Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Farewell Jarryd Witts

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:27 pm
Post subject: Gold Coast eyeing off Witts for pick 24 or 27Reply with quote

As mentioned previously it seemed either Gold Coast or GWS were the most likely suitors for Jarrod Witts. With the plethora of draft picks that the Suns have, and Eade's penchant for players instead, a trade looks likely.

Would be great if we could get the Suns to stump up something a tad earlier such as either:

* 21 OR

Maybe package Blair in and we could ask for pick 8! Very Happy

slangman 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

A Witts and Oxley (Queenslander) package would boost our chances of getting a first round pick from either Brisbane or GC.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:43 pm

Suns have draft picks to burn, considering what's been paid for rucks in the past, I'd push hard for a first round pick. See how much they want him.

IMHO he's a required player, so they have to satisfy us. It's not a fire sale.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:45 pm

^^An out of contract "required" player unfortunately. One who only played 2 games in 2016. We should have traded him last year, would have had a stronger negotiating position.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:56 pm

Unfortunately they have pick 4, 8 then next pick is 21, 22, 24, 27 so don't think we can get a first round pick. Pick 21 may put us in a position to snare a KPP such as:

* Josh Battle
* Griffin Logue
* Patrick Kerr

Won't happen at pick 27+

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:57 pm

What did we pay Brisbane for Cam Wood?

No 1 ruck in waiting, we shouldn't sell him cheap. I'd prefer to keep him as I reckon he'll pass Grundy within 2 years.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:00 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Unfortunately they have pick 4, 8 then next pick is 21, 22, 24, 27 so don't think we can get a first round pick. Pick 21 may put us in a position to snare a KPP such as:

* Josh Battle
* Griffin Logue
* Patrick Kerr

Won't happen at pick 27+

Don't forget, they have O'mearea and someone else (Pretia?) they're selling who're worth first round picks plus.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:09 pm

stui magpie wrote:
What did we pay Brisbane for Cam Wood?

No 1 ruck in waiting, we shouldn't sell him cheap. I'd prefer to keep him as I reckon he'll pass Grundy within 2 years.

I agree. Round one pick & nothing less - even if spruced up with another player. & other fiddling ...etc

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:10 pm

inxs88 wrote:

* Josh Battle
* Griffin Logue
* Patrick Kerr

Won't happen at pick 27+

Don't want those guys. If we could somehow turn Witts into Marchbank or another young KPP, I'd be ecstatic. Meh about drafting one.

E 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:17 pm

The kid is a very competent first ruck option who is coming into his prime years as a ruckman and would probably be doing just fine as our first ruck option, but for Grundy. He is being kept out of the team by perhaps the best young ruckman in the league. i don't think it hurts witts that there isnt room in the team for 2 first rucks in modern football.

I think the 60 plus taps he's been getting each week in the twos is quite compelling. Not sure if there is a better ruckman out there that isnt a regular first ruck and there must be at least 8 teams who dont have a quality first ruck. given that it takes 4-5 years to develop a ruckman i think GC would consider this move essential if their midfield fleet are going to have a chance to suceed.

I'd be shocked if there wasn't a deal that involves Witts to be done for that pick 8.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:39 pm

I'll pay half his new contract if somehow Gold Coast cough up pick 8!
E 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:42 pm

I'll pay half his new contract if somehow Gold Coast cough up pick 8![/quote]

I did say there was a deal to be done "involving Wiitts". If you look at history, good rucks go for pick 15-18

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:44 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

* Josh Battle
* Griffin Logue
* Patrick Kerr

Won't happen at pick 27+

Don't want those guys. If we could somehow turn Witts into Marchbank or another young KPP, I'd be ecstatic. Meh about drafting one.

Marchbank has two preseasons and a more mature body as such, so can see his appeal. That aside, securing Marchbank only would become possible if we parlayed 2 mid 20's picks to GWS to facilitate their points accrual for their "never ending Academy" picks.

From memory when our 2 second rounders were passed on for Aish last year, the cumulative points matched pick 8 equivalent. Given our likely acquisition of Hoskin Elliott, it makes our task more onerous.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:47 pm

E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
The kid is a very competent first ruck option who is coming into his prime years as a ruckman and would probably be doing just fine as our first ruck option, but for Grundy. He is being kept out of the team by perhaps the best young ruckman in the league. i don't think it hurts witts that there isnt room in the team for 2 first rucks in modern football.

I think the 60 plus taps he's been getting each week in the twos is quite compelling. Not sure if there is a better ruckman out there that isnt a regular first ruck and there must be at least 8 teams who dont have a quality first ruck. given that it takes 4-5 years to develop a ruckman i think GC would consider this move essential if their midfield fleet are going to have a chance to suceed.

I'd be shocked if there wasn't a deal that involves Witts to be done for that pick 8.

I'll pay half his new contract if somehow Gold Coast cough up pick 8!

I did say there was a deal to be done "involving Wiitts". If you look at history, good rucks go for pick 15-18

yeah but pick 8?? Are you proposing a swap of picks such as our existing 25 and Witts for their pick 8??

Dr Pie 

Dr Pie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:25 am

Stop talking about swapping a second round pick. We will need a second round pick to get Brown as a Father/son and a third round for young Daicos. You can be sure that other clubs will force us to bid those picks, partly because Brown and Daicos are apparently worth those picks and mostly because they don't want to make things easy for the Pies.

The reason why we should trade Witts is so that we can get a first round or another second round player. At this stage we need the round 2 pick we have already for Callum Brown.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14   

Jump to: