Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies post $2.6m net loss despite operating profit

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:44 am
Post subject: Pies post $2.6m net loss despite operating profitReply with quote

Quote:
COLLINGWOOD has declared an overall net loss of over $2.6million despite posting an operating profit for the 16th year in a row.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-23/pies-post-operating-profit-for-16th-year-in-a-row

Quote:
The Pies also had to contribute $1,405,904 to the AFL's equalisation pool.

Would like to know where that money is given/spent.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:04 am
Post subject: Re: Pies post $2.6m net loss despite operating profitReply with quote

Presti35 wrote:
Quote:
COLLINGWOOD has declared an overall net loss of over $2.6million despite posting an operating profit for the 16th year in a row.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-23/pies-post-operating-profit-for-16th-year-in-a-row

Quote:

Would like to know how the AFL's equalisation contribution is built, specifically how much of that is footy department tax.

Also be interesting to see how many of these disgruntled posters on Nicks and other such forums attend the AGM in February demanding a spill of the board and executive positions because the club is doing such a terrible job.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:30 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Setting up a womens AFL side plus a netball side would account for some expenditure
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:03 am
Post subject: Re: Pies post $2.6m net loss despite operating profitReply with quote

jackcass wrote:

Also be interesting to see how many of these disgruntled posters on Nicks and other such forums attend the AGM in February demanding a spill of the board and executive positions because the club is doing such a terrible job.

I attend most of the AGMs. I have no interest in seeing a spill of the board as I believe them to be a very talented group and the strengths of the individual board members are a real asset to this club.

Before you call for a change of the guard you need to have a better alternative. Good luck with that.

As for the recording of the loss, it is normal business practice to write off / depreciate assets over a period of time. Apart from some government contribution towards the Westpac centre, who do some think paid for all the renovations - The tooth fairy??

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:31 am

Member 7167 wrote:
jackcass wrote:

I attend most of the AGMs. I have no interest in seeing a spill of the board as I believe them to be a very talented group and the strengths of the individual board members are a real asset to this club.

Before you call for a change of the guard you need to have a better alternative. Good luck with that.

As for the recording of the loss, it is normal business practice to write off / depreciate assets over a period of time. Apart from some government contribution towards the Westpac centre, who do some think paid for all the renovations - The tooth fairy??

Just in case you missed it Member (I cant quite tell from your post), Jackcass was being sarcastic about "demanding a spill of the board and executive positions because the club is doing such a terrible job", because the exact opposite true, is happening and continues to happen at Collingwood. Not that the Collingwood/Buckley/Eddie/Pert bashers/haters here would ever consider such rampant logic in their expressions of hating Collingwood Rolling Eyes

mattys123 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:36 am

So without the glasshouse income we would have lost roughly $3.5 million (before the depreciation).

Wow, guess the football revenue was significantly down on 2015 even, which is no shock.
Tubewayarmy 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:26 pm

incorrect - Pies made a operating profit for the 16th year in a row, depreciation plus 30 mill for glass house and $1.5 mill tipped into the equalisation fund means there was a loss.

My question would be, can we get the figures from all clubs on how much they had to tip into the EF?

You can either be half Glasshouse full or half Glasshouse empty. Roll out the regular Pies bashers.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:53 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

I'll tell ya where its fkn gone, it's going to shit clubs like the Bullflogs to aid their shit stain of a club get a flag...

How much cash did they hand over, huh?

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:35 pm

Lazza wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Just in case you missed it Member (I cant quite tell from your post), Jackcass was being sarcastic about "demanding a spill of the board and executive positions because the club is doing such a terrible job", because the exact opposite true, is happening and continues to happen at Collingwood. Not that the Collingwood/Buckley/Eddie/Pert bashers/haters here would ever consider such rampant logic in their expressions of hating Collingwood Rolling Eyes

It was not aimed at Jackass - that is why I referred to "some" I thought I would get in before all the haters and destroyers.

The problem is that few realise the quality of our board and what they bring to the table.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:37 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
The problem is that few realise the quality of our board and what they bring to the table.

Sort of true. However I would add that the problem is that few WANT/WISH TO realise the quality of our board and what they bring to the table. It doesn’t fit in with their white anting and destroying (not so well hidden) agenda Idea Rolling Eyes

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:14 pm

Given our poor on field performance and missing finals....again.....to still have an operating profit is an excellent result imo.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:23 pm

why do we have to tip in 1.4 mill on a 1.5 mill operating profit ?
interesting what constitutes equalisation contribs and how they are calculated?

last year we had operating profit of 1.8 but netted 800k

no wonder we couldnt sack anyone in 2016
doubt we could afford walshy if this is heavily off field cap related

funny how we can depreciate 4million to the glass house - obviously not based on wear and tear Smile
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:41 pm

Just imagine how much money we could make if we had a side playing finals capable football.

Our lowest home crowd since what 99 this year wasn't it?

Money is fine but on field performance is what really matters.

As for the board I'd be more impressed if I thought they had the gumption to sack the coach without the President green lighting it first.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:44 pm

I can't imagine how much money we could make if we had a side playing finals capable football
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:10 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Just imagine how much money we could make if we had a side playing finals capable football.

Just imagine how much money we could make if we had a side without constant bloody injuries? Playing finals capable football will be a walk in the park Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: