Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Live Best 22

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised so many people have included Von Scharenberg in their best 22.

I hope the kid does well for us given the expectations that have accompanied him & his high draft selection and his awful run of injuries: bilateral foot operations & two knees reco's.

I thought he lacked a yard when I saw him & hope this won'e be the case & hope he makes it.

However, the young man has a lot to go through before he could be considered in my best 22 so far.

Number 35 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:30 pm

Nobody adding Jet Thomas? Very interesting. Kid is going to be a gun. No question
Number 35 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:36 pm

Extremely fast can run and link with treloar varcoe wells.. Good user of the ball.. Goal kicker who can add 20-30 goals.. Won our best first year player 2013.. Had multiple performances where he racked over 30 touches and 2-3 goals in his first and second year with us. I was shattered when i heard he would be missing for 2 years. I remember thinking back then that this Jet Thomas has potential to be better than Daisy was for us!!!
Number 35 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:39 pm

Hopefully Pendles gets back to top 3 AFL form. Treloar Crisp Aish and Degoey should improve. Adding Wells and Jet is going to give us a scary good midfield. Along with Greenwood Adams Varcoe etc. We can afford to play Steele in the forward line
Captain_MyCaptain Leo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:46 pm

Some very good 'best 22' put up here but really it's anybody's guess.
I just really want to see Bucks fix our bloody backline!!!!
Get a monster in at FB. Someone every forward hate playing on.
I.E. Best available.

oh yeah, and stop leaking goals!!!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:48 pm

Captain_MyCaptain wrote:
Some very good 'best 22' put up here but really it's anybody's guess.
I just really want to see Bucks fix our bloody backline!!!!
Get a monster in at FB. Someone every forward hate playing on.
I.E. Best available.

oh yeah, and stop leaking goals!!!

Not leaking goals at the back will be especially important, given that the plan seems to be to play with a decoy forward-line and Moore.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:38 pm
Post subject: Re: Live Best 22 - as free agency rumors are confirmedReply with quote

E wrote:
ok, time to build our dream 22. All players will be back from injury and all of the trades that are rumored will happen and guys who took drugs come back bigger and better than ever. At least until they don't. Here is my best 22 for round 1. It is a scary good team:

Howe [FB open] Ramsey
Langdon Reid Scharenberg
Sidebottom Adams Varcoe
Mayne White Aish
Faz Moore DeGoey

Grundy, Pendles, Treloar

Hoskin-Elliot, Wells, Broomhead, Elliot?

Who did I miss who deserves a game?

Surely Elliott gets a game ahead of Mayne, who's stats this year were almost identical to J Blair.

Wells on the field before Varcoe, who was disappointing for mine

Far as I am aware Brown is still on our list and the best full back option.

Is that forward line too small? Does White back up Grundy but Grundy rests up forward under the aforementioned scenario?

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:44 pm

B: Ramsay Marsh Howe
HB: Scharenberg Reid Maynard
C: Crisp Adams Varcoe
HF: Aish Moore Elliott
F: Fasolo Cox Sidebottom

R: Grundy Treloar Pendlebury
Int: White Broomhead De Goey Greenwood
Emerg: Keefe, Smith, Sinclair

This leaves our defence a bit on the small side: you'd expect Keefe or Brown to come in for sides with a gorilla forward. Marsh and Reid are both a bit slight to be genuine key defenders, but Brown is too slow these days, Frost has apparently been traded to bloody Brisbane (Frostie is still developing, he'll bulk up and play 150 for them, damnit!) and Keeffe v Marsh is line ball. Reid will be injured half the year as usual, so perhaps that doesn't matter so much. Howe stays back where he belongs.

Our attack, on the other hand, looks fantastic. If we can really line them up that way, assuming Cox comes on and Elliott is ever fit, that is an all-star attack capable of tearing any side a new one. Notice that White is selected on the back of his outstanding second half of the year. If he continues to play like that, he'd get a spot in any side.

Smith very unlucky to miss.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:58 pm

Number 35 wrote:
Nobody adding Jet Thomas? Very interesting. Kid is going to be a gun. No question

I have lot of Questions on Josh

Number 35 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:43 am

which are?
Number 35 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:52 am

Langdon Scharenberg Howe
Adams Reid Maynard
Wells Thomas Varcoe
Fasolo Moore Steele
Elliot Mayne HoskinElliot
Grundy Pendlebury Treloar

Depth : Keefe Ramsay Marsh Crisp Aish Cox Greenwood De Goey White Frost Broomhead Smith Sinclair Daicos Brown AND possibly Sam Reid

cityslick1 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:42 am

Ramsay White Maynard
Howe Reid Scharenberg
Sidebottom Pendles Crisp
Hoskin-Eilliot [insert Trade] Mayne
Fasolo Moore Elliott

Grundy Treloar Adams

De Goey Aish Wells Broomhead

Emg: Geeenwood, Cox, Marsh, Keefe, Smith, Goldsack, Phillips, Wills, Thomas, Sinclair

Trade: Witts, Frost, Brown, Williams
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:53 am

Best 22 players, based on the list at present and excluding the guys who are definitely not going to be at Collingwood next year), now are:

Pendlebury
Grundy
Reid
Moore
Langdon
Sidebottom
Brown
Treloar
Ramsay
Howe
Maynard
Adams
Smith
Aish
Elliott
Fasolo
De Goey
Keeffe
Crisp
Blair
Marsh
Varcoe

The problems at the moment are, I think, that a few of those guys haven't been regulars in 2015 because of injury or stupidity (Langdon, Elliott, Ramsay, Keeffe) and that, for team balance, some other lads who aren't within a bull's roar of being finals-standard players have been running around in the seniors most weeks.

I suppose the lineup of that 22 would be:

Ramsay Brown Keeffe
Maynard Reid Langdon
Aish Sidebottom Howe
Elliott Moore Varcoe
Blair Fasolo De Goey

Smith Marsh Adams Crisp

In the short term, Wells would dramatically improve that lineup, as would a CHF or 3rd forward/ruck and a quick, classy, small (but not too small) forward. There are quite a few other spots where an upgrade would be good, not least because, statistically, the list will always be carrying a few long-term injuries. There are also some players I would hope to see come on (Scharenberg, Wills, Phillips, Cox) and, presumably, we'll recruit some talent we don't know about, yet.

It also appears that the preferred team will probably include at least 3 players (Greenwood, White and also, it would seem, Mayne) who will be on significant contracts but that I wish were not on the list, let alone in the starting 22 most weeks.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:36 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

I suppose the lineup of that 22 would be:

Ramsay Brown Keeffe
Maynard Reid Langdon
Aish Sidebottom Howe
Elliott Moore Varcoe
Blair Fasolo De Goey

Smith Marsh Adams Crisp

In the short term, Wells would dramatically improve that lineup, as would a CHF or 3rd forward/ruck and a quick, classy, small (but not too small) forward. There are quite a few other spots where an upgrade would be good, not least because, statistically, the list will always be carrying a few long-term injuries. There are also some players I would hope to see come on (Scharenberg, Wills, Phillips, Cox) and, presumably, we'll recruit some talent we don't know about, yet.

It also appears that the preferred team will probably include at least 3 players (Greenwood, White and also, it would seem, Mayne) who will be on significant contracts but that I wish were not on the list, let alone in the starting 22 most weeks.

That's an interesting team. Only 1 tall forward and no back up in the ruck unless Keeffe plays that role.

If our midfield was able to hit leading targets in the forward line, that forward line could do major damage. If we kicked long in hope we'd be lucky to score 1 goal per quarter against any half decent defensive unit.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:03 pm

Form injury trades draft picks will all influence our best 22
We've all got high hopes Elliott and Scharenberg get back but there is no guranantee on either really
Looking at our supposed trade targets Wells WHE Mayne we are looking to add run (Wells) a hybrid type marking forward (WHE) and a manic pressure forward (Mayne)
For mine if we were 100% certain on Elliott we wouldn't be chasing WHE or Mayne so heavily as we a really have Faz there as well.
With Frost & Brown appearing to be both being traded away (don't get that) it seems we are going for a very mobile mid size backline that needs to be very good readers of the ball and skillful to boot.
So based on that my 22 would be (assuming everyone is fit and healthy and in decent form)

B Ramsay. Marsh. Howe
HB Scharenberg. Reid. Varcoe
C Aish Wells Trelaor
HF Mayne WHE Elliot
F Sidebttom Moore DeGoey
R Grundy Adams Pendles

Int White Mayanrd Greewood Crisp

Thomas Keefe Blair Smith Fasalo Langdon Phillips Wills Sinclair Broomhead
All add good depth
Couldn't have Elliott WHE Fasalo all in the same side for mine to similar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: