Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

More states legalize Pot 8) when for Oz?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

When will it be legal here?
Within 2 years
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
2-5 years
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
6-10 years
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
11-20 years
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
It'll never happen
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 15

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Again good points well made.

History says using mind altering substances wasn't just the province of the wealthy but the everyman. Quality according to their station.

Most of them didn't have the luxury of the kind of society we have. The Zulus drinking their Millet beer, the Fijians doing Kava etc weren't exactly at the height of things.

We're all products of our experiences. David grew up right wing and changed. I grew up left wing and changed.

Am I talking shit? I've nearly finished the second bottle of cab shiraz.

If you've knocked off two bottle of cab Shiraz alone, I'd say that's exceptionally coherent under the circumstances !

I could still type but i lost my train of thought half way through. Embarassed Alcohol induced ADD. Wink

David wrote:
The only trouble is that they're not really analogous drugs – I don't know many people who would smoke weed before going out clubbing as opposed to relaxing at a house party. Meth is more in the category of cocaine and pills in that people take it to have unlimited reserves of energy, right? So I'm not sure legalising marijuana would necessarily have a huge impact on the methamphetamine market.

Not so much limitless energy but there's a reason they're called party Drugs.

Dope is a depressant, like Alcohol. Perfectly suited to kicking back and being mellow whether alone or with like minded friends.

Most of the others are stimulants. people going to a rave won't want dope or alcohol, the stimulant gets them off their nut and into the music (I use that term loosely btw)

Before log books and restricted driving hours truckies used to use amphetamines (yippee beans) to do long haul trips without breaks.

Skids logic does have some merit, but young people being young people (in every generation) will always be looking for a thrill, a kick, and being illegal adds to that rather than being a deterrent.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:38 am

stui magpie wrote:

Not so much limitless energy but there's a reason they're called party Drugs.

Dope is a depressant, like Alcohol. Perfectly suited to kicking back and being mellow whether alone or with like minded friends.

Most of the others are stimulants. people going to a rave won't want dope or alcohol, the stimulant gets them off their nut and into the music (I use that term loosely btw)

This is another, widely believed, myth about cannabis.

Different strains of the drug produce different effects....
The one, that I presume, leads most people to believe that stoners are just lazy layabouts, is Indica.

Indica strains are known for being physically sedating, perfect for relaxing with a movie or as a nightcap before bed.

Sativas typically provide more invigorating, uplifting cerebral effects that pair well with physical activity, social gatherings, and creative projects.

Hybrids tend to fall somewhere in between the indica-sativa spectrum, depending on the traits they inherit from their parent strains.

The Indica strains are preferred by growers/dealers as they grow better indoors and have a higher yield than the sativas.

Yet another reason why this drug should be legalized and controlled. Consumers would have the choice of the right strain for their desired purpose instead of getting whatever is available at the time.

I've had some really good sativa strains and partied all night long. The need/want for speed or meth effects disappears.

I highly recommend clicking on the link and reading some of the submitted comments if you want to really understand cannabis, and its users.

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/sativa-indica-and-hybrid-whats-the-difference-between-cannabis-ty

Last edited by Skids on Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:20 pm; edited 4 times in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:42 am

I think I know that one.
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:00 am

Finally... a party with a policy that is moving in the right direction!

Watch the Greens primary vote skyrocket (30% of adults use cannabis)

Greens leader Richard Di Natale said the "war on drugs has failed" and called for the establishment of an Australian Cannabis Agency that would be given a monopoly over the wholesale supply of the drug to shops, while collecting millions of dollars in a tobacco-style tax from consumers.

"Governments around the world are realising that prohibition of cannabis causes more harm than it prevents," the former GP who worked in drug and alcohol addiction said.

"It’s time Australia joined them and legalised cannabis for adult use."

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/greens-want-to-legalise-cannabis-for-all-adults-20180416-p4z9v4.html

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:06 pm

LDP has had this policy from the start. The Greens are just desperate for relevance and good press. The fact they want a government agency to run it all is a huge red flag.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:53 pm

The Greens's policies so far this year:

1. free money (universal basic income)
2. loans for everyone (people's bank)
3. legalised ganja

So basically we all sit around stoned whilst the govt. throws money at us.
What could possibly go wrong?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:54 pm

Won't happen unless it's a vote winner and it isn't. I do love the argument that using dope makes you go to stronger drugs. The same nuffies said Gay Marriage will make people be Gay. Making it legal wipes out the black market and sure we will have associated issues but we have them now as dope is very much available. We also have issues with alcohol and prescription drugs which are legal.
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:09 pm

The tax from this will be massive!

In 2017, Colorado, a state with just over 5 million people, collected $247,368,473.00 !!!

That's the TAX component, not to mention the employment the industry would create.

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/revenue/colorado-marijuana-tax-data

The crims of Australia are making Billions every year.

Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:43 pm

...but what about the mice

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/police-argentina-marijuana-mice-eat-half-ton-claim-fired-pilar-a8301151.html

ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:04 am

Skids, whilst I agree it should be legalised in some form how are they going to handle the work place issues. As a FIFO you understand the pee in the bottle stuff. You can't legalise percieved unsafe work practices. Just curious.
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:10 am

ronrat wrote:
Skids, whilst I agree it should be legalised in some form how are they going to handle the work place issues. As a FIFO you understand the pee in the bottle stuff. You can't legalise percieved unsafe work practices. Just curious.

When I was at my previous place of employment, they went to mouth swab testing. This shows impairment IE: recent (up to 12hrs) consumption.

Piss tests are easy to 'manage' once you're on-site. Working in hot climates, they want you to maintain hydration. If you only have a little bit (a few cones) on your first few days of R n R, exercise frequently and drink a litre of water every morning. You will test negative to a urine test.
I've passed many tests, sometimes within 3 days of smoking.

It's the pre-employment one that'll get ya. You almost have to be dehydratd for them to accept your sample.

Mouth swabs should be the tester here, it's totally unfair to penalise somebody for having a smoke two weeks before a test IMO.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:24 pm

Skids wrote:
The tax from this will be massive!

In 2017, Colorado, a state with just over 5 million people, collected $247,368,473.00 !!!

That's the TAX component, not to mention the employment the industry would create.

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/revenue/colorado-marijuana-tax-data

The crims of Australia are making Billions every year.

The Greens policy is flawed badly. It's populist, but has hanging threads everywhere.

You want to regulate, control and tax the sale, but you allow people to grow up to 6 plants at home for personal use? Doesn't work. Why the hell would you pay inflated prices when you can grow your own?

Tobacco is legal but the penalties for growing your own is worse than growing dope ( or making Ice for that matter) because it's a tax revenue thing.

2nd problem, and I've raised this before, the wowser brigade who hate smoking so much that they won't even allow e-cigarettes (cartomisers/vapourisersa) to be made legal will not allow this to happen. If "1 cigarette can do you harm" how the hell can they suddenly agree to legal dope? Just won't happen while these wowser freaks have so much say.

Remember the Alcopop tax? What happened was exactly what I predicted.
1. Young people started buying spirits and mixing their own which kills the control element
2. The government got more revenue and none of it went to health.

These clowns won't stop until we are in the world in demolition man, where everything that is harmful like salt, sugar, alcohol, tobacco etc is illegal and all that is left is the illicit drugs.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:17 pm

^ Your own post is contradictory. Are you in favour of regulation, or not?

Personally, I’m all for the legalisation of weed (under the conditions of regulation + limited home use; of course some people will choose to grow their own and some won’t – do you grow your own potatoes or buy them from Woolies?). It still makes black-market trafficking just as illegal as it is now but robs it of a great chunk of its clientele, ensuring that they’re going through legal, properly regulated and quality-checked sources. There’s no evidence that legalisation even increases use. Forget about tobacco: how does this particular policy not accord with your personal philosophy?

The war on drugs is over. Its credibility is stone dead. This policy is a cautious, tested alternative. I’m only surprised that it’s taken so long for the Greens to fully embrace it.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:37 pm

I don't grow my own potatoes but, if the government whacked them with tax that made them $30 a bag, I would.

Likewise if I could get Tobacco seeds i'd grow my own instead of paying $37 a packet. Twisted Evil

Sorry if the post came across contradictory, personally I'd be in favour of regulation, my point was supposed to be the wowser brigade won't let it happen .

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:17 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I don't grow my own potatoes but, if the government whacked them with tax that made them $30 a bag, I would.

Likewise if I could get Tobacco seeds i'd grow my own instead of paying $37 a packet. Twisted Evil

Sorry if the post came across contradictory, personally I'd be in favour of regulation, my point was supposed to be the wowser brigade won't let it happen .
. Thought u quit? Is that the cost of e-cigs!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 6 of 33   

Jump to: