Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Former number 2 and number 4 pick if you dont mind!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:19 am
Post subject: Former number 2 and number 4 pick if you dont mind!Reply with quote

I am reading how ho-hum everyone is treating our trading period.

Now we all seem to appreciate the brilliance of Daniel Wells. Age I guess is the only thing stopping him, but we were happy to have a 32 year old Dane Swan running around. Why not a 32 year old Daniel Wells?

I just watched a highlight reel on the AFL website of Hoskin-Elliot. Man, what a talent. Number 4 in the draft. Tall, strong overhead. Disposal spectacular. Goal kicker. sneaky quick. Why aren't we excited?

Mayne seems like a BIG upgrade on Blair. Why isn't that being celebrated.

And as for Dunn. We don't currently have a strong fullback. We have Keefe and that's it. The idea of horses for courses means that one of them should be able to hold down full back pretty well.

I think we did really really well given that we had zero chips to trade this year (since we traded pick 1 making pick 2 untradeable).

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree Trealor was worth the trade so everyone knew we would have little ability to trade this year
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:58 am

No no no. You've got it all wrong. He is a class-A spud.

Who is??

All of them! And the coach is worse! And it's all Eddie's fault because Eddie is a moron. Or possibly a closet Hawthorn supporter, I always forget which. The simple reality is that we have the worst list in the AFL, mostly because Hine is taking dirty money from Essendon to draft as many Grade A Duds as he can, and also because the fitness staff are corrupt and incompetent and the assistant coaches haven't got a bloody clue about football. not that any of that matters. The AFL pay off the umpires to give free kicks to all the other sides, especially Hawthorn and the whole competition is rigged.

Stinger 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:04 am

Mayne will be the surprise packet of the lot.

First surprise will be a Collingwood forward next year who can kick straight!
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:31 am
Post subject: Re: Former number 2 and number 4 pick if you dont mind!Reply with quote

E wrote:

Now we all seem to appreciate the brilliance of Daniel Wells. Age I guess is the only thing stopping him, but we were happy to have a 32 year old Dane Swan running around. Why not a 32 year old Daniel Wells?

I just watched a highlight reel on the AFL website of Hoskin-Elliot. Man, what a talent. Number 4 in the draft. Tall, strong overhead. Disposal spectacular. Goal kicker. sneaky quick. Why aren't we excited?

And as for Dunn. We don't currently have a strong fullback. We have Keefe and that's it. The idea of horses for courses means that one of them should be able to hold down full back pretty well.

I think we did really really well given that we had zero chips to trade this year (since we traded pick 1 making pick 2 untradeable).

Mayne is a big upgrade on Blair full stop.
I am celebrating that.
But the Hobbit looks like stopping on the books,
much to Think Positive's love and to me scratching my head.

winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:32 am

Tannin wrote:

Who is??

All of them! And the coach is worse! And it's all Eddie's fault because Eddie is a moron. Or possibly a closet Hawthorn supporter, I always forget which. The simple reality is that we have the worst list in the AFL, mostly because Hine is taking dirty money from Essendon to draft as many Grade A Duds as he can, and also because the fitness staff are corrupt and incompetent and the assistant coaches haven't got a bloody clue about football. not that any of that matters. The AFL pay off the umpires to give free kicks to all the other sides, especially Hawthorn and the whole competition is rigged.

Give me a break!!! Really?

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:50 pm

Tannin wrote:

Who is??

So your contention is that Buckley is a great coach...
Care to expand on that?

Didn't think so.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:09 pm

Yet Dane Swan is retired at 32, we are going to be still paying a 34 year old Daniel Wells 600,000...

Oh and Swan has won a brownlow, what has Wells done?
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:26 pm

Good point. I'm happy to have Wells but the price is high. Would we have been paying Swanny $600k a season or would his salary be tapering off?
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:28 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Yet Dane Swan is retired at 32, we are going to be still paying a 34 year old Daniel Wells 600,000...

Oh and Swan has won a brownlow, what has Wells done?

No we're not. There's just no way this happens.

Not too many contracts are structured to have the same figure year on year and the likelihood is almost zero that the third year of the contract will be without salary reduction clauses or even options on whether it's activated. Very likely that we'll be front loading both Wells and Mayne's contracts so that we can target a decent player at the end of 2016.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:38 pm

Tannin wrote:

Who is??

Nonsense. Eddie's actually a Saints supporter. It's a well known fact that he has a blow-up doll of Steven Milne in his office. And you do know, don't you, that Davoren is actually installing IEDs in their knees ? And that Nathan Buckley is actually a Port Adelaide double agent running an Essendon-style programme injecting the liquefied blood of Dick Pratt into our most promising recruits????

If they let the supporters run the club with their vast hard-man footy knowledge and Vic Park sausage sizzles we'd be feared again.....it's that... simple....

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:55 pm

Tannin wrote:

Who is??

whatever you are on, id sure as hell would like some of it. Shocked Cool Cool Cool Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:32 pm

Wells is on $500 X 2, plus incentives for a third year.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:37 am
Post subject: Re: Former number 2 and number 4 pick if you dont mind!Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
E wrote:

Mayne is a big upgrade on Blair full stop.
I am celebrating that.
But the Hobbit looks like stopping on the books,
much to Think Positive's love and to me scratching my head.

Jejeheheheehe yay!

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:24 am

Tannin wrote:

Who is??

And the Cubans shot Kennedy, Keyzer Soze' was Keaton, The world is actually flat, Algebra is fun and the Aussie batsmen can actually play SPIN!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: