Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#27 Kayle Kirby

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the thongs. What a classic. Got some serious swagger this lad.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:56 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Down the pub with the family during the draft, they were all on the pokies.

I like the kid. Laughing

Loved it. Showed his bit to Mrs WPT who has little interest in AFL (till the Bombers do well that is) & she was killing her self.

Funny & poignant at the same time!

Had to turn up the TV!!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:59 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I just saw Kayle talking on the CFC site. When asked what he hoped to do next year, he confidently replied something like "playing in round one and kicking a few goals". I love this kid already. With so many well spoken private school boys, its so refreshing to have a rough diamond who is so down to earth and not full of cliches. Get this kid fit and I reckon he'll be a bloody ripper. I suspect he'll be a lot of Nicksters' favourite player before long. He's already mine. Cool

Yes, you can line up right behind me. See my post above to Stui. Kids a ripper, in fact they all scrub up really well. Given his dedication to travel so far to play for Bendigo augurs well for his future. Good luck to him.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:22 am

He has cult figure written all over him. I reckon he'll become a crowd favourite if he can fulfil his talent.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:26 am

Jezza wrote:
He has cult figure written all over him. I reckon he'll become a crowd favourite if he can fulfil his talent.

I reckon.

Quote:
Funny Pie learns of draft selection at the pub
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-29/funny-pie-learns-of-draft-selection-at-the-pub

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:52 am

Presti35 wrote:
Jezza wrote:

I reckon.

Quote:
Funny Pie learns of draft selection at the pub
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-29/funny-pie-learns-of-draft-selection-at-the-pub

If in form, pick him for Rd 1, v the doggies. Be nice to hit them with a shock and awe tactic, both him and hoskin Elliott. I have see video of hoskin Elliott,tearing the dogs to pieces recently, hes a walk up start I reckon. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
cityslick1 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:05 am

If he gets a game before fit players that have been in the system for 3 - 4 years now, like Broomhead, Hoskin Elliott and even De Goey... something isnt right with those players. Give him some time... he's still a kid, needs to improve his fitness a lot, and will need to earn the right to be best 22.
E 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:21 am

Jezza wrote:

yes, like Leon Davis. He will be a cult figure until he stops being amazing at which time he will promptly move to whipping by as happened to poor old Neon Leon. That's always the problem with coming in with outsized expectations. you always disappoint eventually.

Better to go the other way, like Leroy Brown did. Started off being lambasted as a dud and then earned respect through modestly exceeding expectations (and being used in a manner suited to his limited strengths) and became a cult hero. A much more enjoyable path i'm sure.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:05 am

^ Very Happy Personally I have always loved our aboriginal players and none have ever become whipping boys never in their careers, not in my mind anyway . Krack and Magic. They are special players and some of their plays are what makes them so special. Who can ever forget Goal of the year from Neon Leon "Magic" tackling the Freo Player dispossessing him "walking" over him without touching him and slotting it from 50 on the boundary dead centre........ or Kracks goal aginst the Dogs where he sold candy, side stepped and after Picken's dive was coming to an end just slotted it....
Lets see what Kirby brings to the table ........ Just looking forward to seeying him play. starting in the VFL.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:41 am

Be interesting to see how we train him. Not everyone is suited to being trained as an endurance athlete, this boy looks more of a power athlete so is better trained to be able to do repeat burst efforts, like a Swanny, rather than go all day like Sidey.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:47 pm

cityslick1 wrote:
If he gets a game before fit players that have been in the system for 3 - 4 years now, like Broomhead, Hoskin Elliott and even De Goey... something isnt right with those players. Give him some time... he's still a kid, needs to improve his fitness a lot, and will need to earn the right to be best 22.

I was up close to him today. He looks very fit to me. I don't think he's carrying any extra weight, but having said that, he doesn't have the benefit of having participated in a proper AFL preseason training yet, so won't be as match fit as the others yet.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:11 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
cityslick1 wrote:

I was up close to him today. He looks very fit to me. I don't think he's carrying any extra weight, but having said that, he doesn't have the benefit of having participated in a proper AFL preseason training yet, so won't be as match fit as the others yet.

Fit as a Mallee bull and tackles like one too apparently. Cool
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:17 pm

cityslick1 wrote:

You're probably right, but assuming he tears it up in the preseason, he could well get a game ahead of Crocker, Broomhead, Blair, Greenwood and Phillips. Based solely on his highlights video, he has attributes which none of those others have....genuine X factor near goals. Cool

Fwiw, I reckon Hoskin-Elliott has some X Factor as well. Elliott is a star, but doubts remain over his fitness. De Goey is a definite starter.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:38 pm

Short interview on the CFC website.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2016-11-30/from-lake-boga-to-collingwood

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:27 pm

He's like a plump Christmas pudding waiting to be unwrapped.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: