Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Farewell Marley Williams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:56 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
I don't understand why so many posters feel a need to be nasty about Marley Williams?

He played for us & good luck to him. He had a great attitude while playing, did not have any pre-season this year & is not as poor as so many seem to suggest.

Thanks for playing for the Pies & good luck in your future.

I agree

I did t want to give him a second chance, but by gees he proved me wrong. Kept his head down and worked his arse off. Wish we gad persisted with him. I still don't understand why we just let go so many back men. Be interesting g to see the line up.

But gees that melt is funny to read!

I think we here on nicks were not the only ones noticing how important disposing of the ball has become. Williams, Brown and Frost were the three worst ball users in the team. We brought in wells, Hoskin-Elliot and Mayne and Dunn. Take a look at the quality of their disposal by foot.

For all of the good qualities that Marley possesses (I just love his grunt and toughness), he butchered the ball far too often and only has one side. sadly, this skill has become so important in the modern game that it needs to be a given or the rest of your skills don't count for as much.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:43 pm

IF Marley had been a quality kick, hed still be with us for sure. At the end of the day, his disposal was erratic and over the shop, whereas now we have two more elite kickers, Wells and Hockinelliott.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:36 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
IF Marley had been a quality kick, hed still be with us for sure. At the end of the day, his disposal was erratic and over the shop, whereas now we have two more elite kickers, Wells and Hockinelliott.

Agree 100%.

I wish him all the best in the future but if we are to improve as a team we certainly need to improve our accuracy by foot

Invigoration 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:28 pm

watt price tully wrote:
I don't understand why so many posters feel a need to be nasty about Marley Williams?

He played for us & good luck to him. He had a great attitude while playing, did not have any pre-season this year & is not as poor as so many seem to suggest.

I'd say it's mostly because the bloke is an absolute grub and he pissed away the repeated chances he was given. Just a guess though.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:10 pm

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

I agree

I did t want to give him a second chance, but by gees he proved me wrong. Kept his head down and worked his arse off. Wish we gad persisted with him. I still don't understand why we just let go so many back men. Be interesting g to see the line up.

And did Marley prove you wrong? We don't know what has happened off the field, but there is a reason the club had decided he couldn't continue at Collingwood and that almost no other teams would touch him. I'm not going to speculate on that, but we shouldn't act as if the club simply decided to delist a player who was doing everything right. On the field, he had a good 2015 but a poor 2016.

In the end Marley played some good games and some poor ones. We have plenty to play his position, too many really, so I doubt the loss is going to be felt.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:12 pm

Invigoration wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

I'd say it's mostly because the bloke is an absolute grub and he pissed away the repeated chances he was given. Just a guess though.

How is Marley Williams "an absolute grub"?

What's he done to deserve that description?

What facts do you have to inform your opinion?

Please don't mention the incident in Albany those years ago.

What has he done since that makes you refer to him like that?

How has Williams "pissed away" chances the club has given him?

I'm not asking to have an argument I'm trying to understand what motivates a poster to make such accusations.

I don't use social media apart in terms of twitter or Facebook. Has he been using those sites that makes you describe him so disparagingly?

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:59 am

Some of the statements made about Williams are simply spiteful. The facts are his form was shite, he was going to be delisted and the club assisted him gaining a position at Norf. Move on.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:03 am

I heard that he had another player by the throat during the player review sessions, the ones formulated by Leading teams where players provide honest feedback to each other.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:02 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

I agree

And did Marley prove you wrong? We don't know what has happened off the field, but there is a reason the club had decided he couldn't continue at Collingwood and that almost no other teams would touch him. I'm not going to speculate on that, but we shouldn't act as if the club simply decided to delist a player who was doing everything right. On the field, he had a good 2015 but a poor 2016.

In the end Marley played some good games and some poor ones. We have plenty to play his position, too many really, so I doubt the loss is going to be felt.

He didn't prove me right.

Mate I'm a little over this blame game! Preseason there was nothing wrong with our skills, read the posts. Then we hit the real thing. And yet we beat the cats, ran the Hawks/umpire and bulldog/umpire combos down to the line, but then couldn't beat Richmond or Carlton!

The whole backline was shit for a lot of the year. There was good bits, Howe was good, Brownie could still stop a few players. Why why why are our kick ins so dumb! Why are skills not improving. maybe if the backline didn't have to do so much work they would look better!the ball is always there, that's not a good thing. And the forwardline, oh for a player that can come in mark, kick, bang. Looks like Moore could be that player, but we need to protect his body til he's strong enough. Why why why do we make kicking a goal so hard! And still, we beat the cats. And ran the premiers and ex premiers to the wire! What was different? The style of play I say!

Basically I'm sayin we were notshit this year because Marley played in the backline! He's gone, don't know why. Luckily his position is not onethats massively hard to fill. So let him go. No I won't do that when he plays us, but the rest of the time why not? I'm certainly not calling him a flog.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:03 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
I heard that he had another player by the throat during the player review sessions, the ones formulated by Leading teams where players provide honest feedback to each other.

I heard that he grabbed Michael Clarke.
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:24 pm

*shrug* just wasn't good enough. Tried hard and had a dip and was pretty good one on one but his decision making and disposal efficiency just weren't up to what we need them to be.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:39 pm

Love his intent and attack.

Was badly exposed by having absolutely no right side.

I still think he will have a decent career,
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:43 pm

Is that what you think?
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:59 pm

What'sinaname wrote:

I thought that only happened at Brisbane?!

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
I heard that he grabbed Michael Clarke.

Marley Katich?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:19 pm

What'sinaname wrote:

At least we've given Leading Teams the arse too. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16   

Jump to: