Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Remaining free agents (November 2016)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricky Henderson for me also, it was reported Bucks was keen on him last contract. Could be that rebounder we need.

He seems to break down a bit though doesn't he? Anyway providing it's not a long contract why not.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:34 pm

Give him a years contract with the option of a second based around his performance, I cannot see that being a bad option. Going year by year might be the way to go.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:45 pm

Key defender? Can't say I've ever heard of Cam O'Shea.
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:41 pm

I think when Port were going well, Cam was in good form. Not sure what happened but seemed to drop off last year.

I'd have him ahead of Dunn.
ROB 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:06 am

Henderson or Silvani - I don't see we need both with Dunn, although both could release Reid or Howe or both back to the forward line - that would certainly help in my opinion.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:27 am

5150 wrote:
I think when Port were going well, Cam was in good form. Not sure what happened but seemed to drop off last year.

It was my workload, I peaked too early... words I've heard before lol

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:50 am

Cam O'Shea is a real goer, the trouble is his skill level. He will run and back himself and the ball will bounce incorrectly and then back between his legs and the opposition will get it and rebound and score. He gives everything he has, committed and you cannot fault his endeavour. It's just his skill level.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:23 pm

Some really good options there to fill in as backup talls on less coin than N.Brown or Frost.

M.Brown
Silvagni
O'Shea
X.Richards

Would all be adequate replacements if we feel we need one. Richards, as someone who can play back or forward would definitely be a useful backup (better player than Stewart).

Towers, Henderson, Grimes as medium types, though we already have a good amount of these.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:30 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Some really good options there to fill in as backup talls on less coin than N.Brown or Frost.

M.Brown
Silvagni
O'Shea
X.Richards

Would all be adequate replacements if we feel we need one. Richards, as someone who can play back or forward would definitely be a useful backup (better player than Stewart).

Towers, Henderson, Grimes as medium types, though we already have a good amount of these.

Happy to go with 1 or 2 of these as insurance against injury. Be handy if they could be versatile and play forward or back but I suppose we have Howe who can do that. Year by year deal to see how they go or who becomes available via draft or free agency each year
None of them will cost much $$ wise better to pay the insurance than have it bite us on the ass later
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:52 pm

Cam wrote:
5150 wrote:

Followed closely by "that's never happened before"
Poor Cam...
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:24 pm

5150 wrote:
Cam wrote:
5150 wrote:

Followed closely by "that's never happened before"
Poor Cam...

Followed by the sound of a rhythmic buzzing noise from a locked bathroom.
Captain_MyCaptain Leo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:24 pm

No love for Dean Towers? I dunno but thought he might be ok down back. hmmmm
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:27 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Key defender? Can't say I've ever heard of Cam O'Shea.

Did well early playing 3rd tall defender but seemed to fall out of favor this year.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:26 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:

M.Brown
Silvagni
O'Shea
X.Richards

I'd take Xavier Richards out of all of them. Has some pace & size & can play at both ends. More importantly he is still young.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:33 pm

Good post.

AN_Inkling wrote:

M.Brown Pros: Already has friends (and his wife) at the club. Can provide backup in defence as well as in the ruck. Cons: Bad injury history. Slow. Is he really an upgrade on his brother? 1 Reason To Sign Him: Just to see the club replace a player with his twin would be something.

Silvagni Pros: Seems ready and able to play a shutdown role on the top forwards. Wage will be low. Would accept the role that he is purely a depth/cover player. Cons: 29 years old. Lack of AFL experience. Soft tissue history. 1 Reason To Sign Him: He's a Silvagni.

O'Shea Pros: 24 years old with 81 AFL games played. Can play on talls and smalls (He did a good job on Fas last year IIRC). Is very similar to Tyson Goldsack. Cons: Struggles with consistency. And couldn't seem to cement his place in Ports best 22. 1 Reason To Sign Him: He's a 193cm Utility who is ready to play.

X.Richards Pros: 23 years old. Can swing forward and back. 195cm tall. Good kick for goal. Cons: Pooped his pants on GF day. Almost looks like he isn't ready for AFL. 1 Reason To Sign Him: He, like his brother, could be a late bloomer.

Towers Pros: Seems to get a lot of the ball. Knows how to tackle. Can support in the ruck and in the F50. 26 years old. Cons: A bit of a clanger king. A bad decision maker. 1 Reason To Sign Him: Swans just didn't know how to use him.,

Henderson Pros: Seems very composed and can be damaging from half back. Cons: Not a great injury history. Lost a bit of his pace. 1 Reason To Sign Him: Bucks likes him,

Grimes Pros: Has leadership qualities. Dominates the VFL and is too good to play in that competition. Cons: Might not fit the age profile anymore. Fall out with Roos (How will he get on with Bucks). 1 Reason To Sign Him: He has something to prove. And I hate Melbourne.

As far as the future goes, O'Shea and Richards have the most to offer. Silvagni probably offers the best service as far as an instant FB replacement goes.

It'll be interesting to see where all these guys end up and if Collingwood will go for one.

Last edited by Presti35 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7   

Jump to: