Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

QPR

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DIPPER 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2001 4:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

They're still alive but the prognosis isn't great-although they did beat Chelsea in a pre season game the other day.

I do not & have never loved Liverpool FC
DIPPER 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2001 4:32 pm

Yeah the guy is a former QPR player who I think played under Gerry Francis when he was manager there the first time.He was previously manager of Bristol Rovers (where Francis had been manager himself, so I don't know if Gerry got him the job) & at the end of last season him & Gerry effectively swapped jobs with Gerry taking over again at Bristol Rovers & Ian Holloway going to QPR.It all seems very cosy & dare one say it a bit incestuous but you can't argue with 2 wins out of 2.

Anyway Greg how come the interest in QPR?

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 3:44 pm

Yeah that was a bit of a shocker he died of cancer towards the end of last season he was pretty young about 34 I think.
It's strange he was a really good player for Arsenal & played a few games for England but he got sold in 93 by George Graham & his career just nosedived, he couldn't get a regular place at any club & he ended up playing in Malaysia-he came throught the Arsenal youth system & I reckon his heart just wasn't in playing for anyone else.Apparently he was a really nice guy & it's doubly sad that both his life & his top flight career were ended prematurely.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: