Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Great Consolidated 2016/17 Pre-season Thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Two sons of 1990 hero's and the Brown boy making
his presence felt at training apparently

Z

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:11 pm

If I was Greenwood or Blair I'd be planning my post footy career now.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:06 pm

I agree Rudey that they have moved from best 22 to being more on the fringe, but anyone in our top 30 players will get plenty of game time (and probably some below that) with the way even an average run with injuries will fall.

By some accounts Greenwood is tearing up the training track this pre-season. I was also a little surprised by his goal-scoring potency when I reviewed 2016.

As exciting as it is to read the herald Sun pumping up Brown as a possible round 1 starter I really think we need to make senior games harder to earn for our young kids and make them perform through the VFL over an extended period. This happened for the most part during the recent Geelong and Hawks successful periods and I think it is a sound model. If they are genuinely best 22 then fine, but there is something seriously wrong if a kid can walk in from TAC Cup and push out seasoned players based on form in round 1.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:54 pm

In Monday's training session in the match play exercise, De Goey has been pushed out of the half forward flank and was playing as a defensive inside mid against Treloar. So as well as Callum Brown, De Goey is now competing against Crisp and Greenwood for that position. It's difficult to see Crisp losing his spot because we need his bulk in the centre contests. So the player most under pressure there is Greenwood.

Mayne and WHE were playing in the forward line as well as Fasolo and Elliot. Elliot is first selected if fit and Mayne gets in because of his defensive pressure in the forward line. WHE is an out and out gun if he can get fit so gets a game in front of everybody. The way I see it is that the player most under pressure to retain his spot in the forward line is Blair.

So, if I was either Blair or Greenwood, I would be feeling a bit like MacCaffer was feeling this season. Unless we get injuries those two are the most likely to make way.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:30 am

Collingwood get a Xmas present says Herald Sun

They site Jamie Elliot ,the Faz and the Shaz all going well and Shaz and Jamie doing full training

Faz ,Ramma and Reid all be ready for pre season games

OK Lady Luck be a darling and give us this Xmas prezzie

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:37 pm

Ah well, it's good to see my boy is still doing everybodies heads in!
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:19 pm

HNY to you all. Have been largely absent these past few years but am getting excited about the prospect of an improved showing in 2017. I'm glad we have the premiers first-up.

Am keen to get back on the bike with a training report or two, but can't find when we recommence our training. Would be grateful for a heads-up around those details.

If Reid, Scharenberg, Ramsay are fit, our backline will be stronger. If Elliot and Faz are match fit, our scoring potential will be enhanced, and if our senior players show more leadership , then perhaps we can threaten the eight.

Lots of ifs and buts and maybes there, but I feel the sleeping giant might just be awakening.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:32 pm

Welcome back Lad, your wisdom and Magpie insights have been sadly missed.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:28 am

Welcome back, Lad. It's been too long! Smile
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:04 am

Thank you Mr Jezza and Mr Rude Boy. Six weeks and three days till the boys hit the track at Etihad to play Essendon. Looking forward to some track-watching time before then and to keep our legion of fans in the loop.
cityslick1 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:25 am

great to see the little yoda avatar re-appear...

I'm not in the country for summer this year, so will miss my beloved training sessions. V much looking forward to your imminent updates and observations Lad.. always a great read.

There'll be plenty to take in no doubt, with a maturing list and - hopefully - a lot less on the sidelines this year.

I'll be paying particular attention to comments re the recovering / returning / emerging brigade of Broomhead, Keefe, Thomas, Shazza, Elliott, Fasolo, Ramsay, Cox, Sinclair, Goldy, Langdon, Sier & Wills (a lot)... along with all new players and best 22 trialists - Dunn, WHE, Mayne, Wells, and dare I say Brown & McLarty...

Enjoy the sun & Go Pies!
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:34 pm

Pleased to see the Lad back
His training notes are vital for those of us outside of Victoria

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:36 pm

Haven't seen this posted yet, good positive article about JDG

Quote:
DON’T believe everything you read in February and March — and that goes for players as well as fans.

Collingwood midfielder Jordan De Goey was the buzz player of last year’s pre-season after starring in the Magpies’ surprise opening NAB Challenge win against Geelong.

“I started really well in that first NAB game but it all went downhill a bit from there,” De Goey says.

“It wasn’t confidence or anything like that. It was more about mindset and forgetting about what I’m good at. I went away from that a bit last year.

“I do something good and then I go missing for a bit, so that’s been a bit frustrating.”

De Goey, taken at pick 5 in the 2014 draft, is now preparing for his third AFL season with a more circumspect approach, and a determination to make up for a 2016 season he is happy to put in the rear-view mirror.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/collingwood/collingwood-midfielder-jordan-de-goey-says-his-2016-season-was-disappointing-and-frustrating/news-story/44fe3978396b70aad95f7d4aad14b02b

I like this bit.

Quote:
De Goey says he is working on his skills, the defensive side of his game and making an impact whether he is on the ball or up forward.

“I’m never going to be solely a midfielder so that’s the thing I need to work on.
“I need to have the ability to play both forward and in the midfield and I’ve got to know both roles really well.”

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:37 pm

Billy looking good.

Quote:
COLLINGWOOD goalsneak Jamie Elliott continued his positive progress towards the 2017 season after completing this morning’s two-hour session.

Elliott completed all running and training drills which put a smile on the face of the handful of Collingwood diehards who braved the heat at Gosch’s Paddock.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/collingwood/jamie-elliott-completes-collingwood-training-session-but-daniel-wells-restricted-to-running-drills/news-story/1332e8e3096876e9a2d37114822a6568

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:39 am

I can't wait to see Jamie back on the field.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: