Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Our fabulous new forward line

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy ^ Love your optimism 35! and yes Robby Balls is also absolute music to my ears when we are on top of the world and when we beat Carlscum his voice and arguments are even better to listen too! May we "ash-felt" (its what comes after rolling them) the blu boys in six months time!
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:31 am

I look back at Jack Anthony and Chris Dawes.....two forwards who played well when given no respect from oppositions backlines. As soon as opponents started to given them an ounce of attention, they were exposed as frauds.

Cox has looked good because we had zero expectations on him and oppositions haven't really put any effort into stopping him.

How will he cope with expectations and also greater attention?

Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:47 am

Number 35 wrote:
If Thomas wasnt banned. He may very well be in the top 5 mids in the comp right now! Too many people have forgotten about him. He has eletric pace and decent vision. Uses it well and gets it at an elite rate. Gets Goals and not scared of the Hard ball. His baisically another Treloar.

Wow, I say we should trade him next year for 2 first round trade picks. Then use these to get the Bont.

ROB 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:57 am

I think we will see a very dynamic forward line in 2017. Cox, White and Moore will be the mainstay with rotations with Grundy occurring for White and or Cox. Cox will be so much better with another year under his belt and the fitness gurus understanding what he has to do to get the speed and tank to go that bit further than last year - be under no illusion, he will be a key this year as he is an astute student and since being dropped back at end of this season, would have been working on fitness and understanding of the game. The opposition teams will have to play their best defender on him or they will suffer for it. The rest of the talent we now have at our disposal will see a Bulldog style approach to just running and playing keepers off game style to getting it through the goals.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:40 am

What'sinaname wrote:
I look back at Jack Anthony and Chris Dawes.....two forwards who played well when given no respect from oppositions backlines. As soon as opponents started to given them an ounce of attention, they were exposed as frauds.

Cox has looked good because we had zero expectations on him and oppositions haven't really put any effort into stopping him.

Why do so many think Cox is not going to improve. He is an elite athlete from a family of elite athletes and seems to take his competitiveness very seriously.I see in him a person who does not concede and I'm equally as sure he will work hard to better all elements needed to succeed and if working on getting the better of 2 opponents is the benchmark then why believe he won't or can't do it?He is 7'1'' and likes to throw his weight around and I'm sure ,given time he will be a very valuable part of the team.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:42 am

What'sinaname wrote:

I'm more worried about how he'll cope with laying a tackle, getting it below his knees, and getting above walking pace as his opponent sweeps the ball out of our O50.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:46 am

Number 35 wrote:
Im going out on a limb.

- MMM will kick very VERY close to 150 goals. Neither of them will win the Coleman.

- Pendlebury will win the Brownlow playing as a Half Back.

-Treloar and Thomas will poll in the top ten in the brownlow.

-Grundy and White will earn All-Australian status at Ruck and Fullback.

Josh Thomas will poll what ? How many frothies did you say you had ?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:08 am

I read today that WHE may be played as a half back. FFS, I hope that's not true. With Scharenberg, Ramsay, Howe, Langdon and Varcoe, we've got numerous options for that position, but our forward line is desperate for an injection of class. I'd much prefer him used as a wing or high half forward.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:59 pm

^^I like him up forward and I suspect the club does too. With his talent and inconsistency though, a spell down back may be just what he needs. Similar to what we did with Faz.

I think if he really develops his most damaging position will be wing, rotating forward.

Rush Stand Wing 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:28 pm

B Howe Dunn Ramsay
HB Adams Reid Maynard
C WHE (15) Treloar (15) Wells (20)
HF Elliot (30) White(30) Sidebottom (30)
F Fasolo (40) Moore (40) Broomhead (25)

Foll Grundy (10) Pendlebury (15) Wills (10)

Int Crisp(10), Aish (10), Greenwood (5), Mayne (20)
Total 325

Is it a stretch?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:39 pm

Yes - but, happily, the Future Captain will kick 30+ from his halfback flank. You'd have to pick him in the team, though.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:58 pm

mudlark wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Why do so many think Cox is not going to improve. He is an elite athlete from a family of elite athletes and seems to take his competitiveness very seriously.I see in him a person who does not concede and I'm equally as sure he will work hard to better all elements needed to succeed and if working on getting the better of 2 opponents is the benchmark then why believe he won't or can't do it?He is 7'1'' and likes to throw his weight around and I'm sure ,given time he will be a very valuable part of the team.

I just think it's interesting we expect so much of Cox, but have jettisoned Witts at 23 years of age?

Cox has played a handful of games and really hasn't done all that much, taking 10 possessions three times and his best game was 6 marks. He's exceeded expectations only because we expected nothing.

Can he improve when other teams start planning around him?
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:03 pm

I don't think the expectations for Cox are high. Most posters don't have him in their best 22. We're just waiting to see how he develops. He's only been at the club for a year.

Witts on the hand was hear for 4-5 years and really hadn't shown enough at AFL level. Sill, we didn't "jettison" him. We'd possibly have held onto him if he was willing to be a backup.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:00 pm

Number 35 wrote:
If Thomas wasnt banned. He may very well be in the top 5 mids in the comp right now! Too many people have forgotten about him. He has eletric pace and decent vision. Uses it well and gets it at an elite rate. Gets Goals and not scared of the Hard ball. His baisically another Treloar.

Really?
I'd neither declare him as a good user of the ball nor fast.
Can find the footy and his best ability is probably his clearance work.

Rush Stand Wing 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:28 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I read today that WHE may be played as a half back. FFS, I hope that's not true. With Scharenberg, Ramsay, Howe, Langdon and Varcoe, we've got numerous options for that position, but our forward line is desperate for an injection of class. I'd much prefer him used as a wing or high half forward.

Isn't it almost a tradition for potential gun midfielders to start at half back while they are still learning the caper ?

The current trends will almost certainly bring about half backs and half forwards roaming up and down as if they are playing team defence/offence. But for how long, I wonder
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: