Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

James Stewart

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:39 am
Post subject: James StewartReply with quote

Looks like he has requested a trade. Do we take him this time?
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:14 pm
Post subject: Re: James StewartReply with quote

Pebbles Rocks wrote:

I can't imagine he'd want to come to Collingwood. His old man seemed pretty annoyed at the club for telling him he wasn't going to be drafted in the middle of his VCE exams.

But yes, they should go after him.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming Brown goes to the Roos, I tend to think we have a greater need for a KP defender, given current our tall forward stocks of Moore, Cox and White.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:39 pm

Pebbles Rocks wrote:

No idea. Like most on this site, I don't know enough about him so any opinion would be meaningless. When I think of him I recall his father towelling up Bruce Doull in a final at the G. Sentimentality shouldn't come into the decision though.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:52 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6It9pI1-4OI

Check his goal kicking technique. Like.

http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Ratings/Player/116878/James-STEWART

Get him.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:04 pm

Cam wrote:

Get him.

Thanks for the link.
Still unsure though as that was a couple of years ago playing against boys.
Different when they grow up.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:05 pm

Cam wrote:

Get him.

On second thought, get him. Cool
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:06 pm

Pebbles Rocks wrote:

Is there a source?

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:22 pm

There's been talk that Stewart could be used as part of a deal involving Tomlinson to go to the scum. Gws are playing hardball and want high first rounders though so we'll see what happens.

As for him and his old man being annoyed that we didn't take him in the first place and disrupted his exams. he would've been disappointed anyway regardless and complained that we didn't tell them because we didn't pick him. So you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:39 pm

My view is we are out of the market in obtaining Stewart and he will be a Blue. As far as not picking him up and the family being upset. His form didn't warrant using the earlier pick in the draft. Do I rate him as walk up start into our 2017 lineup? No. The club no doubt hoped he would get through to a late selection and it didn't. He cannot break into the Senior side at GWS and that may have happened if we selected him and one could suggest that if he was at Collingwood he could be heading to GWS in a trade. That's football.
Medieval 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:54 pm

Ideally, we would get Marchbank and Stewart. Not sold on Hoskin-Elliott. We aren't a big chance to get either, given that Marchbank has already nominated Carlton and we didn't take Stewart earlier.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:16 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
Pebbles Rocks wrote:

I can't imagine he'd want to come to Collingwood. His old man seemed pretty annoyed at the club for telling him he wasn't going to be drafted in the middle of his VCE exams.

But yes, they should go after him.

Didn't his old man play for two Clubs?!? I guess James can too... and as they say, better late then never Wink
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:59 pm

Culprit wrote:
My view is we are out of the market in obtaining Stewart and he will be a Blue. As far as not picking him up and the family being upset. His form didn't warrant using the earlier pick in the draft. Do I rate him as walk up start into our 2017 lineup? No. The club no doubt hoped he would get through to a late selection and it didn't. He cannot break into the Senior side at GWS and that may have happened if we selected him and one could suggest that if he was at Collingwood he could be heading to GWS in a trade. That's football.

In fairness to the Stewart family, I think their beef with Collingwood was not that they overlooked him in the draft, but rather, that after giving him the impression he would be a father/son selection, the club waited until he was in the middle of his VCE exams to drop it to him that he would not be selected. Without knowing the facts, it seems like we could have handled it better.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:09 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Culprit wrote:

In fairness to the Stewart family, I think their beef with Collingwood was not that they overlooked him in the draft, but rather, that after giving him the impression he would be a father/son selection, the club waited until he was in the middle of his VCE exams to drop it to him that he would not be selected. Without knowing the facts, it seems like we could have handled it better.
I hear ya Rudeboy and in saying that, dealing with players over the years in the TAC system I have had to sit them down and tell them that nothing is a given. Clubs talk to you and give you the perception that they may select you. Reality is you may or may not be selected. The only player in my lifetime that I have seen a club come out and say yes we will pick you up is Port with Robbie Gray. Mark Williams talked to him and his family and stated that the club wanted him and was he willing to move to SA and if he did they would go out of their way to get his family over including flights and accommodation and tickets to games and functions. The rest of the clubs including Collingwood are very general in how they deal with players unless they have a top 10 selection and that player will go in the top 10. I don't think there is an easy way as you are picking from a pool. You like player D but all of a sudden player B comes up which you rate higher and you will go with player B. It's easy to sit on the outside but there is a lot more too it. That's just my opinion the way I see it and people will differ no doubt
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:13 pm

Culprit wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Culprit wrote:

I hear ya Rudeboy and in saying that, dealing with players over the years in the TAC system I have had to sit them down and tell them that nothing is a given. Clubs talk to you and give you the perception that they may select you. Reality is you may or may not be selected. The only player in my lifetime that I have seen a club come out and say yes we will pick you up is Port with Robbie Gray. Mark Williams talked to him and his family and stated that the club wanted him and was he willing to move to SA and if he did they would go out of their way to get his family over including flights and accommodation and tickets to games and functions. The rest of the clubs including Collingwood are very general in how they deal with players unless they have a top 10 selection and that player will go in the top 10. I don't think there is an easy way as you are picking from a pool. You like player D but all of a sudden player B comes up which you rate higher and you will go with player B. It's easy to sit on the outside but there is a lot more too it. That's just my opinion the way I see it and people will differ no doubt

Tru dat. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7   

Jump to: