Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

More states legalize Pot 8) when for Oz?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

When will it be legal here?
Within 2 years
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
2-5 years
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
6-10 years
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
11-20 years
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
It'll never happen
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 15

Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone here has tried it (ice)
I haven’t and I don’t think i will
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:17 pm

^

I haven't and no chance I will, I've seen what it does.

My son's now ex got him onto it, she reckoned she had ADHD and took ritalin as a kid, so it didn't do much to her except help focus. That didn't work well for her at all, apart from DHHS taking her son and giving him to his father (my son) she's apparently now needing Dialysis.

My son quit but it took a toll on his mental health for a while. Anxiety attacks, hair trigger temper and other things. He's organised now but it took a couple of years and he needs to have a preventative routine to manage if he starts to feel off and he can't drink caffeine anymore.

Cnut of a drug, no such thing as a social Ice user

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:08 pm

On Ice, this is a dead set frightening article. Quoted in full as most won't be able to get past the paywall, or not bother because of where it is. Must read.

Quote:
Australia is in the grip of a new ice age with more than half the nation’s “highest risk criminal targets” now involved with the drug ‘ice’.

Ice — the purest and most potent form of methamphetamine — is being produced on “an industrial scale”, with Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs specifically targeting the bush to the devastation of communities and generations of families.

And the unprecedented targeting of the nation for the meth drug is being largely directed from offshore by Asian and Mexican cartel figures.

The never-seen-before alliances have led to turf wars domestically between bikie gangs battling for distribution rights.

These are the lead findings of confidential intelligence compiled by the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission and largely based on Australian Federal Police investigations that confirm Australia’s dubious status as the world’s leading ice nation as it warns meth now poses the “greatest threat to the Australian public of all illicit drug types by a significant margin”.

From Albury-Wodonga, Mildura and Werribee in Victoria, up the highways through Wagga, Yass, Tamworth and Goulburn, on the NSW coast at Nowra, across to Canberra, up to Lismore on the NSW-Queensland border, to Kingaroy, Toowoomba and throughout regional Queensland, and across to South Australia’s Mt Gambier, Riverland and Barossa Valley regions — all have been cited as problem areas.

Authorities have found evidence of users as young as 12, with the drug being given away to get them hooked from the first hit, then offers to “franchise” distribution at street level.

One gram of crystal meth can be priced up to $1200, the highest price in the world.

“It is like a pyramid scheme where they are given the drug to try, the more they sell the more they get,” one law enforcement officer said of the regional spread.

According to the ACIC, 65 per cent of all designated high risk criminal targets nationally have shifted their enterprises into the ice trade, creating new alliances particularly with members of some of the 39 OMCGs operating in Australia, with criminal elements dispatched to key regional capitals to “franchise” distribution.

Australian Federal Police Deputy Commissioner Operations Neil Gaughan told True Crime Australia there had been a clear sea change in criminal enterprise.

“What we are seeing now is a total mishmash, basically ‘who can get the job done for me and I’m happy to broker that service’, he said of the criminal attitude.

“That is one of the reasons we are seeing, particularly in smaller locations like Canberra and Wagga Wagga, really vicious fighting between the bikie groups trying to establish primacy.

“If they are responsible for the distribution, they are responsible for the distribution regardless of where it is coming from, doesn’t matter if it’s coming from Middle East organised crime groups, Asia or South America they are going to be doing it.

“That’s a change I’ve seen, even criminal groups themselves now work across each other, five years ago you definitely would not see Asian organised crime groups working with others, now we are definitely seeing them work with the Mexican groups specifically, the South Americans more broadly but also working with Middle East groups.”

Mr Gaughan said “highly mobile” bikies were never too far from the distribution of the drug, which was ruining generations of families and was a focus of not just State and federal organised crime teams but also national anti-gang strike teams.

“I think there would be very few distributions particularly in regional NSW and regional Victoria that don’t touch OMCGs,” he said.

“In certain locations, notably the ACT, it is every drug out there has an OMCG touch. The impact it is having on communities, it’s not just drug use but the socio-impact from use, domestic violence, unemployment, impact on local hospitals, impact on doctors, impact on policing having to respond to property crime.

“So it’s not just the drugs, it’s that whole range of things I think we’re not able to accurately quantify and measure the impact off.”

Wagga Wagga police commander Superintendent Bob Noble is using every tactic available to fight back against OMCGs.
‘THEY DON”T REALISE IT FRIES THEIR BRAINS’

BOB Noble is not prone to pumping up his own tyres to brag about his successes.

But he should.

The cop is on the frontline war on ice in Wagga Wagga, a township that is four and a half hours drive from 40 per cent of Australia’s population and as such is literally at the cross roads for large-scale ice trafficking on the highways to capital cities.

And clearly some of the gear gets offloaded.

On average Wagga police make one arrest a day related to methamphetamine, but Noble and his officers, including the Region Enforcement Squad, are tackling the issue head on.

Almost four years to the day Strike Force Calyx, one of the largest ever mounted in NSW history, saw 61 people charged with ice supply, with 60 of those pleading guilty.

“It was a bit of an eye opener and not the most pleasant revelation and that was all ice, ice, ice, ice,” Noble said of the operation which made a huge dent in the Riverina drugs market.

Bikies are preying on regional towns across Australia and Wagga’s location makes it a key target. Picture: Gary Ramage
But from that 2015 operation the battle has continued.

“We are not silly enough to think that solved the problem, (a) lot of those people were taken out of circulation, some did sentences, others less serious sanctions imposed and no doubt some of those have stayed out of offending since and maybe got treatment,” he added.

“But it is easy to get, cheap to procure, for as little as 20 to 50 dollars a point (tenth of a gram) it can keep you going for three days and what we are up against is the mentality ‘what’s the drama?’

“That’s what we are up against whether it is the Calvary (drug and alcohol service), doctors, nurses, educators at the schools, cops, councillors, this is what we are up against ‘what’s the big deal?’ They don’t realise it fries their brains.”

Late last year, Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs, notably including the Rebels and Finks, allegedly sought to franchise distribution in the district.

“We experienced that in the past couple of years Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs deliberately trying to franchise Wagga, the Riverina and through having good intelligence nearly every time we have been on the front foot with that and, I have to say, thwarted that pretty much on every occasion.

“Doesn’t mean there are not still some bikies or some associates touring around selling big quantities but we have turned a lot of them away.

“The ones most active have been the Rebels and Mongols and another group, not bikies but ostensibly the same structure of Islander hoodlums out of Western Sydney coming in.

“But what we did see they were coming in and committing acts of fairly extreme violence on persons they viewed to be rivals to them, but we ultimately apprehended them all and placed them before the court on a range of serious charges and for the most part are incarcerated. That was late last year … We don’t wait, we don’t allow them to get a toe hold, we will use everything within our means appropriately, whether its council ordinance and regulation around the use of a building, enforcement of traffic laws, whether it’s firearms prohibition orders, or just high profile policing targeting them every time they move, consorting laws — we use everything.”

Brendan McCorry has worked with users as young as 12. Picture: Gary Ramage
Calvary Riverina Drug and Alcohol Services manager Brendan McCorry said alcohol and marijuana were the big problems in the region, but they had both been taken over by ice. His 500 assessments a year are almost all now related to meth.

He is staggered too by his clients, with the average age of the user in the mid-30s but some as young as 12 and others over 50 years. Equally concerning are the number of female patients, either mothers or pregnant.

“A majority self-refer, they realise they have run out of money, their relationships are gone, they cannot work anymore so they have come to a point where they can’t physically or mentally go on any more,” he said.

“Most of them report life had got out of control more quickly than they imagined. Most of them didn’t realise or think it was as addictive or hard to give up as it was and most people report that unlike when using ordinary amphetamines, people would binge and have couple of days off but now they were reporting daily use of the drugs.”

Rickilee is in rehab and determined to get her family back together. Picture: Gary Ramage
‘I WAS KNOCKING ON DEATH’S DOOR’

RICKILEE has put on 18kgs in the past few months and could not be happier.

While most other women would worry about the sudden weight gain, for the 36-year-old it is a sign she is making her way back from a very dark place.

It is also a sign her children will be coming home soon.

Rickilee said her lowest point was putting her children in foster care. Picture Gary Ramage
She was 47kgs, a mother of nine and an ice addict with a $200 a day habit when she was taken into the Wagga Wagga Calvary Riverina drug and alcohol program.

“I was knocking on death’s door,” the Nowra mother said with no sense of drama.

“Ice is a life destroyer, you have no feelings, I could have watched a close family member of mine hit by a bus and I wouldn’t have cared.

“That’s what it does to you. If I knew it was like that I wouldn’t … I have a saying, you live to use then you are using to live, that’s how it is, you can’t wait for the feel of it but then it becomes using to live, it’s got you.”

With the loss of sense and sensibilities and her drug habit cutting deep into her family weekly food shop and opportunities to borrow money from everyone she knew exhausted, Rickilee herself contacted Family and Community Services who came and took her young children away to put them into foster care.

Rickilee said dealers would practically give ice away to get more people hooked. Picture: Brendan Radke
“They say the hardest part of an addiction is admitting you have a problem but it’s not. Every addict knows they have a problem,” she said.

“My hardest part was when I actually put the children in the car, my youngest child then Soldier, my little boy was five, and he said ‘look after mummy’, they thought they were going on a holiday, and Koby, he is four, and he said, ‘I will be back at 7pm tomorrow night’. But they weren’t. It was hard for me because I knew damn straight they were not coming home.”

That was in January and Rickilee is now five weeks away from completing her rehabilitation and that means gradual access to her family. She has moved permanently to Wagga, has a job at a bakery, and people around who care about her.

Ice was her coping mechanism after the death of her parents, and she said it was so accessible in Nowra they were practically giving it away to get you hooked.

“I will get my family back together, that’s what has kept me going, I have to do this,” she said.

The Rebels have more members than other OMCGs.
POLICE INTELLIGENCE

— 65 per cent of Australia’s highest risk criminal targets (state and federal) are engaged in the methamphetamine (ice) market

— Some of those are OMCG leaders wanted on police warrants operating here and from bases abroad, notably Turkey, Thailand and United Arab Emirates

— According to the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC), Australia has 39 OMCGs considered as hard core “One Percenters”, including 4760 fully patched members, 957 prospects and 4585 associates. The Rebels account for about half the national total

— NSW has the largest membership base from 18 clubs

— The ACT is in the midst of a bikie turf war with almost 100 per cent of illegal narcotics in that Territory related to OMCGs

— OMCGs battling for distribution rights, networked directly with drug cartels in Mexico, southeast Asia and Middle East

— Mexican nationals now working on the ground in Australia to sort drugs shipments, notably into Sydney and Melbourne

— Authorities have noted “large numbers” of OMCG senior members going offshore for meetings with Mexicans, Eastern Europeans to “broker shipment arrangements” of drugs

The people who manufacture and distribute this shit are the equivalent of mass murderers and should be expunged from the human race

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/crimeinfocus/rival-criminal-gangs-bikies-join-forces-to-bring-on-ice-age-in-regional-australia/news-story/f8876715f134048759fe864d80e955c2

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:41 pm

I found this a fascinating fact.....

Reports Claim Bisexuals Smoke the Most Cannabis. Is There Any Truth to It?

Three times more than other communities, with 38% of bisexual women reporting using cannabis compared to just 20% of lesbians and 5% of straight women. Researchers who have studied the subject, from Canada to the United States and Australia, agree on the fact that bi-women smoke the most. But that’s about the only concrete conclusion researchers have been able to draw.

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/reports-claim-bisexuals-smoke-the-most-cannabis

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:53 pm

Woods Of Ypres wrote:
Just wondering if anyone here has tried it (ice)
I haven’t and I don’t think i will

The shit first hit the streets here around 2000.
I was in a partnership with 2 other blokes in a very profitable plumbing business. Had an income double what I'm on now. One of the partners was also involved in some other 'businesses' too. You know, the old 1% crew.

Anyway, I had always wanted to try Charlie and old mate said he could organize some.
We were having a few beers in the Daicos Bar with the wives one Friday after work and he pulls out this bag of, what I thought was charlie. Crushes it up and we snort a few racks. Wow wee, felt like a knitting needle was being shoved up your nose!

It wasn't until a few weeks later, when I asked him to get some more, that I found out what it actually was. Nobody was smoking it initially, snorting was the norm.

K 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:41 pm

Skids wrote:
I was in a partnership with 2 other blokes in a very profitable plumbing business. Had an income double what I'm on now. One of the partners was also involved in some other 'businesses' too. You know, the old 1% crew.

Why are you not in that plumbing partnership now? Did the other two decide to make the sideline business their main business?
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:32 pm

K wrote:
Skids wrote:

Why are you not in that plumbing partnership now? Did the other two decide to make the sideline business their main business?

Laughing It's a long story, and not really one for the VP tav..... I just got my sig rites back and dropped a yellow card. Have you ever been carded here? They are funking brutal! Wink

K 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:26 am

Can a psychedelic drug save the terminally ill from their deepest fears of death?

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/can-a-psychedelic-drug-save-the-terminally-ill-from-their-deepest-fears-of-death-20190618-p51ysf.html

"The trial is part of a revolutionary shift in attitudes towards psychedelic drugs believed to have therapeutic benefits for treatment-resistant depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, and even commonplace addiction to alcohol or tobacco. Half a century after Woodstock, several illegal recreational substances are being recast as drugs of last resort, from psilocybin, marijuana and MDMA to ayahuasca, a psychedelic plant-based tea from the Amazon. ...

Psilocybin, with its famed capacity to induce mystical experiences, is the focus of worldwide clinical trials. This compound, found in more than 100 species of fungi and once revered by the Aztecs who named it "flesh of the gods", is at the vanguard of attempts to tackle the despair and anguish of imminent death among the terminally ill."
K 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:53 am

Bomber Thompson said in court '... he was also tempted to try LSD but "didn't have the guts".
"Ice, that's it really," he said.'

Shocked

Isn't ice worse than LSD?
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:39 pm

K wrote:
Bomber Thompson said in court '... he was also tempted to try LSD but "didn't have the guts".

Shocked

Well, I don't know if it's worse... maybe for its addictive properties and subsequent behaviour changes, yes.

LSD.. acid, trips, whatever you want to call them are pretty scary too!

Not a very popular or common drug these days, was around a bit in the late 80's, early 90's but seemed to fade out of fashion at the start of the new millennium.

Had a few in my late teens. You never knew what you were going to get. There were; Red Dragons, Micro Dots and plenty of other 'names'

A real clever selling thing were the 'Walls' they came in a sheet of however many you wanted and they looked like the album cover - Pink Floyd - The Wall. These were also very powerful!

We went down south on a surfing trip once. 10 of us, we hired a Landcruiser Troopy and off we went. Smoking a few joints of course during the trip.
After a surf and feed one morning, Old mate pulls out some of these trips and starts cutting up the bricks. I didn't really want to have one, but after being threatened with being held down and it forced down my throat, I slipped it under my tongue. Not keen on the idea, I took it out and slipped it in my wallet the first chance I got... it didn't matter, the acid was at work.

I had a horrible experience that day... and night. Hallucinations, panic attacks, and I got stranded on a cliff face, which I was terrified to try and get down from... I held onto a tree for hours.

Not a fun time at all.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:17 pm

Skids wrote:
K wrote:

Shocked

Well, I don't know if it's worse... maybe for its addictive properties and subsequent behaviour changes, yes.

Not a very popular or common drug these days, was around a bit in the late 80's, early 90's but seemed to fade out of fashion at the start of the new millennium.

Had a few in my late teens. You never knew what you were going to get. There were; Red Dragons, Micro Dots and plenty of other 'names'

A real clever selling thing were the 'Walls' they came in a sheet of however many you wanted and they looked like the album cover - Pink Floyd - The Wall. These were also very powerful!

We went down south on a surfing trip once. 10 of us, we hired a Landcruiser Troopy and off we went. Smoking a few joints of course during the trip.
After a surf and feed one morning, Old mate pulls out some of these trips and starts cutting up the bricks. I didn't really want to have one, but after being threatened with being held down and it forced down my throat, I slipped it under my tongue. Not keen on the idea, I took it out and slipped it in my wallet the first chance I got... it didn't matter, the acid was at work.

I had a horrible experience that day... and night. Hallucinations, panic attacks, and I got stranded on a cliff face, which I was terrified to try and get down from... I held onto a tree for hours.

Not a fun time at all.

was that real or part of the trip????

thats $$%^%%$ terrifying, what kind of friends do you have!! this and the turtles, im just gobsmacked! awful stuff.

ive had a couple of puffs of weed, hubby had a tree of it growing in the back yard, i made him get rid of it when my mum remarked on his green thumb! the bloody thing was 6 feet tall!

ive never tried anything else. my sister gave me a cigarette when i was about 15, and it was disgusting, i still remember thinking WTF would you do this! i was absolutely paralytic a few years back, and had a mouth full of them apparently!! ive never been that drunk since!!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:16 pm

K wrote:

Shocked

I think Skids post should explain it for you, "worse" is the wrong question as they have very different effects.

Ice is meth amphetamine based so it's a stimulant, LSD is an hallucinogenic. For someone like Thompson who would be used to and like being in control of situations, I can understand why he would say he didn't have the guts to try something mind bending.

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:58 pm

think positive wrote:
Skids wrote:
K wrote:

Shocked

Not a fun time at all.

was that real or part of the trip????

thats $�$%^%%$ terrifying, what kind of friends do you have!! this and the turtles, im just gobsmacked! awful stuff.

ive had a couple of puffs of weed, hubby had a tree of it growing in the back yard, i made him get rid of it when my mum remarked on his green thumb! the bloody thing was 6 feet tall!

ive never tried anything else. my sister gave me a cigarette when i was about 15, and it was disgusting, i still remember thinking WTF would you do this! i was absolutely paralytic a few years back, and had a mouth full of them apparently!! ive never been that drunk since!!

Not any of those anymore TP. We were 17. Haven't seen any of that crew for 30 years.

The turtles? You mean the way they are killed and eaten by the Aborignal mob? I was just fishing with some work colleagues from Argyle.

I hate it as much as you do. I hate the fact that, because of 'rights', aborignal people can hunt and kill anything, anytime they want. Fish out of season, Marron/yabbies, goanna, abalone .... anything!
That's fair enough if they genuinely live on the land, not if they're rocking up in a Landcruiser with all the nasty white fellas hunting equipment.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:12 pm

true, i know people in the US who hunt to eat,

but chucking them on the fire is just cruelty of the highest order, i could never stand by and watch that

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:29 am

https://www.9news.com.au/national/marijuana-chocolate-brownie-cafe-owner-charged-after-perth-family-consumed-treat-perth-news/299300ef-6551-421c-858e-23a20b7a1183?ref=BP_RSS_ninenews_3_children-allegedly-served-pot-laced-brownies-at-perth-cafe_030719
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 27 of 33   

Jump to: