Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#17 Callum Brown

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Neither of these apples fall far from the tree.

Daicos has the skills, Brown has the fervent desire.

I want em both.

Yep the dna is strong there. Geez if they can be 75% as good as there fathers then we've found 2 winners.
If I remember rightly they both spent some time in the preseason with the senior group and apparently equipped themselves well in the levels of effort, work rate and basic skills fell off a bit in endurance but that will come with hard work. Neither are going to be brute size but we have that covered skill and desire will do us nicely

All I can say is that I hope both their fathers married well, from a sports pedigree point of view.

I also want Swanny put out to stud quickly, now, too.

I loved an exchange I read from Swanny.

q when are you going to get married and have children?
A When I get back from touring around India
Q when are you going to India?
A I'm not

Razz

Do American strippers count as having a sports pedigree? Maybe we could invest in DNA testing

Umm I've read somewhere I think that some of those American strippers you speak of are quite athletic might be worth investing in some home testify dna kits.
Maybe we could ask Dyso more about there athletic abilities

I'm willing to volunteer to check out some of these US strippers, solely for the purpose of assisting Collingwood's future.

Rude your commitment to the cause is unheralded but we have imposed enough on your kindness it's time I stood up and took one or more for the team there fore I'll be sacrificing my offseason plans of gardening and making the wife happy to visit as many of these strip joints deemed necessary to form a overall view
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:42 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Neither of these apples fall far from the tree.

Daicos has the skills, Brown has the fervent desire.

I want em both.

Yep the dna is strong there. Geez if they can be 75% as good as there fathers then we've found 2 winners.
If I remember rightly they both spent some time in the preseason with the senior group and apparently equipped themselves well in the levels of effort, work rate and basic skills fell off a bit in endurance but that will come with hard work. Neither are going to be brute size but we have that covered skill and desire will do us nicely

All I can say is that I hope both their fathers married well, from a sports pedigree point of view.

I also want Swanny put out to stud quickly, now, too.

I loved an exchange I read from Swanny.

q when are you going to get married and have children?
A When I get back from touring around India
Q when are you going to India?
A I'm not

Razz

Do American strippers count as having a sports pedigree? Maybe we could invest in DNA testing

Umm I've read somewhere I think that some of those American strippers you speak of are quite athletic might be worth investing in some home testify dna kits.
Maybe we could ask Dyso more about there athletic abilities

I'm willing to volunteer to check out some of these US strippers, solely for the purpose of assisting Collingwood's future.

Rude your commitment to the cause is unheralded but we have imposed enough on your kindness it's time I stood up and took one or more for the team there fore I'll be sacrificing my offseason plans of gardening and making the wife happy to visit as many of these strip joints deemed necessary to form a overall view

I sense an end of season trip being hastily organised

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:14 pm

Omigod!
You blokes haven't seen many American Strippers, have you? It's not like "Law & Order"

Frankly, if we somehow managed to grow a brain & get a coach worth a pinch of nanny goat shite, it's not all that easy to see where Brown & Daics would fit in. They'd certainly need to show something in the Magoos. We have unearthed a pile of talent in a bloody awful season. Marsh & Maynard have been excellent this year, Maynard in particular is going to be a gun. Roop Wills has started incredibly well after just 4 games, and Josh Smith is getting ridiculous numbers in his first year. He has areas which need improvement, as they all do, but given they don't have 100 games between them it's incredibly exciting.
Of the imports, Treloar is in a 2 horse race for recruit of the year with Danger, and will likely win the Copeland in his first year at Collingwood, which I don't think has been done, certainly not this century. Aish has turned his season around in the last half dozen, becoming the star we knew he would be. And Howe, who I was least hopeful about, has taken over as the leader of the back six, and looks like he's been doing it all his life, as well as taking Mark of the week most rounds. Even the most maligned magpies in history, Blair & White, have had their best seasons in a long time, White really coming good in the last few, and Brodie & Darcy, have leaped to the very top of their respective positions since the bye, and even DeGoey, who has had an awful case of second year blues, lifted his game hugely against the Goldy.

The guys with the fewest games like Phillips & Crocker will be the ones in the sights of new kids, but both have been terrific at times, and I am quite certain Crocker will be a big name Forward in a year or so.

Of course the likelihood is that Eddie will keep his mate in the coaches box, thus destroying anothearer, but nsuing the new kids will get games as half the guys above will be injured by round 3, and there'll be a couple gone for the season as we stagger to 2-10 at the bye, whoopee! Good times ahead!!!

I'm SO sick of saying "I told you so". It gives me not one scintilla of pleasure, I'd WAY rather say "Oh geez! I look a bit silly now that we're 10-2 at the bye!!" But it ain't gonna happen.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:15 pm
Post subject: Welcome to Collingwood / Farewell #17 Callum BrownReply with quote

Welcome to the Pies, son of Gavin.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:16 pm

Welcome to the club, Browny! Great to continue the tradition Smile

Quote:
Selection No. 35 – Callum Brown

Position: Midfielder/ forward
Height: 177cm
Weight: 72.2kg
Born: 27/4/1998
Recruited from: Eastern U18

Brown is the son of Collingwood 1990 premiership star and former captain Gavin. His improvement has been steady but significant across 2016. Brown played for the Eastern Ranges last year and did some exciting things, including a three-goal haul in the Preliminary Final of the TAC Cup. He's taken his talents into the midfield this season, and become a regular ball-winner. Brown isn't overly quick but moves well and rarely gets caught. He averaged 18 disposals in four games for Vic Metro at the national championships and was named an All Australian.

Plays like

It's not a bad time to be a short midfielder, and Brown is a little like Lachie Neale in the way he plays and his strengths.

What they say

"He’s as clean below his knees as I’ve seen – he’s very much Caleb Daniel like as well in terms of how he doesn’t waste his possessions. He’s probably a 15 to 30 metre player in terms of his kicking at this stage, but as he continues to develop that power in his legs, which he’s got – his vertical is very good, his speed is getting better, he is just going to keep growing into his body – and the one thing he is, he is just super competitive, super determined, very driven and just a beautiful, natural footballer,"Len Villani (Eastern Rangers talent manager), Inside Football, November 2016.

"Such has been his TAC Cup form this year, Eastern Rangers talent manager Len Villani said the 18-year-old had roared in his estimations from being a potential rookie or late draft pick 12 months ago to a late first-round or early second-round pick. Villani said the best of Brown, who has based his game on Port Adelaide’s Robbie Gray and Fremantle’s Lachie Neale, was yet to come."Toby Prime, Manningham Leader, 22 August 2016.

"Callum and Josh Daicos spent a week with us during the pre-season and it great to have them down. They are fantastic young men. They really thrived in the environment here. Just having them around was first class and both them threw themselves into it flat out. Nothing was too hard. Even when they fell short, they dusted themselves off,"Nathan Buckley, 5 April 2016.

"Callum was running around at Marcellin last year but was really small and then he did some special things and has grown up sideways and a little vertically. He has always been great with his hands and with his vision and composure and now he can win his own footy and doesn’t get brushed aside," Anton Grabic (Vic Metro coach), Herald Sun, 15 June 2016.

“He’s a brilliant midfielder. He continues to improve, whether it’s his fitness or his size and he wins a lot of the ball. He’s always in and under the packs and he competes all day for four quarters,”Josh Daicos (contemporary and son of Peter Daicos), Herald Sun, 7 October 2016.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2016-11-25/welcome-pick-no-35-callum-brown

Derek Hine on Callum Brown:
Quote:
"I was hoping one (a bid) wasn't going to come, but I was expecting one. I thought North might have been the problem, but it didn't really matter in the end. He's a consistent performer and we knew what we were getting when we took him."

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vyl-zknDIg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=782_rUwuC9g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XJ1KlWWmgg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqCLwaQuTOQ

Articles:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/localfooty/callum-brown-son-of-collingwood-champion-gavin-sets-sights-on-being-recruited-in-afl-draft/news-story/edccd69ef378a1714d9069bfbe76e710

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2016-06-14/callum-brown-update-2016

Last edited by Jezza on Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:13 am; edited 5 times in total
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:16 pm

You little Rowdy, I mean ripper. Stoked to have him at Pieland.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:18 pm

Welcome to #26 lad; your birthright.
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:18 pm

Footage of Son Of Rowdy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vyl-zknDIg

This is sensational. Half of the spirit and attack of his old man, and Callum will be very handy.

Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:19 pm

dp
matrix10 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:20 pm

bloody ripper!
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:21 pm

Fatui Attata wrote:
dp
I think v7Vyl-zknDIg This is a lot of things.
Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:31 pm

Rowdy Jr
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:33 pm

Boisterous?
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:36 pm

Welcome rowdy.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:43 pm

Had to take him and we did. So big tick! Welcome home, Browny.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 2 of 20   

Jump to: