this year he IS half the problem, turning us from the outright best, to the laughing stock of the game. I can't even count the number of sheer idiotic boners he & his mate have managed since 2011.
In 50 years I've been through plenty of hard times, it hurts but you go on. This is different, now we're doing things that are causing irepairable damage to our 125 year old club.

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:00 pm

talking foxtel, I was watching the 2010 prelim against Geelong on the weekend. I had forgotten how we smashed them, We were 90 something to 20 something during the 3rd quarter, and they had all their stars in.

Interesting stat, when they showed the team at the start of the game, there were only 2 of the starting 18 still at Collingwood, (Reid, Pendles) and 8 of the starting 18 at other clubs.
E 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:06 pm

35forever wrote:
Oh Dave how mistaken though art!

But first, let me point out that FOX is now playing the 2011 Quarter Final against West Coast, followed by Anzac Day 2011, The Granny Replay 2010, and the bashing of Carlton from earlier that wonderful year!
(For those who tell me 2011 wasn't the best season we've played in 50 years just because we lost the last quarter of the last game, PLEASE watch these next games, you will be enchanted at how incredible we were!
)

Martin could've been an absolute gun. No one who saw him in the Magoos, where he was our best for two seasons, could call him vanilla. His problem was the coach. his debut games were fantastic, He kicked 7.3 in 3 games as a mid, before the bye. He was handling the step up without problem, as the commentators said several times in the wrap-up and then the worst coach in the game inexplicably subbed him out at half time in his 4th when he had 11 possies & was looking good. He didn't get another look-in for the season despite starring each week in the twos.
Then, in 2014 our best player in the twos finally got another run in Rd 18 against Adelaide. At half-time he had 14 touches, 4 tackles, a goal, and 3 inside 50's, easily in our best half dozen, so obviously he was subbed off...
What a DICK that man is!
The week after he was the sub, and was brought on with 20 to play in the last. End of what could've been a great career, just another casualty of the worst coaching reign in our clubs history. By kilometres!
After he won that years best & fairest for the Magoos, he retired, and is now starring in local footy, where he doesn't get fu**ed until AFTER the game.

Oh, and 3rd Degree: ...nah, couldn't be stuffed.

how is Martin going these days? which team is he starring for?

Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:31 pm

E wrote:

Kyle Martin helped save people's lives in the Springvale Commonwealth Bank fire last week

Quote:
Police say the two tradies saved lives that day and urged them to come forward to assist with their investigation.

One of the men was believed to be former Collingwood player Kyle Martin but a Victoria Police spokeswoman said on Friday night neither of the men in the footage had yet been identified.

Mr Martin, who played six games for Collingwood and now plays for Noble Park, said he ran back to the bank and worked to put out a fire out the front of the branch with an extinguisher.

"It was obvious there were still people inside, because you could hear people in there."

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/springvale-fire-police-seek-mystery-hivis-heroes-seen-on-cctv-of-burning-bank-20161124-gsxa5q.html

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:23 pm

Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:
E wrote:

Kyle Martin helped save people's lives in the Springvale Commonwealth Bank fire last week

Quote:
Police say the two tradies saved lives that day and urged them to come forward to assist with their investigation.

One of the men was believed to be former Collingwood player Kyle Martin but a Victoria Police spokeswoman said on Friday night neither of the men in the footage had yet been identified.

Mr Martin, who played six games for Collingwood and now plays for Noble Park, said he ran back to the bank and worked to put out a fire out the front of the branch with an extinguisher.

"It was obvious there were still people inside, because you could hear people in there."

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/springvale-fire-police-seek-mystery-hivis-heroes-seen-on-cctv-of-burning-bank-20161124-gsxa5q.html

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=81417&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

cityslick1 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:16 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqWRaAF6_WY
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:15 am

I've been loving the games they've shown of us in recent days. Gee watching Swan Pendles Jolly Ball Cloke Shaw Maxy Dids Johno and a young Beams and Sidey has been great.
Interesting our ball movement wasn't really great in 2010/11/12 but our manic pressure was something to behold wow
Jolly giving us first use made a huge difference and Swan and Pendles just fed off if when Ball extracted it.
Some of the comments during the games like "we're did they find this kid Beams at" "Sidebottom looks like he was born to be a AFL player" "Maxwell has the biggest heart of any plater in the game today he never gives up a contest without a fight" "Cloke is just impossible to match up on when he's in this mood"

Oh the memories
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: