Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Gubby Allen accepts 12-month anti-doping ban (and resigns)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's sounding more and more like a season of Breaking Bad......from worse to worse.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:18 pm

3rd degree wrote:
Word around the traps is Choco Williams will take over his role.

Yes but, Chocco is a great footballer! But doesn't quite have the pace for the modern game.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:49 pm

Before some start screaming that the sky is falling lets look at what has been reported.

ASADA have been aware of the case for months. Their only response so far is to ask the AFL to investigate and establish if any rules have been contravened. If there were any ASADA rules that had been obviously contravened you would think that they would have laid charges by now.

The AFL have investigated this for some time and no charges have been laid. Before taking the matter further they need to establish what rules have been contravened and also be in a position where they can categorically prove that these rules have been broken. Having a good idea of what occurred and proving this in a court are two very different things.

Also remember that all this has come to light and much is based upon the statements made by a jilted girlfriend. From a legal perspective you would think that she would not make the best witness and other supporting facts or evidence would need to be produced to support her version of events to even get close to a conviction

Gubby has already appointed very highly qualified and effective legal council. The AFL know that they will need a very compelling case to go forward otherwise they will lose on appeal which would be the last thing they would want or could afford to happen.

I would suggest we all sit back and watch what evolves for here before be castigate or condemn any individuals or organisations.

The last thing that either the AFL or ASADA need is another screw up that makes them look even more incompetent.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:14 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Also remember that all this has come to light and much is based upon the statements made by a jilted girlfriend. ........

You're accepting as fact that it is the statement of a jilted girlfriend. That is an allegation, indeed tactic to discredit the source & to avoid the spotlight being on the behaviours of officials & a player of GWS at the time.

Indeed the issues at hand are the behaviours of the then GWS parties which obviously include Gubby.

To that extent we can fairly ask if Gubby is found guilty what then are the consequences if any for Eddie & Perty?

To ask such a question is not the same as saying the sky is falling but is asking quite legitimately what consequence ought they be facing?

To reduce the saga to a jilted girlfriend misses the point IMO & as Wilson quite rightly points out when in doubt balme the woman (BTW that was first pointed out by Michael Gleeson sone weeks or months ago - a sports journo who supports collingwood).

Last edited by watt price tully on Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:14 pm

Seriously the more I read of Caroline Wilson the more I think she should be banned from writing
How would she know the legal advice given to the AFL & ASADA ? Answer she wouldn't. She is just making statements that paint the worst case scenario for Collingwood.
It's yet another case of any story to damage Collingwood is a good story in her twisted eyes.
And also how to do hide from a surprise test ? You don't know when there coming that's the whole point of having surprise testing. So if Whitfield was hiding and a testing team arrived the onus is on the club to produce the player for testing. He was never hidden from a test because no test was missed and no official tester asked for him to be produced for a test.
So he's guilty of what exactly ?
Hiding from a jilted ex at the player welfare managers house
In a court this will be laughed out how can you hide from something you don't know might or could happen ? Her word is that of someone who has already made statements contradicting each other. Firstly she says she texted Gubby out of concern for his welfare then changes to emailed him then says spoke to him on the phone ? Maybe she did all maybe she did one or none no one knows again.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:45 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
It's sounding more and more like a season of Breaking Bad......from worse to worse.

I'd be more than happy with that quality of entertainment from our Pies! Best show ever!

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:05 pm

Damm I loved the girlfriend defence.

Was she overseas at the time ?

Not great for the hiding from her defence.

Lets hope she was due back at that time or here return flight details were unknown.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:07 pm

think positive wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

I'd be more than happy with that quality of entertainment from our Pies! Best show ever!

Yep my favourite show ever too. Drama and entertainment every episode. Just like Collingwood FC. Gubby better call Saul! LOL Or maybe he already has.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:19 pm

I know Caro loves to play blame the woman card and the woman as victim card.She's been doing that right throughout her career and she's doing it yet again here.But isn't it legitimate to question the motives of the ex girlfriend in this case?Would any ex girlfriend go the authorites and dob in their partner purely out of concern for their welfare,knowing that they could incur a four year ban for their revelations?Would anyone be that altruistic?It seems like a stretch,really,and it is something that shouldn't be dismissed out of hand simply because it doesn't fit the narrative.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:24 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
I know Caro loves to play blame the woman card and the woman as victim card.She's been doing that right throughout her career and she's doing it yet again here.But isn't it legitimate to question the motives of the ex girlfriend in this case?Would any ex girlfriend go the authorites and dob in their partner purely out of concern for their welfare,knowing that they could incur a four year ban for their revelations?Would anyone be that altruistic?It seems like a stretch,really,and it is something that shouldn't be dismissed out of hand simply because it doesn't fit the narrative.

Yeah but the problem is he moved house for 3 days and it appears that he has texted her that was to avoid a drug test.

I put forward months ago that the best defence would be the crazy gf defence, but it seems she was overseas.
Kind of blows the defence out of the water doesn't it ?

Maybe she had a crazy bff/sister/mother Smile
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:51 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

Yeah but the problem is he moved house for 3 days and it appears that he has texted her that was to avoid a drug test.

I put forward months ago that the best defence would be the crazy gf defence, but it seems she was overseas.

Yes but the point remains- if the tests are random and players don't know when testers will appear on their doorstep how can one knowingly be found guilty of avoiding them in advance?

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:13 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Also remember that all this has come to light and much is based upon the statements made by a jilted girlfriend. ........

You're accepting as fact that it is the statement of a jilted girlfriend. That is an allegation, indeed tactic to discredit the source & to avoid the spotlight being on the behaviours of officials & a player of GWS at the time.

The reason I noted that she was a jilted girlfriend is to place a question mark on the validity of her statements which in the circumstance is realistic. Were the statements made by the girlfriend a balanced and accurate reflection based upon her version of the truth. Alternatively could the statements be borne out of a vindictive and destructive attempt to harm her ex partner.

Even if the latter was the case she would at some point have to validate herself to the court and that is easier said than done. It is certainly not reasonable to find someone guilty based upon the version of events expounded by a jilted lover without corroborating evidence to back it up.

Indeed the issues at hand are the behaviours of the then GWS parties which obviously include Gubby.

Did these events actually occur in the circumstance and manner as described by the girlfriend? That is yet to be established. The majority of her statement may have been contrived and devious in nature.

To that extent we can fairly ask if Gubby is found guilty what then are the consequences if any for Eddie & Perty?

They took Gubby on face value and he supposedly assure them that there was no case to answer. I assume that they checked what they could of the information at hand and accepted Gubby's version on face value. Eddie and Perty have little to answer for IMO.

To ask such a question is not the same as saying the sky is falling but is asking quite legitimately what consequence ought they be facing?

The sky is falling reference was aimed at the what if hysterics which is a natural aspect of this board. If problems arise from this issue I am sure that the club have the resources in hand to manage it.

To reduce the saga to a jilted girlfriend misses the point IMO & as Wilson quite rightly points out when in doubt balme the woman (BTW that was first pointed out by Michael Gleeson sone weeks or months ago - a sports journo who supports collingwood).

There is never going to be a day that I place any weight on the opinion of Caro when it comes to anything Collingwood. Her motives and history speak for themselves.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:27 pm

September Zeros wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

Yes but the point remains- if the tests are random and players don't know when testers will appear on their doorstep how can one knowingly be found guilty of avoiding them in advance?

Not all tests are random.
If she was furious for some reason, which appears a given, and she is emailing Gubby/Lambert/the club it would be reasonable to assume she would try or at least threaten to email ASADA.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:00 pm

Reasonable scenario:
Now ex-GF: "Hey snookums, I miss my little Whitty-poos. Where have you been for 3 days?"
Whitfield: "Oh, um, my phone's been playing up. I couldn't dial out. Did you try to call me?"
Now ex-GF: "Yes, my little orange and charcoal love machine. I even called in at your place, but your weren't there. Where were you?"
Whitfield: "Um, ah, yes. Ummm - drug testing. Yes - that's it. We were, ahhh, warned a drug tester was on the way and we had to ahhh, hide out at Lambo's".
Now ex-GF: "OK. I guess PEDs might explain your performance on and off the field, but if I find out you've been hanging around with the tramp Jessica again, I'm going straight to ASADA."
Whitfield: (Thinks: "Shit, that was a terrible idea, but it was all I had). No, no sweetums, you can call Gubby and ask. Just let me call him and warn him, um remind him who you are...."

Unlikely scenario:
Unknown, incredibly well-placed source: "Gubby, Whitfield will be tested sometime in the next 3 days. You better hide him somewhere ASADA can't find him..."
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:15 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Reasonable scenario:
Now ex-GF: "Hey snookums, I miss my little Whitty-poos. Where have you been for 3 days?"
Whitfield: "Oh, um, my phone's been playing up. I couldn't dial out. Did you try to call me?"
Now ex-GF: "Yes, my little orange and charcoal love machine. I even called in at your place, but your weren't there. Where were you?"
Whitfield: "Um, ah, yes. Ummm - drug testing. Yes - that's it. We were, ahhh, warned a drug tester was on the way and we had to ahhh, hide out at Lambo's".
Now ex-GF: "OK. I guess PEDs might explain your performance on and off the field, but if I find out you've been hanging around with the tramp Jessica again, I'm going straight to ASADA."
Whitfield: (Thinks: "Shit, that was a terrible idea, but it was all I had). No, no sweetums, you can call Gubby and ask. Just let me call him and warn him, um remind him who you are...."

Unlikely scenario:
Unknown, incredibly well-placed source: "Gubby, Whitfield will be tested sometime in the next 3 days. You better hide him somewhere ASADA can't find him..."

The problem is not really about what did or did not happen, but whether Gubby told fibs about it, including the deletion of test messages. Hopefully he's been up front and honest about it all from the start. If not, then he's in deep shit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 5 of 24   

Jump to: