Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A message to Bucks: use the force

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Joel wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Joel wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Bux is a dud.
And when he and Ed steps down that is when things will start to improve.

Yeah, just like magic.

yep.

Please remember we are the Catholic Club!
Don't forget our history.
Nuns don't just wear black and white for nothing.
As for the Pope.
The next El Papa is El Papa Ed!

Museman 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:53 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
there's nothing quite like going over the top **sighs**

I would agree wholeheartedly, shows a clear inability of understanding, and a rigidness not conducive to any sort of man management role.

Not to mention just about the dumbest idea in the history of mankind.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:30 pm

Museman wrote:
Cam wrote:
And don't tell the players to not listen to music before a game [as happened this year] - because everyone prepares differently.

If this is true, then he should have been sacked that week.

Because quite simply, that is idiotic.

And we shouldn't be coached by an idiot.

Is this true about no music before the game?????
If so this is friggin ridiculous.
This has floored me completely.
And I don't get floored full stop.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:21 am

thompsoc wrote:
Museman wrote:
Cam wrote:
And don't tell the players to not listen to music before a game [as happened this year] - because everyone prepares differently.

It's completely phucked IF it's true. However, I suspect that perhaps a player was told off for listening to music while Bucks was addressing the team?
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:43 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Museman wrote:
Cam wrote:

It's completely phucked IF it's true. However, I suspect that perhaps a player was told off for listening to music while Bucks was addressing the team?

I heard it was not to listen to "trance music" Very Happy. Wouldn't put too much store in Chinese whispers without context, especially when as unbelievable as this one.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:22 am

thompsoc wrote:
Museman wrote:
Cam wrote:

The denials are deafening !
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:15 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

The denials are deafening !

Nothing to deny. Like most things on this forum the comments are purely speculation and opinions.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:50 pm

Does that include your opinion member 7167?
This info was posted by Cam.
One of the most respected posters on this board.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:34 pm

And I enjoy Cams contribution to the board but from my prospective there is nothing to deny. I am sure that Cam has not taken offence at my comment. In any case why should it concern you?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:21 pm

Clearly Cam has conveyed to us what he has heard, and he is not a person to post such material unless he is confident of its veracity. Nevertheless, the fact is none of us know the truth, so it remains mere rumour and innuendo.

We will each choose to believe it or not. End of story. Time to move on.
Member 7167 Leo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:01 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Clearly Cam has conveyed to us what he has heard, and he is not a person to post such material unless he is confident of its veracity. Nevertheless, the fact is none of us know the truth, so it remains mere rumour and innuendo.

We will each choose to believe it or not. End of story. Time to move on.

Agree RudeBoy - nothing to see here.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:35 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
And I enjoy Cams contribution to the board but from my prospective there is nothing to deny. I am sure that Cam has not taken offence at my comment. In any case why should it concern you?

I wasn't offended at all. In fact, if I was in your position I too would possibly make similar comments.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:13 am
Post subject: Re: A message to Bucks: use the forceReply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
With the new season still several months away, I can't help but feel that our club is currently facing numerous problems, on and off the field, and there is a growing air of despondency. Apart from the latest Gubby Allan fiasco and murmerings of discontent amongst our football department over the treatment of some staff, our supporters seem to be divided into two camps, the "perceptive fellow" who want Buckley out and the lollipop brigade who think he deserves one more year to turn things around.

What is missing is a sense of genuine excitement and optimism for our short to medium term future. Part of this imo, is the way we have allowed our club to become not much more than a franchise of the AFL. In abandoning our spiritual home all those years ago, we set up shop in South Yarra, but despite the quality of the facilities there, it has never felt like a home. Collingwood members and supporters are simply customers. This is not a unique problem of ours, but rather the result of the corporatisation of sport.

The problem is made worse by the fact that our coach, whom I am a strong supporter of, seems oblivious to the need to engage and connect with fans. As good a communicator as Bucks is, and imo he's the best public communicator of all AFL coaches, one gets the feeling that he sees his job purely in terms of preparing the players and making positional moves on match day.

However, not all is lost. As a Buckley fan, I'm hoping he can do more than this. For those who follow the round ball game and especially the English Premier League, you should know about my 'other' club, Liverpool, and its amazing coach/manager, Jurgen Klopp. From the moment he arrived at Liverpool midway through last season, a team which were in the doldrums (but are now sitting equal first on the Premier League table), he made it clear that the players, coaches and the fans all had a role to play in making Liverpool great again. He regularly implores the fans to create a ferocious atmosphere for visiting teams, and speaks glowingly of them, as being part of the club, and the reason the club is great. He often says things like "to win this game we need the fans to help us and inspire us". He has created an incredible bond between players and fans, something which had been in decline for many years. Liverpool is now on the march, in part, because Klopp has smashed down the dividing line between team and fans.

So Bucks, I have been concerned at your apparent belief that it's not your role to motivate the players. Luke Beveridge has demonstrated how a coach can help generate team spirit and enthusiasm, beyond that of players being professional. However, as well as recognising that as coach you have a key role in motivating the team, as head of the CFC, you have a powerful weapon, a force, the Magpie Army, which you have not properly mobilised. Let's not simply limp into and through another season. Bucks, I'm asking you to make it your job to encourage, activate and mobilise the Magpie Army to support, encourage and inspire our team in 2017. We have a power and force like no other club, but it's been in 'sleep mode' for several years now. Make us believe again and together lets go into battle and demonstrate and celebrate the meaning of COLLINGWOOD. Side by Side.

Thank You mate...Thank You.

Pretty much laughed at by the club this season when it was suggested we all get together at the six minute mark of the third quarter ( 36 ) to create the 'swanny chant' The club simply was not interested and made us feel as though we were being silly. The Magpie Army is a powerful weapon and responsible for many stirring victories in the past...We the magpie army have been decimated by people at the club who dont see things the collingwood way...they dont understand the collingwood way...we are a shell of the army we used to be...we need representation at club level with ideas, crazy ideas, fun ideas, In our own way we told to club to go and get stuffed as we went to the bottom three decks of ponsford stand prior to the game with the swanny chant...you know what our fellow supporters were excited by the idea genuinly excited....it kind of worked ok too...but if we had of had our club on side i reckon it could of been amazing....what ever happened to SIDE BY SIDE.

Thanks Bruce love your work mate Smile

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:24 am

It's 2.20 am Bruce and you got my black and white juices flowing through the veins how will i ever get to sleep now...
Now we all have ideas some good some not so good but it's good to respect all ideas because soon enough someone will come up with a pearler idea.

Howabout for starters we end all the scoreboard interaction prior to our club entering the stadium.......lets dim the lights and flood the the MCG speaker system with the (warbling of magpies) as our great club runs onto the ground to commence battle...WOW its run through brick wall stuff Smile

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:25 am

That sounds cool and your spot on, that's what we need back, and yes the club needs to bloody well support it. At the very least we need to get the ponsford full, and keep out the enemy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8   

Jump to: