Picking 3 youngsters to emerge in 2017

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:29 pm

Hoskin-Elliott - because he looks class, but could be boom or bust. If he delivers on potential, we've got a ready made footballer who all of a sudden makes our talent depth rival the top 4 teams

IF he does come on he could be a Ripper

Aish - because he is the saviour to soften the blow of picking Freeman and his ensuing issues, rather than P Cripps. Still burns me. Again, he needs to fire to give us that genuine midfield depth.

His 2nd Half of the Season showed he has Real Talent/Upside.

No Many Rated Cripps at the 2013 Draft and Lot saw that Blues Picked him way to early

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:50 am

Fatui Attata wrote:
Ok 35 forever. One question.

Why would Treloar and Adams choose to play for a Buckley coached side if he can't coach?

Answer that as factually as you can. After all, are you more in the know over Buckley's coaching ability than two fellas coached by him as juniors. You better be truthful now. We want your facts!

Here's a few for ya!

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2013-10-24/adams-when-i-met-bucks

not to mention....

"And also the relationship I have with Nathan Buckley. He coached me back in under 16s, he was just great, his professionalism … I can't wait to work with him again." Treloar on Buckley from ....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-21/adam-treloar-joins-magpies-from-gws/6874082

And if you think the name "Suckley" makes you look witty and intelligent, you're deluded.

Do a little bit of homework and stop spraying hot fat all over this site.

we should have a like button for posts like this.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:40 am

Fatui Attata wrote:

I would like to speak on behalf of those who enjoy 35Forever's posts.
Hey I enjoy all posts.

Why the snips think they can bully people around and get so offended when people question their judgement in supporting DeadDuckley is bewildering ?!?

Let's face it - every poll we have had here suggest half the readers don't want the coach to continue.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:49 am

"Let's face it - every poll we have had here suggest half the readers don't want the coach to continue".

Or as I like to view it;

Every poll here suggest 50% or more want Buckley to continue as coach.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:30 am

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
"Let's face it - every poll we have had here suggest half the readers don't want the coach to continue".

Or as I like to view it;

Every poll here suggest 50% or more want Buckley to continue as coach.

And I love the way that these polls with a handful of voters are considered reflective of the hundreds of thousands of Collingwood supporters who didn't even take the time to cast a vote when they affirm the view of the squeaky wheels. Hell, not even all the registered users of Nicks take the time to vote. Clearly, it's an issue that consumes the masses Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:34 am

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Fatui Attata wrote:

Hey I enjoy all posts.

Why the snips think they can bully people around and get so offended when people question their judgement in supporting DeadDuckley is bewildering ?!?

Let's face it - every poll we have had here suggest half the readers don't want the coach to continue.

So providing a factually based counter argument to baseless rants is bullying... hmmm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:10 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Fatui Attata wrote:

Hey I enjoy all posts.

I would like to speak on behalf of those who have never finished reading one of 35Fs posts. My attention span only gets me through about 3 sentences, then I begin to lose interest. That's just me I guess. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:58 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Fatui Attata wrote:

Hey I enjoy all posts.

I would like to speak on behalf of those who have never finished reading one of 35Fs posts. My attention span only gets me through about 3 sentences, then I begin to lose interest. That's just me I guess. Rolling Eyes

I switch off when he refers to our coach as "Suckley".

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:08 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Fatui Attata wrote:

Hey I enjoy all posts.

3 sentences????
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Wow!! You deserve a medal RB... Very Happy

I last about half a sentence............ Cool Cool

Still better than some here I guess. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:49 pm

Fatui Attata wrote:

Why would Treloar and Adams choose to play for a Buckley coached side if he can't coach?

Answer that as factually as you can. After all, are you more in the know over Buckley's coaching ability than two fellas coached by him as juniors. You better be truthful now. We want your facts!

Here's a few for ya!

not to mention....

"And also the relationship I have with Nathan Buckley. He coached me back in under 16s, he was just great, his professionalism … I can't wait to work with him again." Treloar on Buckley from ....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-21/adam-treloar-joins-magpies-from-gws/6874082

And if you think the name "Suckley" makes you look witty and intelligent, you're deluded.

Unlike my detractors, I'm always happy to answer a question about the club & the game, but still you couldn't help yourself. Where and when did I claim to be "more in the know" about Suckleys coaching than Treloar & Adams? (btw...Witty & intelligent?! why would I want to prove that, and I agree, name calling would not achieve that result - Its got nothing to do with 'wit', everything to do with anger, sheer bloody anger at the betrayal by two guys I would've fought for with my last breath, indeed I have done, especially Ed who I've written tens of thousands of words in defence of ("and that was just one post!" har bloody har!)). The whole point is that you DON'T need any kind of insight to work out how far downhill we've careered in just a fw years. The numbers alone will tell you that. No other coach with his record has lasted 3 years in the last 30, and ONLY his name has kept him earning a million per year for ever-worsening results. If we were a corporation five straight years of negative growth would tank our share price and if we were still in existence the senior management would be long, long gone! Theres just NO getting around that!

Those of you with a memory know that I was bitterly opposed to the "suck-session", but once there was no chance of stopping it I was, and I urged everyone else to be, fully behind Bucks. Looking for things to praise him on, and we had a reasonable year, apart from the two Carlton debacles which bookended 10 straight wins. I was being very positive. It certainly wasn't the 2011 side, but it was to be expected that we'd struggle to ever be as good as that fantastic year - 3 wins from being completely perfect, even the 1920's "Machine Team' lost games. 2013 was different as it became obvious that there were divisions within the side. We were all over the shop, brilliant one week, the North Altona under 14 girls team the next. In fact it wasn't until the end of that season, when Buckley sat there & blamed everyone but himself for our limp-wrested exit from the season, that I realised this was NOT going to work. Then he started gettiing of great players, including my favourite. You can go on all you want about "chasing the money", but they were used as scapegoats, and it was clear for a long time that Buckley wanted rid of Daisy, then Heater. Whatever you think about their departure it’s a well known fact that these two guys were the heart & soul of the club, as well a champion players (Leigh Matthews having called Daisy "arguably the best player in the game"). I wonder how Buckley felt this year when Heater & Daisy were the 2 highest scoring Supercoach players in round (9?10?).
Even then after calling for a new coach in the off season, I stayed behind Buckley for the 2014 season, though the second half was an absolute nightmare. People here were blaming players and injuries, and still are, but that simply doesn't explain some of the outstanding games we played, and how we played some of our best games with half a dozen kids who were filling in for injured stars. 2015 was almost identical, more dumping of Premiership players, and being 4th at the bye only to finish outside the 8.

This year, apart from some absolutely stirring wins, we were bloody awful. How often was a player getting hammered by his opponent only to be left there for the duration?! I have no doubt that Slobbo's curse screwed our start, after three incredible NAB games which the commentators all said were NOT like NAB games, we collapsed in a heap, losing one of the all time greats forever in the opening minutes.
A coach who understood the mental side of the game, which just becomes more important every year, would have done everything to get the players heads back to match fitness rather than just their bodies, but that's all Buckley knows, work harder. From Round 1 I believe without doubt that a coach who understands how the game really works these days could've got us back into the season. As it was we turned up occasionally but mostly we didn't.

Its ONLY the fact that we are talking sport & not the markets that leaves any room at all to support Buckley continuing. But I promise you, if you were shareholders rather than members & fans, you would ALL have voted out the abysmal head of Sales & Marketing, as well as the CEO and his team for not getting rid of them once the problem was obvious.
But if were being honest we all know that the corporation we love so much would've been swallowed up or gone into receivership three years ago.

And the idea that a player praising the coach in public is a real measure of his ability is a pretty poor argument! By that logic Obama thinks Trump will be a great President! When did you last see a player front the press & say that the (current) coach was pretty crap. Are we to then believe that all coaches are always great? Are you seeing the logical flaw yet?

Any dispassionate observer would predict that 2017 will see us finish 14th or 15th. Finishing 12th this year was an artificial number caused by Essendon's punishment & Freo's tanking (or whatever that was!). 13th would have been a more standard placing with 9 wins and an awful percentage, and since the 18 team competition that’s exactly what it would get you.
Most people here don't have the 20-20 to see that the 2017 draw fu*ks us yet again. The idea that the side who finished 12th plays the Premier & runner up in week 1 & 3 is insane, and I doubt its happened before, and viewed in the light of the belief that the bulk of the 8 is decided by Round 6,
for the last several years Ive used a simple formula to see who got the best draw & who got screwed as the commentators are pathetic when it comes to determining this. Hell, its so simple a Buckley fan could work it out, so if you're a list geek try this:

Give each side a score commensurate to how far from the bottom they finished, or what draft pick they'd get IE: 18 points for Footscray, 1 point for Essendon.
Then: go through the draw & allot those points to the team they're playing; so the side playing Footscray gets 18, the side playing StKilda gets 10, the side playing us gets 7 and so forth.

Do this for the 6 rounds & add the totals. Highest score gets bent over the desk & dry fist-fu**ed. Simples!

(The first year I was far more scientific, also looking at which sides a particular team beat the previous year, where the game was played, how big an advantage that was, etc etc, however doing this gave me the identical result twice over so I simplified)

For some reason I think we'll finish 7th or 8th in 2017, though theres no valid reason for doing so. Of course that would be a nightmare result as it would give Buckley another 3 years. I wish I could want us to lose, but I don't have it in me. The reason it’s a nightmare is because for 5 years we've had a side capable of beating everyone. That will never happen under Buckley. Wish it would.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:14 am

Imagine if all the players who look like taking the next step actually did?! Of course we still have by far the worst coach in the game, and try as I might I can't remember a premiership side with a dud coach.

Alan Joyce?

yup - took a side from 5th place and accidentally won 2 flags

if only your dear Buckley could avoid an injury or two, create a culture or three, pick a best side once in a while, and bring this beloved club to being close to a premiership - wow we'd be thrilled.

in the meantime we are absorbing his million dollar salary for 6 years now

<Snip - Removed. And carded. - the bbmods team>

Sorry that is 7 years isn't it - he did start as the highest paid assistant coach in history so he wouldn't go to North - all for the love of the Pies hey !

Last edited by CarringbushCigar on Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sensible Jay 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:22 am

1. Rupert Wills: the guy is a tackling machine! I reckon he can only get better.
2. Brayden Maynard: has been on the cusp of emerging last year. All class!
3. Brayden Sier: this guy was a surprise selection by us last year. Derek Hine rates him highly. Apparently he's a jet! Was only 17, unless I am mistaken. Time is on his side.

Honourable mentions: Matt Scharenburg, Lynden Dunn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:56 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Imagine if all the players who look like taking the next step actually did?! Of course we still have by far the worst coach in the game, and try as I might I can't remember a premiership side with a dud coach.

Alan Joyce?

yup - took a side from 5th place and accidentally won 2 flags

Are we thinking about the same bloke?

Scored two premierships with great teams riding on the coat tails of Yabbie Jeans, when he had to do the hard work at Footscray, he couldn't.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:43 pm

Fatui Attata wrote:

Here's a few for ya!

not to mention....

Unlike my detractors, I'm always happy to answer a question about the club & the game, but still you couldn't help yourself. Where and when did I claim to be "more in the know" about Suckleys coaching than Treloar & Adams? (btw...Witty & intelligent?! why would I want to prove that, and I agree, name calling would not achieve that result - Its got nothing to do with 'wit', everything to do with anger, sheer bloody anger at the betrayal by two guys I would've fought for with my last breath, indeed I have done, especially Ed who I've written tens of thousands of words in defence of ("and that was just one post!" har bloody har!)). The whole point is that you DON'T need any kind of insight to work out how far downhill we've careered in just a fw years. The numbers alone will tell you that. No other coach with his record has lasted 3 years in the last 30, and ONLY his name has kept him earning a million per year for ever-worsening results. If we were a corporation five straight years of negative growth would tank our share price and if we were still in existence the senior management would be long, long gone! Theres just NO getting around that!

Those of you with a memory know that I was bitterly opposed to the "suck-session", but once there was no chance of stopping it I was, and I urged everyone else to be, fully behind Bucks. Looking for things to praise him on, and we had a reasonable year, apart from the two Carlton debacles which bookended 10 straight wins. I was being very positive. It certainly wasn't the 2011 side, but it was to be expected that we'd struggle to ever be as good as that fantastic year - 3 wins from being completely perfect, even the 1920's "Machine Team' lost games. 2013 was different as it became obvious that there were divisions within the side. We were all over the shop, brilliant one week, the North Altona under 14 girls team the next. In fact it wasn't until the end of that season, when Buckley sat there & blamed everyone but himself for our limp-wrested exit from the season, that I realised this was NOT going to work. Then he started gettiing of great players, including my favourite. You can go on all you want about "chasing the money", but they were used as scapegoats, and it was clear for a long time that Buckley wanted rid of Daisy, then Heater. Whatever you think about their departure it’s a well known fact that these two guys were the heart & soul of the club, as well a champion players (Leigh Matthews having called Daisy "arguably the best player in the game"). I wonder how Buckley felt this year when Heater & Daisy were the 2 highest scoring Supercoach players in round (9?10?).
Even then after calling for a new coach in the off season, I stayed behind Buckley for the 2014 season, though the second half was an absolute nightmare. People here were blaming players and injuries, and still are, but that simply doesn't explain some of the outstanding games we played, and how we played some of our best games with half a dozen kids who were filling in for injured stars. 2015 was almost identical, more dumping of Premiership players, and being 4th at the bye only to finish outside the 8.

This year, apart from some absolutely stirring wins, we were bloody awful. How often was a player getting hammered by his opponent only to be left there for the duration?! I have no doubt that Slobbo's curse screwed our start, after three incredible NAB games which the commentators all said were NOT like NAB games, we collapsed in a heap, losing one of the all time greats forever in the opening minutes.
A coach who understood the mental side of the game, which just becomes more important every year, would have done everything to get the players heads back to match fitness rather than just their bodies, but that's all Buckley knows, work harder. From Round 1 I believe without doubt that a coach who understands how the game really works these days could've got us back into the season. As it was we turned up occasionally but mostly we didn't.

Its ONLY the fact that we are talking sport & not the markets that leaves any room at all to support Buckley continuing. But I promise you, if you were shareholders rather than members & fans, you would ALL have voted out the abysmal head of Sales & Marketing, as well as the CEO and his team for not getting rid of them once the problem was obvious.
But if were being honest we all know that the corporation we love so much would've been swallowed up or gone into receivership three years ago.

And the idea that a player praising the coach in public is a real measure of his ability is a pretty poor argument! By that logic Obama thinks Trump will be a great President! When did you last see a player front the press & say that the (current) coach was pretty crap. Are we to then believe that all coaches are always great? Are you seeing the logical flaw yet?

Any dispassionate observer would predict that 2017 will see us finish 14th or 15th. Finishing 12th this year was an artificial number caused by Essendon's punishment & Freo's tanking (or whatever that was!). 13th would have been a more standard placing with 9 wins and an awful percentage, and since the 18 team competition that’s exactly what it would get you.
Most people here don't have the 20-20 to see that the 2017 draw fu*ks us yet again. The idea that the side who finished 12th plays the Premier & runner up in week 1 & 3 is insane, and I doubt its happened before, and viewed in the light of the belief that the bulk of the 8 is decided by Round 6,
for the last several years Ive used a simple formula to see who got the best draw & who got screwed as the commentators are pathetic when it comes to determining this. Hell, its so simple a Buckley fan could work it out, so if you're a list geek try this:

Give each side a score commensurate to how far from the bottom they finished, or what draft pick they'd get IE: 18 points for Footscray, 1 point for Essendon.
Then: go through the draw & allot those points to the team they're playing; so the side playing Footscray gets 18, the side playing StKilda gets 10, the side playing us gets 7 and so forth.

Do this for the 6 rounds & add the totals. Highest score gets bent over the desk & dry fist-fu**ed. Simples!

(The first year I was far more scientific, also looking at which sides a particular team beat the previous year, where the game was played, how big an advantage that was, etc etc, however doing this gave me the identical result twice over so I simplified)

For some reason I think we'll finish 7th or 8th in 2017, though theres no valid reason for doing so. Of course that would be a nightmare result as it would give Buckley another 3 years. I wish I could want us to lose, but I don't have it in me. The reason it’s a nightmare is because for 5 years we've had a side capable of beating everyone. That will never happen under Buckley. Wish it would.

14th or 15th in 2017, with the great young list we have ???? WTF, 7th or 8th is a tad better, but really ol son, I'm a Pies veteran like you are, fire up mate for chrissakes, give us a decent run with injuries, and I reckon top 6 is way not beyond us, oh an by the way, Bucks has already said its Finals or he moves on, he said it himself, so give him some credit please. Confused

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:46 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Fatui Attata wrote:

Hey I enjoy all posts.

3 sentences????
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Wow!! You deserve a medal RB... Very Happy

I last about half a sentence............ Cool Cool

Still better than some here I guess. Twisted Evil

I see em out, but then again, I was a Public Servant for six years, reading endless long repetitive analysis, so I'm used too it I guess. Razz Wink

Page 5 of 6