Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Asylum seeker injures 27 people in Springvale

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:33 pm
Post subject: Asylum seeker injures 27 people in SpringvaleReply with quote

Boat person, Asylum seeker, Muslim, this guy has the trifecta.

Sad case, guy set fire to himself in a bank in Springvale, injuring 27 innocent people

Appears he was on a bridging visa, been here a few years, one report says he had been invited to apply for a temprary protection visa but hadn't done it.

Maybe his welfare was cut off because he didn't apply for a TPV, maybe centrelink just stuffed up ( wouldn't be the first time) but regardless, fairly drastic action for missing a welfare payment. Lots of innocent people injured, some badly.

There'll be some lessons in this, I'm sure they will range drastically according to personal beliefs.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/springvale-commonwealth-bank-fire-asylum-seeker-suspect-yet-to-be-interviewed-20161118-gssxp1.html

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/suspect-in-commonwealth-bank-branch-horror-an-asylum-seeker/news-story/b17a46d7827fa45808993c437ae1339b

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-19/investigation-continues-into-melbourne-bank-fire/8039576

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Burns are just the worst Crying or Very sad

Even now all I have to do is read something talking about burns and the smell of burnt human flesh is as fresh and real as it was in my ICU days.

They have a long and painful road to recovery ahead of them and that's just the physical let alone the psychological - we need to ensure they have everything they need to do so.

Its a strange sort of irony that an asylum seeker committed this horrific crime and an asylum seeker was the hero when the poor bus driver in QLD was set alight by a white Aussie and died.

i have no sympathy for either perpetrator Evil or Very Mad

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:27 pm

"White person commits awful hit and run".

Rinse and repeat at about 15 minute intervals, forever.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:19 am

Don't give him any pain relief. Yes really. No sympathy. No excuse.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:42 am

Not to diminish the awfulness of the event or sympathy for the victims hope they can all emerge from this without significant long-term complications but one's heart sinks even further to learn that he is an asylum seeker, and a Muslim to boot. The knives will be out.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:01 am

He was a selfish prick. The rest doesn't matter

Can't imagine the unbearable pain of his victims

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:51 am

The thing I find sad about this case is this person was said to have mental problems and this has been stated by his friends/house mates and religious leaders of his group. He went to various banks begging for money and was observed with having mental issues yet no one reported this to anyone.

Dropping refugees from the 3rd world into Western society with no support is a recipe for disaster.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:58 pm

Culprit wrote:
The thing I find sad about this case is this person was said to have mental problems and this has been stated by his friends/house mates and religious leaders of his group. He went to various banks begging for money and was observed with having mental issues yet no one reported this to anyone.

Dropping refugees from the 3rd world into Western society with no support is a recipe for disaster.

particularly when they're alone with poor English and education

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:34 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Culprit wrote:

The conditions for some of them are simply awful.

There was a period when in the ED we were getting quite a few refugees / asylum seekers & some from Iran who had heard through the detention centre grapevine that self harm can assist in getting ahead in an applications to live in Australia

I would rarely admit because that would be simply rewarding manipulative behaviour with secondary gains (of course that would be dependent on the person being assessed as not suicidal although I would ensure links back to see a crisis team the next day etc..

This involves obtaining collateral history by getting relevant phone numbers of say case workers, GP's etc to get other aspects to the story. At times this would require interpreters on site (the hospital prefers after hours to use phone interpreters which I won't do when assessing suicidality) .

I must say it's been a while since I've seen an asylum seeker / refugee for an Assessment

On another aspect: what a hero that New Zealand bloke father of 7 is. Magnificent.

(edited to the English language) Embarassed Wink

Last edited by watt price tully on Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:50 pm

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Culprit wrote:

The conditions for some of them are simply awful.

There was a period when in the ED we were getting quite a few refugees / asylum seekers & some from Iran who had heard through the detention centre grapevine that self harm can assist in getting ahead in an applications to live in Australia

I would rarely admit because that would be simply rewarding manipulative behaviour with secondary gains (of course that would be dependent on the person being assessed as not suicidal although I would ensure links back to see a crisis team the next day etc..

This involves obtaining collateral history by getting relevant phone numbers of say case workers, GP's etc to get other aspects to the story. At times this would require interpreters on site (the hospital prefers after hours to use phone interpreters which I won't do when assessing suicidality) .

I must say it's been a while since I've seen an asylum seeker / refugee for an Assessment

On another aspect: what a hero that New Zealand bloke father of 7 is. Magnificent.

(edited to the English language) Embarassed Wink

What did the kiwi do? I googled it but couldn't find it.
But I found this amazing kid!
http://globalnews.ca/news/2925093/watch-6-year-old-girl-tries-to-fight-off-axe-wielding-attacker-in-alleged-robbery/

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:14 pm

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/springvale-commonwealth-bank-fire-from-the-horrific-to-the-heroic-man-enters-burning-bank-to-save-lives-20161118-gssw9i.html
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:59 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
"White person commits awful hit and run".

Rinse and repeat at about 15 minute intervals, forever.

So why import other country problems the we haven't fixed our own?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: