Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We can be contenders in 2017, today's GF proves it

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are we any chance of competing next year?
Yes
64%
 64%  [ 32 ]
No
36%
 36%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 50

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the game and have seen the replay twice. Swans were SCREWED HARD by the umpires. That high/in danger call and subsequent 50 at the end of the second quarter was particularly hilarious.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:46 pm

Maybe... maybe not, I saw a free kick to Picken in the last quarter, round the neck, in front of goals... it wasn't paid - goes both ways.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:18 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
I was at the game and have seen the replay twice. Swans were SCREWED HARD by the umpires. That high/in danger call and subsequent 50 at the end of the second quarter was particularly hilarious.

Spot on. Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:43 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Maybe... maybe not, I saw a free kick to Picken in the last quarter, round the neck, in front of goals... it wasn't paid - goes both ways.

Son of Collingwood legend. What do you expect

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:55 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Hey, give us 17-4 free kicks for like the Dogs got late in the game yesterday, in a Final, and we are well on our way. !

This 100%

Yeah they played well, played hard, cheated honestly, (new duck style, chopping legs, clever throws) deserved the win, and boy did the AFL want this fairytale! Might have been different if it was GWS vs the Doggies!

Any team could win with that free kick line and don't forget at one stage it was 3-0 fifty metre penalties, that's three gimmegoals right there

Meanwhile hubby says he's getting a doggie tattoo

Just kill me now

Cannot wait for the next family gathering! Ugh

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:18 pm

think positive wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Hey, give us 17-4 free kicks for like the Dogs got late in the game yesterday, in a Final, and we are well on our way. !

This 100%

Yeah they played well, played hard, cheated honestly, (new duck style, chopping legs, clever throws) deserved the win, and boy did the AFL want this fairytale! Might have been different if it was GWS vs the Doggies!

Any team could win with that free kick line and don't forget at one stage it was 3-0 fifty metre penalties, that's three gimmegoals right there

Meanwhile hubby says he's getting a doggie tattoo

Just kill me now

Cannot wait for the next family gathering! Ugh

Tell Hubby he can only get a Tat if its done on his private parts, that might get him too change his mind. Razz Razz Laughing

Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:40 pm

Collingwood is paying 26-1 to win the flag next year. I am seriously contemplating just putting $1000 on them for next year and making that my only bet for the year. It will add to the drama of the 2017 season. And honestly why cant we do it?? As it stands we play good football against the best teams in the Comp. And if we can get a match against Sydney in Melb for once. A lil revenge would be sweet.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:50 pm

Its not like anyone is that far ahead of the comp anyway. Gws dont scare me. Neither do the Dogs or the Cats. If we have a good year with injuries. And players like sharenberg ramsay thomas keefe elliot can contribute were a real chance for top 4. Obviously we need the good start. Its encouraging that second half of the season we were the 2nd best team with disposal effeciency. With Treloar emerging and Aish and Crisp skills growing. Does Wells coming in mean were going to have the slickest midfield around? Maybe were in for an early suprise next year.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:50 pm

Its not like anyone is that far ahead of the comp anyway. Gws dont scare me. Neither do the Dogs or the Cats. If we have a good year with injuries. And players like sharenberg ramsay thomas keefe elliot can contribute were a real chance for top 4. Obviously we need the good start. Its encouraging that second half of the season we were the 2nd best team with disposal effeciency. With Treloar emerging and Aish and Crisp skills growing. Does Wells coming in mean were going to have the slickest midfield around? Maybe were in for an early suprise next year.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:58 pm

also i dont want to get too cocky but if we play a GF against Sydney GWS ot the Dogs at the MCG. Id like our chances. Just based of this year. Even next year i think our midfield will be too much for Cats and Hawks to handle.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:42 pm

The more I think about it, the less likely we can contend. We are still too unbalanced and even if we bring in players to balance the team, there will be no cohesion in year 1. We have no core team that has played a large number of games together.

We'll do well to make finals - that would mean getting some sort of consistency to wi about 12-13 games. That's a marked improvement over the last few years.

The forward line will have a whole new dynamic without Cloke and with Elliot back in. The players will need time to work out how to play with each other.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:12 pm

I reckon we should be right in contention next year.

The Dogs don't have a stand out team, it's very even, and even if they do back up and play well next year after the premiership hangover, their window is short with so many older players.

GWS will be right up there.

Hawthorn will need to reinvent again as their game plan doesn't hold up against constant pressure and speed anymore and the core that holds them together is nearly finished.

Swans will be back up thereabouts

Cats, hard to pick. Could hang on but I reckon they're on the start of the slide.

Norf will drop back

Wiggles, can't tell.

Melbourne and St Kilda are in a similar position to us, young teams coming through.

Adelaide and Port, Dunno.

Essendon will be a wildcard with their suspended players back.

I expect the battle for the final 8 to be similar to this year, with no stand out team and a very even spread from top to 10th spot.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:18 am

There is no such thing as back to back fairy tales, the dogs should make the finals, but that's it I reckon, they weill be a marked team from now on, all sides wlll lift against them, and they wont beat us twice again.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:40 am

^ Here's hoping 'cause I'm gonna have to stab my brother otherwise, he's starting to piss me right off!!!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:43 am

ANNODAM wrote:
^ Here's hoping 'cause I'm gonna have to stab my brother otherwise, he's starting to piss me right off!!!

I get that!!

So with the bye still happening, what will teams put on the line for top 4? It's still better re the double chance, but is it do or die last round? Did it make a difference for the bullies or not?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: