Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pay TV - do you have it? will you get it? will you dump it?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you have Pay TV for AFL?
Yes I have it & will keep it
67%
 67%  [ 40 ]
Yes I have it & will not continue next year
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
No I don't have it but will get in next year
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
No I don't have it & will not get it next year
25%
 25%  [ 15 ]
What is TV
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 59

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:11 am
Post subject: Pay TV - do you have it? will you get it? will you dump it?Reply with quote

I've asked this question a few years ago or so with respect to AFL .

Given less FTA next year will this influence you?

Have things changed for you?

If so how?

If not why?

Will they change for you with respect to watching TV?

Just seeing if any changes or new ideas

I don't have it, I was thinking about it but still not sold on the idea. As for my priorities it's too expensive to justify given the limited choices etc.

My TV despite being a number of years old is a ripper. It's a Pioneer 50" commercial panel ( one of the last one's made in Japan) The HD is amazing viewing, especially streamed TV.

Anyways waddya think?

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:41 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it have had it for several years.
I actually like it especially in footy season
See I follow both AFL & NRL and like to watch most games each week.
I also like to IQ my teams games and re-watch them again to see things I may have missed the first time.
I also like watching the nightly and weekly shows for each code and as they are often on at the same time I can watch one and record the other.
And the war office/minister of finance likes her doco's and movies so she's a happy camper as well.
We actually have Foxtel boxes in our TV/family room, media room (also known as my man cave, the bedroom (for some late night magpie replays) and in our outdoor entertainment area so if I'm forced to be social during the season and it clashes with a game I can cook the bbq whilst keeping a close eye on the screen
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:07 am

Living in the UK, I'll be watching my AFL games via BT.

Previously, we've had Foxtel for ages. I think we even had Optus Vision when they had the AFL. Shocked

It's really not that expensive.

richo 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:07 am

Anyone have an AFL live pass? Are they any good? Can you stream the games?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am

I reckon Foxtel is pretty expensive personally, unless you stick with the $25 dollar pack which has not much in it! I don't find I need it very often, I did subscribe to it one season, but I felt like I had to watch every game and it got exhausting! I choose to watch most games on F2A anyway if I'm home. Since I attend 99% of our games in vic, and most of our interstaters are televised, I don't need it. For the odd game I want to watch, I've paid for a week of live. And a couple of times I actually took my iPad to netball and watched us play!
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:45 am

About $50 a month for the compulsory entertainment pack plus the sports package. Doesn't include the the movie channel or the drama package which is another $25 ea per month. Makes it very expensive to have but with the reduced live coverage of games I'll have to seriously consider getting it next year. The alternative is to go over to a friend's place who has Foxtel and watch live Collingwood games there.
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:00 am

I have said many times if Foxtel would let me just have the sports package at $25 - $35 I would get it. Not happy to pay extra for stuff I don't want to watch!
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:58 am

Last season I watched the Foxtel games through the free AFL Live Pass that Telstra had going. Hopefully it is on next season too. Worked well. Just had to watch it on the iPad though as I am not savvy enough to figure out how to get around inability to stream it from there to my TV, which isn't currently a feature.
I think you can get sport through Foxtel Play at a cheaper rate now, but not in HD. Something like $15/month and the standard rate through Play is cheaper too. That's what I remember reading, anyway.

Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:58 am

Being in Qld, if you want to watch any decent games, it is a must. Me a couple of mates all chip in on the cost and use the login on the FoxtelGo app on the iPad each.

We do this with NBA league pass as well Very Happy
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:06 am

Have it, it is a must have for football, we have it for the football and everything else is a bonus(?)
Footy with no adds is worth the $$, FTA coverage and it's saturation add breaks at every goal was killing my love of the game.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:35 am

I have and it is great.
50 dollars a month and is relatively cheap.
record all the football you like on foxtel IQ
Always record our matches.
When playing interstate and no free to air I always had to go down to the local to watch the match.
You also get a host of international news channels that I like.
The weather channel ...great.
Old movie channels in TCM and Fox classics.
Love the old clint eastwood spaghetti westerns.
50 bucks a month is about half of the cost a crap pub meal with the missus and kids.
Worth it.h

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:35 am

Have every channel and will keep it. If I am not watch re runs of something on Foxtel or live sports I am not watching TV. The only thing I will bitch about is when it first came along it was commercial free, now commercials thanks to Rupert.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:14 pm

Culprit wrote:
Have every channel and will keep it. If I am not watch re runs of something on Foxtel or live sports I am not watching TV. The only thing I will bitch about is when it first came along it was commercial free, now commercials thanks to Rupert.

I record just about every program I want to watch (series link it) and then watch it while fast forwarding all the damn commercials. I haven't watched a commercial for years.

I love the variety of pay TV channels as well, especially the real crime channell - CI and of course the news/sports/documentary channels.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:26 pm

No,i don't have pay tv and I don't see any need to have it.All my entertainment needs are satisfied by Netflix and other streaming sites.I don't really see the need to pay $50 a month just to watch a handful of football games.When we're not on free to air tv,i usually sign up for the A.F.L live app,which is only $5 for a week.It's a much cheaper alternative than paying for all those things on Foxtel which don't interest me anyway.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:53 pm

Anybody see the Foxtel A4 colour flyer asking $111.00 per month for cable, unlimited broadband and unlimited local & STD calls on your land line?

I'm currently paying these idiots at Telstra $120.00 per month for broadband and landline [no Foxtel currently], so it certainly warrants investigating...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: