Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What is Driving me up the Wall is....

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:39 pm
Post subject: What is Driving me up the Wall is....Reply with quote

Something this Trade Period that has been Really Pissing Me Off

Is the Total Negativity at our Recruit. Espically Mayne and the Very High Chance of Dunn Trade.

These Guys have not even played 1 Game in the Black and White and Deserve at least given a Chance to show what they can do.

People may be right and Both don't make it but let them play a few games for the Club 1st

mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:41 pm
Post subject: Re: What is Driving me up the Wall is....Reply with quote

Fair call Dave. As I have posted all along, I believe Mayne will be very good for us.

If we do end up with Dunn, as Brett Anderson said on SEN, he is an upgrade on the two defenders we are losing, so I am happy if this occurs.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:45 pm

Agree with you DTM, their just opinions just let em be. Time will tell, and lets see what Mayne and whoever we bring in can do before judging them. Personally I think Mayne is a good get, He was one major cogs in that defensive structure Freo were famous for a few years back.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayne and Wells are much better players than Dunn. Dunn will fill a role that we lack since Brown and Frost have been moved on. All three should play in our best 22 next year and have cost us next to nothing. That's all you can say until we see them in action next season.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:28 pm

What's really pissing me off Dave is all these so called supporters slagging off on Browny Clokey Frosty and Marshy amongst others.

The facts are the Doggies are snapping up Cloke, the Saints couldn't believe their luck when North couldn't take Browny.

What is clearly obvious is these players don't want to be at Collingwood and have been unhappy for some time, despite playing a lot of senior footy.

Anyone who thinks we don't have harmony issues that are again causing great harm is Deeluuuuuusional.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:34 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
What's really pissing me off Dave is all these so called supporters slagging off on Browny Clokey Frosty and Marshy amongst others.

The facts are the Doggies are snapping up Cloke, the Saints couldn't believe their luck when North couldn't take Browny.

What is clearly obvious is these players don't want to be at Collingwood and have been unhappy for some time, despite playing a lot of senior footy.

Anyone who thinks we don't have harmony issues that are again causing great harm is Deeluuuuuusional.

Snapping up Cloke, it is the 9th day of the trade period and the deal isn't done yet.

Saints couldn't believe their luck - we don't get any compensation their offer was so low.

Frost - read above as per Cloke.

Marsh - agree he is a loss if he goes.

Keep blaming it all on Bucks, there is only one person that is delusional.
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:48 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:

Laughing If the Saints couldn't believe their luck that North didn't snap up Brown then they mustn't have watched him play for a few years, he was terrible this season. Cloke has been ratshit for about 18-20 months now too. Frost is decent enough but he's nothing special. The only one I wish we weren't losing was Marsh and that's hardly the end of the world anyway.

I don't have a dog in this 'Bucks in v Bucks out' crap, but if people are 'so called supporters' for slagging off players who haven't performed for years how are you any different for slagging off an under-performing coach? Rolling Eyes
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:05 pm

I am in the same camp regarding Buckley, not on either side of that fight but find it funny that someone will bitch about the slagging off of players but will keep on slagging off the coach blaming him for everything.

If Brown was really worth anything North would have thrown an offer his way instead they opted for compo.

Cloke's value is clearly nothing now since the Dogs only want him as backup provided his plays for almost nothing special. Whereas Collingwood want him to stay and want him to play his best, but he has to go through the VFL. But he would rather do that on less money at the Dogs. I guess the lure of a VFL flag for them is too much.

Marsh I hope we keep.

Frost, I liked but not sure about him long term, would keep him if we cannot get a good deal otherwise, not too fussed.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:12 pm

For me it is the lack of recent premierships.
daicos from the boundry 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:05 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

Is the Total Negativity at our Recruit. Espically Mayne and the Very High Chance of Dunn Trade.

These Guys have not even played 1 Game in the Black and White and Deserve at least given a Chance to show what they can do.

People may be right and Both don't make it but let them play a few games for the Club 1st
i like the positive Dave better. The only player we have lost that was playing regular seniors this year is Brown. Marsh in and out only really broke into the side in the second half. Cloke, Frost, Macaffer Witts and Toovey played mostly in the twos. Swan didn't play all year. So far we have added Wells and Mayne who in my opinion will give more to the side than the above. Were always going to be behind the 8 ball this year due to the first rounder given to GWS for Treloar.
The real question should be we need to develop our own list better as I think the better players in our side are the ones that we have traded in recently. The improvement will come from those boys already on the list. The players that get traded in should be cream on top. Needs base not superstars. Unless you trade 2 first rounders like Treloar.

surfer1 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:26 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

You should post this if you haven't on BF great post Dave😀😀😀😀😀
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:29 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

Snapping up Cloke, it is the 9th day of the trade period and the deal isn't done yet.

Saints couldn't believe their luck - we don't get any compensation their offer was so low.

Frost - read above as per Cloke.

Marsh - agree he is a loss if he goes.

Keep blaming it all on Bucks, there is only one person that is delusional.

We are not eligible for any compensation because we took Wells.

O'Meara and Hibberd aren't done either. Your clueless rebuttals are worthless, as are most of your repetitive posts.

I didn't even mention the coach, but isn't it interesting your brilliant mind led you down that path.
Maybe you are right - maybe it has something to do with the coach - hmmm.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:40 pm

Incorrect re 1st point - The AFL stated the defender's age and length of contract were the reasons that no compensation was awarded. Nothing at all to do with Wells.

O'Meara and Hibberd will actually contribute to their new teams in 2017.

All your posts are about the coach, they have been since I have been reading this forum and they have been since I have been posting on this forum.

The club is bigger than one or two persons and if you can't see that we are better off without Cloke and Brown, then your understanding of football is actually less than I thought it was and I already thought your knowledge of football would fit on a postage stamp with a hell of a lot of room to spare.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:59 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:

Laughing Turn it up, both frost and brown are goal leakers, brown has not played a decent game in two seasons, the saints are more than welcome too him. But keep the doom and gloom coming, is your stock in trade, so why change now. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:26 am

For me its that we get guffawed at when we sign two players (28 and 31) as free agents, but when Melbourne trade for Lewis (30) its seen as this big heroic move.

Then we have people all year bag the crap out of Macaffer, Toovey, Brown, Frost, Gault, Cloke and Williams, but when they retire or we F them off, they still complain.

The last thing is the "tall defender crisis". So we've f'd off Brown and Frost. Is that really a crisis? Maybe we should have held on to one of them, but we're not talking about AA players here. Both can be replaced, even if only with short term fillers for now.

Overall its just the negative press or points of view we always get. It happened last year when we got Treloar, Howe and Aish too. It just seems that no matter what it is we do, theres always going to be a negative spin put on it by the media, by opposition supporters and sadly some of our own supporters.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: