Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Final Day of 2016 Trade Period

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:35 pm
Post subject: Final Day of 2016 Trade PeriodReply with quote

Here are my Thoughts on Chances of Trades we could do tomorrow:

Certain:
Dunn
Frost
Cloke

Highly Likely:
WHE
Williams
Witts

Not very Likely:

Marsh

Coxie29 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting on Trade Daily update today that Williams & Marsh were not mentioned in the potential trades remaining. Perhaps just a coincidence???

I'm kind of a big deal.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:41 pm

Welcome to Collingwood to all the players traded in tomorrow.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:47 pm

Coxie29 wrote:
Interesting on Trade Daily update today that Williams & Marsh were not mentioned in the potential trades remaining. Perhaps just a coincidence???

Tonight there are Reports that North are into Williams

Rush Stand Wing 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:54 pm

Afl.com reports at 9.30pm, "...and Collingwood put in an 11th hour enquiry" to Richmond for Deledio but he chose GWS as his preferred club.

Sounds like decisions are still being made
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:58 pm

I hope the Collingwood Recruiting Department charge their phones overnight.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:28 pm

Rush Stand Wing wrote:
Afl.com reports at 9.30pm, "...and Collingwood put in an 11th hour enquiry" to Richmond for Deledio but he chose GWS as his preferred club.

Glad he did not Choose Us

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:58 pm

It's actually a more exciting day than the Grand Final. Everyone can win and everyone can lose. Let's hope the biggest losers are... the Hawks!
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:14 am

watt price tully wrote:

If true this is very interesting. Deledio is reported to be on $800k, so this suggests we have room for a significant signing and are looking for one.

mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:24 am

Comments
- Cloke: if we get pick 61, we should be dancing on the streets, as it gives us some points to help with Daicos or Brown. Wouldn't be surprised if we get 75 or 76.
- Dunn: I would think pick 65 is the very very best we would be willing to pay and I think that is unlikely. If we get 75 or 76 for Cloke that will be used for Dunn in what could even be a three way deal. If we get pick 61 for Cloke, pick 83 will probably be enough for Dunn.
- Witts: we apparently rejected pick 44, but based on what Richmond paid for Nankervis (pick 46), we will have to accept 44 and apparently pick 62 as a sweetener.
- Williams: this is an interesting one. North have pick 32 and 33, then have 87. 32 and 33 too high, 87 too low. Are we interested in a North player? If not, this could be for a future 3rd round pick.
- Frost: another interesting one. Brisbane have 21 and 22 and then 78. 21 and 22 too high, 78 too low. Are we interested in a Brisbane player? Do we throw in another player (Greenwood) to try and get 21 or 22? Assuming, Rockliff is staying at Brisbane. This could also be a future 3rd round pick.
- Hoskin-Elliott - Deledio to GWS will help us here, as they will have to clear some cap space, even if Richmond pay some of his salary in 2017, which is what has been reported. If this is the case, GWS will probably be prepared to accept less than his value. Thus, I don't think we will want to pay pick 28, especially as we want to keep the points for Brown and Daicos. Depending on GWS's salary cap issues, they may be prepared to accept 44, the pick we get from Witts. Otherwise, a future 2nd or 3rd rounder will likely get it done.
- Marsh: don't think anything will happen here, as Freo and WCE supposedly not interested. Also, not sure what that means for his future. All that has been reported is that he wants to go home, not that he has any health issues. So, not sure if he will fulfil his contract and play for us in 2017 or sit out of the game.

Last edited by mooretreloar on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:29 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

If true this is very interesting. Deledio is reported to be on $800k, so this suggests we have room for a significant signing and are looking for one.

Maybe, but it was reported that Richmond are going to be paying a part of his salary to GWS in 2017, so maybe the same was going to apply with us if he picked us.

Though, it wouldn't surprise me if Hine comes up with something that hasn't been discussed in the media.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:44 am

mooretreloar wrote:
Comments
- Cloke: if we get pick 61, we should be dancing on the streets, as it gives us some points to help with Daicos or Brown. Wouldn't be surprised if we get 75 or 76.
- Dunn: I would think pick 65 is the very very best we would be willing to pay and I think that is unlikely. If we get 75 or 76 for Cloke that will be used for Dunn in what could even be a three way deal. If we get pick 61 for Cloke, pick 83 will probably be enough for Dunn.
- Witts: we apparently rejected pick 44, but based on what Richmond paid for Nankervis (pick 46), we will have to accept 44 and apparently pick 62 as a sweetener.
- Williams: this is an interesting one. North have pick 32 and 33, then have 87. 32 and 33 too high, 87 too low. Are we interested in a North player? If not, this could be for a future 3rd round pick.
- Frost: another interesting one. Brisbane have 21 and 22 and then 78. 21 and 22 too high, 78 too low. Are we interested in a Brisbane player? Do we throw in another player (Greenwood) to try and get 21 or 22? Assuming, Rockliff is staying at Brisbane. This could also be a future 3rd round pick.
- Hoskin-Elliott - Deledio to GWS will help us here, as they will have to clear some cap space, even if Richmond pay some of his salary in 2017, which is what has been reported. If this is the case, GWS will probably be prepared to accept less than his value. Thus, I don't think we will want to pay pick 28, especially as we want to keep the points for Brown and Daicos. Depending on GWS's salary cap issues, they may be prepared to accept 44, the pick we get from Witts. Otherwise, a future 2nd or 3rd rounder will likely get it done.
- Marsh: don't think anything will happen here, as Freo and WCE supposedly not interested. Also, not sure what that means for his future. All that has been reported is that he wants to go home, not that he has any health issues. So, not sure if he will fulfil his contract and play for us in 2017 or sit out of the game.

MT there's loads of options available for each deal really.
Cloke for pick 61 plus we exchange 3rd picks our 47 for there 43 improves our points by 196 and barely moves there 3rd selection for me that's a win win

Dunn any picks below 61 sounds about right he's not required at Melbourne and they would need a bit of cap relief landing Lewis and having Hogan and other young players off contract next season.

Frost coupled with picks 47 & 65 for pick 21 or 22 this improves us giving us 2 picks in the 20's doesn't hurt the Lions they land a player they want plus gives them some points for academy players. (Rockliff is staying in Brisbane to see out his contract will be a restricted free agent end of next season)

WHE we can land fairly easily for a future second or third round pick. Like you said salary cap pressure there will help us.

Witts 44 seems a little unders considering his age and upside so pick 44 to us plus we exchange picks our 28 for there 26 improves us slightly and doesn't hurt them at all

Williams been little interest shown in him I'm guessing his off field issues have become common knowledge around the clubs so we won't be getting much here. Maybe we can send him somewhere for a future 3rd pick that we could use for points landing father sons this season without hurting our draft options next year.

Marsh from what I'm reading and hearing he may not be interested in playing football next year. I doubt either western Australian club have a need for him unless he comes cheap. But he is contracted so we hold the whip handle in many ways. Maybe we just need to sit the kid down and see what we can work out getting him home a bit more often or his family to Melbourne more often and see if we can't make things easier on him. Would rather we keep him than see him go honestly. Failing that working send him home for a further future 3rd round selection or exchange of future picks to position is better

Don't think we I'll be landing more than WHE and Dunn today and hopefully we improve our draft positions with some creative swaps
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:39 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Rush Stand Wing wrote:

Glad he did not Choose Us
I call that claim bullshit. That would be his manager pushing for a deal.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:25 am

To Collingwood my following wish list:
Thank you for Wells and Mayne but I want more
Another key defender besides Dunn. Richards or Silvagni will do
We reserve pick 28 in the national draft for a KPP
Use lower pick or future pick for WHE
Use the combination of picks from trading Witts, Cloke and Frost for points needed for Daicos and Brown
Book Williams into weekly sessions at the local physiologicist to get his head right for next year
Can Buckley divert his flight back from the States, to Perth and bring back Marsh on the same plane
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:44 am

Dekka will earn his coin today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: