Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Old Saying

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot on.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:18 pm

Agreed.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:26 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
The Prototype wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
One of the greatest moments I have ever seen in any sport - Bevo handing his premiership medal to Bob.

I loved this moment, Bob is such a gentleman of the game and has a massive passion for the Dogs and embodies the spirit of them. It was good he was able to be handed the medal. I wish he was playing.

Bevo is clearly first class, and that was a great gesture by him.

I thought so too but he's been acting like a massive dick since then. He's not a premiership player, so he needs to recede into the background and let the players take centre stage. Every image I see is him holding up the cup.

Hes becoming almost as annoying as that utter flog luke darcy, who thinks he had something to do with it too. Look, if you aren't in the team, that's it, if you don't play on the day, you cant get the medal, end of story. Go and cry a river to leon davis, derek kickett and Ronnie McKeon, to name but a few, Mr bob murphy, your medal is tarnished, it belongs to the coach anyway. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:06 am

There are always hard-luck stories on Grand Final day, but I think the whole situation with Murphy has been overblown and become unprecedented in a way that hasn't been seen by other players who have missed out on playing in a premiership side.

It was a classy gesture by Luke Beveridge to hand over his medal to Murphy and acknowledge his loyal playing service to the club that exceeds more than a decade, but I think Murphy should have stayed in the background after that, but I suppose others will have different opinions on this topic.

Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:02 am

Murphy holding the cup with wood while bevo got shunted to the back was a disgrace.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:52 pm

Jezza wrote:
There are always hard-luck stories on Grand Final day, but I think the whole situation with Murphy has been overblown and become unprecedented in a way that hasn't been seen by other players who have missed out on playing in a premiership side.

It was a classy gesture by Luke Beveridge to hand over his medal to Murphy and acknowledge his loyal playing service to the club that exceeds more than a decade, but I think Murphy should have stayed in the background after that, but I suppose others will have different opinions on this topic.

100%

Think the very unselfish Presti

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:43 pm

Big T wrote:
Murphy holding the cup with wood while bevo got shunted to the back was a disgrace.

Oh Bevo decided to step back i think, still should have advanced to join them after a few seconds perhaps? The same way Judd motioned Cousins into the podium frame in 2006, after he was stripped of the captaincy?

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:32 am

I don't gaf if no one else agrees, Bob can suck shit, he wasn't playing in the GF therefore he gets nothing, deserves nothing & wtf does he do with a Coaches medal anyway?

What is this Junior Sports or Primary School where every fk'er gets an award?
This is what's wrong with society today, let's give every little annoying Johnny & Mary in the team/class an award 'cause God forbid they will run home sooking to their parents...

Murphy's ugly mug all over the TV brought my lunch back up...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:38 pm

Who saw the headlines claiming the "Western Bulldogs Grand Final team is saddest photograph in AFL history''? At least they have since changed the title.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/this-photo-of-the-western-bulldogs-celebrating-their-premiership-is-brutal/news-story/8a9ecf12246d17d8a697c0cecd6c5323

I noticed Bob Murphy walk behind the group photos during the telecast and my thoughts were how inconsiderate, especially when the other people like the guy presenting the medals, all went the other way to stay out of the way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: