Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

west ham

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoggy Pisces

Bristle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 7:26 am
Post subject: west hamReply with quote

anyone in london, can we (whu) win the premiership, this is a serious question

Only 6 months to go till next year
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 7:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

hoggy, I live in melbourne, but I don't think anyone can beat manchester united for the premiership. don't read too much into their supposed in-fighting and recent form. they are still a world class side. just look at their new signings - veron, blanc, van nistelrooy, they have an embarrassment of talent. the major challenges will come from chelsea, liverpool, leeds and arsenal (in that order), but I don't think any of them can win it.

the best that west ham can hope for is a mid table finish and a good FA cup run. the best that my team - sunderland - can hope for is a top 6 finish and europe next season, and maybe some minor inroads in the cup competitions.

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 4:59 pm

I would say no hope in hades, and are a chance to go down too boot. Then again, what would I know, I follow Millwall!

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 8:07 pm

Hoggy,
The Irons are my nearest Premiership club, all my mates support them as does my brother & I used to go down there a bit so hopefully that qualifies me to answer your question.Unless some super rich tycoon such as Bill Gates etc, buys the club & makes large amounts of money available for transfers then WH have no chance of winning the Championship, they've never won it in their history (the closest was 3rd place in 85/86).In fact they're one of the favourites for relegation due to the fact that they struggled last season, they've sold a number of good players, they've not recruited very well & they've got an unproven manager.It's not all gloom & doom though they've just resigned Don Hutchinson, they're on the verge of signing czech central defender Tomas Repka (who isa class act) & they've got a young gun called Jerome Defoe who's going to be a star.

Junkboy,
as much as I respect your knowledge of English football I think you're mistaken if you believe that Chelsea, Leeds & Liverpool will finish above Arsenal-we'll most likely finsih 2nd again behind Man U, & I'd back Chelsea to finish last out of this group.

I do not & have never loved Liverpool FC
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 6:33 am

west ham are OK. they may not have won the title before, but they've won a european trophy and are one of few teams to have never been in the 2nd (or in the old days, 3rd) divison. but, I agree that they're probably one of the candidates for relegation, although on current form, they have some competition from leceister, southhampton and the smog monsters, boro (good riddance).

don hutch was excellent for sunderland, and should again be a good player for the hammers.

arsenal may finish second, or they may not. I just get the sense that chelsea will be the dark horse because they have recruited well, esp. the signing of Petit, and their squad is still very talented. ranieri is also quite a good coach.

however, it's sad to say cos I hate the bastards, but no team will go even close to man utd.

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: