Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#27 Kayle Kirby

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
WTF is a kayle kirby? I hate kayle, it's proof marketing is stronger than taste buds.

Detail on this boy please.

A Byron Pickett type with Cyril Rioli type tricks acc to his coach - of course without placing to much pressure on the kid!

Cheers

i just looked at the CFC link jezza put up. 191cm and 96kg is a wrecking ball. If he has some speed and tricks he could cause carnage. Very Happy

He's 181cm.

Some sites have him at 86kg others 96kg.

He's not 96kgs IMO.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:39 pm

This is the 3rd bull we've drafted in 3 years, Abbott-Sier and now Kirby, surely one of has to turn out good.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:47 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Richmond had 29 and 53. We may have just got in ahead of them as pick 29 would have been too early for Kayle.

Bolton slide to 29 and they already have Rioli so may have passed on Kirby at 53 anyway.
T2 Sagittarius

T2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:34 am

Thought I'd pass on my cousin's observations on Kayle who played with him at the Pioneers this year:

"I played next to him down at full forward all year, doesn't miss a shot on goal, has unreal speed, he's very similar to Eddy Betts"

He went on to say that he had some concerns about his focus at times and that he was a "bit heavy", but I'm confident the Pies' fitness staff will correct that.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:04 pm

T2 wrote:
Thought I'd pass on my cousin's observations on Kayle who played with him at the Pioneers this year:

"I played next to him down at full forward all year, doesn't miss a shot on goal, has unreal speed, he's very similar to Eddy Betts"

He went on to say that he had some concerns about his focus at times and that he was a "bit heavy", but I'm confident the Pies' fitness staff will correct that.

Thanks for that.

Now we have Byron Pickett, Cyril Rioli Tricks (from the Pioneers coach) & plays like Eddie Betts.

No pressure on the kid Wink

Sounds like we picked up a good one. Given he had to travel so far to train & play that's great stuff.

Reckon I'll try & watch some more VFL games next year

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:29 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
piedys wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
shame we couldn't get Kayle Kirby, as he's apparently a great goal kicker and a mad Pies supporter.

Real shame that!

Too right Andrew. I was sure the Tigers would snare him after he kicked 9 goals in 2 VFL games for them.
Apparently he needs to work on his fitness, but the best part is that he's a massive Pies fan so he'll have no problems being motivated.
This kid has everything, in class, grunt and genuine x factor. I'm absolutely rapt we landed this kid.

Yeah sucked in Tiggers! Hoping we have the appropriate indigenous culture and mentoring program established at the club now to bring out his best; all in good time though! Could he becomes another Byron Pickett?

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:44 pm

Spoke to two people at work who have a lot to do with the Bendigo Pioneers. Huge up side to this bloke, a tremendous talent. However the club may be the make or break of him as an individual, due to some family related issues that didn't see him have the best role models around him while growing up. This family is well known up in Swan Hill for having great football talent IF they put their mind, body and soul into it.

Kayle trained at the Sandhurst Footy Club of his own violation after the season to keep fit and was extremely keen to impress. He is described as a very quiet fellow who is determined to do well.

If everything clicks into place and goes according to plan, he will be a gun.

Fingers crossed.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:18 pm

Wrong Thread
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:21 pm

watt price tully wrote:
T2 wrote:

Thanks for that.

Now we have Byron Pickett, Cyril Rioli Tricks (from the Pioneers coach) & plays like Eddie Betts.

No pressure on the kid Wink

Sounds like we picked up a good one. Given he had to travel so far to train & play that's great stuff.

Reckon I'll try & watch some more VFL games next year

The lad also has the footy smarts of Michael Long. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:25 pm

Smile
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:35 pm

I just saw Kayle talking on the CFC site. When asked what he hoped to do next year, he confidently replied something like "playing in round one and kicking a few goals". I love this kid already. With so many well spoken private school boys, its so refreshing to have a rough diamond who is so down to earth and not full of cliches. Get this kid fit and I reckon he'll be a bloody ripper. I suspect he'll be a lot of Nicksters' favourite player before long. He's already mine. Cool
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:49 pm

^

Down the pub with the family during the draft, they were all on the pokies.

I like the kid. Laughing

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:19 pm

applauded for his opening line.

classic Laughing

mgh3536 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:12 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I just saw Kayle talking on the CFC site. When asked what he hoped to do next year, he confidently replied something like "playing in round one and kicking a few goals". I love this kid already. With so many well spoken private school boys, its so refreshing to have a rough diamond who is so down to earth and not full of cliches. Get this kid fit and I reckon he'll be a bloody ripper. I suspect he'll be a lot of Nicksters' favourite player before long. He's already mine. Cool

yep rudeboy I am onboard, finally a rough diamond, down to earth
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:20 pm

Love that he woke up this morning and thought - you know what, I'm gunna rock up in me thongs.

He reminds me of Sam Thaiday.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2016-11-28/photos-our-draftees-first-day
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: