Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We can be contenders in 2017, today's GF proves it

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are we any chance of competing next year?
Yes
64%
 64%  [ 32 ]
No
36%
 36%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 50

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
Remember the Dogs started their rebuild after 2010 and finished 10th in 2011, 15th in 2012, 15th in 2013, 14th in 2014 before making the finals in 2015.

They went about it the right way, that is, they stripped their list right back and started again. To be successful this is what you need to do, take your medicine, rebuild and then give it another crack.

We have done it the right way and have done the hardwork and the rewards will be reaped. I for one hope that Bucks gets to reap the rewards for being unselfish.

Unfortunately, for Brendan McCartney he did a large majority of the work rebuilding the Dogs and won't get the credit he deserves. He taught them the defensive game that you saw be so successful today.

Rebuilds, top ups, slow burns and quick fixes ...there is no one way of doing things.
You really need to just make a call one way or the other.
Remember that Carlton banner....you know we are coming.
Well they fired a blank!
Don't be so certain about how things are done.

yeah, I remember Carlton after 2005 when they drafted Murphy with their No 1 pick all confident about how they were ahead of Collingwood, cos our picks that year were obviously rubbish.

Worked out well for them so far their No.1 picks.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:52 pm

think positive wrote:
This grand final proves the AFL is rigged

IF we have the umpires on our side, the way the Welfare did today, endless free kicks, sure we can be very competitive. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:17 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
Remember the Dogs started their rebuild after 2010 and finished 10th in 2011, 15th in 2012, 15th in 2013, 14th in 2014 before making the finals in 2015.

They went about it the right way, that is, they stripped their list right back and started again. To be successful this is what you need to do, take your medicine, rebuild and then give it another crack.

We have done it the right way and have done the hardwork and the rewards will be reaped. I for one hope that Bucks gets to reap the rewards for being unselfish.

Unfortunately, for Brendan McCartney he did a large majority of the work rebuilding the Dogs and won't get the credit he deserves. He taught them the defensive game that you saw be so successful today.

Then sacked the coach, got finals and a premiership in 2 years

So you agree, we should have sacked Buckley by now?
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:22 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

No I don't, but I may if we have a fair run with injuries and don't make the 8 with the list we have. By the way, if we have a fair run with injuries in 2017 we will be well inside the 8 and be there when the whips are cracking.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:29 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

No I don't, but I may if we have a fair run with injuries and don't make the 8 with the list we have. By the way, if we have a fair run with injuries in 2017 we will be well inside the 8 and be there when the whips are cracking.

Surely the Bulldogs winning the flag should put an end to any rubbish injury excuses? They seemed to cop it worse than any one and yet it didn't stop them...
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:30 pm

I thought the Dogs had important injuries this year!
But they are celebrating a flag.
Go figure that one!

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:31 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

Surely the Bulldogs winning the flag should put an end to any rubbish injury excuses? They seemed to cop it worse than any one and yet it didn't stop them...

I wonder what will be the 2017 excuse.
Global warming ????

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:34 pm

thompsoc wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

I wonder what will be the 2017 excuse.
Global warming ????

It's called climate change now. Laughing
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:49 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

We had many more injuries than we did. We had used 37 players by round 6, at round 15 they had used 36 and 39 by year end. Theirs were much more publicised than ours and ours were to more key structural players than theirs, Murphy excluded.

But, ignore them if it makes you feel better about bagging Buckley.

1st year of Bulldog rebuild they finished 10th, 2nd 15th, 3rd 15th, 4th 14th, 5th 6th and 6th flag.

Collingwood 1st yr rebuild 11th, 2nd year 12th, 3rd year 12th. Our upward trend will start in 2017 and I look forward to seeing what is posted by the posters on this site masquerading as Collingwood supporters, who regularly bag their club and coach.

Last edited by mooretreloar on Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:19 am; edited 2 times in total
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:55 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

They had many more injuries than we did. We had used 37 players by round 6, at round 15 they had used 36 and 39 by year end. Theirs were much more publicised than ours and ours were to more key structural players than theirs, Murphy excluded.

1st year of Bulldog rebuild they finished 10th, 2nd 15th, 3rd 15th, 4th 14th, 5th 6th and 6th flag.

Collingwood 1st yr rebuild 11th, 2nd year 12th, 3rd year 12th. Our upward trend will start in 2017 and I look forward to seeing what is posted by the posters on this site masquerading as Collingwood supporters, who regularly bag their club and coach.

You maybe right or you maybe wrong.
I have watched Bux for 5 years and I don't see much.
But I post as an opinion and not as a fact.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:12 am

Yes but in the years the WB finished lowly on the ladder, they used those picks wisely.

Why am I not confident of our picks?

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:21 am

mooretreloar wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

They had many more injuries than we did. We had used 37 players by round 6, at round 15 they had used 36 and 39 by year end. Theirs were much more publicised than ours and ours were to more key structural players than theirs, Murphy excluded.

Also, did it occur to you that our form improved in the 2nd half of the year because we didn't have 5 blokes in and 5 blokes out every week. We ended up only using 40 players for the year, so we were more stable and able to keep our structure after the bye, which allows the players to get used to playing with each other.
Thus, it is no surprise we were super competitive (even with a very depleted team) for 37 out of 40 quarters after the bye, winning 5 games, losing to the premiers by 3 points, the 3 time premiers in a row by a point, and competitive against the Crows. Not surpringly our 3 worst quarters were in our worst 2 losses after the bye against North (1st quarter was as bad as we played all year) and Richmond (2nd and 3rd quarter).
We showed after the bye we are good enough, we just need the key players to our structure available, which will contribute to our form being more consistent.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:43 am

ANNODAM wrote:
Yes but in the years the WB finished lowly on the ladder, they used those picks wisely.

Why am I not confident of our picks?

A team with Pendles, Sidey, Treloar, Adams, Crisp, Grundy, De Goey, Moore, Aish, Elliott, Fasolo, Reid and Howe as a nucleus is as good as any in the comp.
This is not including young players, injury permitting, who should develop into very good players in Ramsay, Scharenberg, Langdon and Broomhead.
Marsh, Maynard, Cox, Wills, Crocker, Smith and Phillips have shown they can all play and will only get better after another preseason.
Sinclair really improved in 2016 and concussion permitting he will continue to improve.
Add Wells and Mayne to Greenwood, Varcoe and White, we have at the minimum 5 experienced depth players.

I believe we will trade Witts and Williams and will lose one of Brown or Frost, hopefully Brown. Not sure about Blair, for mine he is surplus to requirements. Oxley has been discussed as maybe bring traded to a QLD team, I hope we keep him, as he is a nice size and uses the ball well.

Josh Daicos and Callum Brown will be added to the list and hopefully we also get Hoskin-Elliott, a former number 4 pick, who has talent to burn and hopefully he can transform that talent into becoming an elite player. He gets injured a lot and was this year and couldn't quite break into GWS's strong best 22.

So, I'm looking forward to 2017 with excitement, as I believe we have done the hard work in rebuilding and just need an ounce of luck with injuries to surge up the ladder.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:15 am

Larabee wrote:
Swans lucky to finish second today. They were flogged. And yes, looking forward to 2017 as pies and dogs play a similar style of game.

Is that so! Very Happy I thought Buckley couldn't coach...... and that sort of game plan is not a game plan. All this hand-balling and going straight up the centre and bombing the ball is a no game plan!! I'm confused because a no game plan just took home the flag!! The amazing thing is that "that the no game plan took on the best of all the final 7 and came up trumps all the time. Time for some of the "no game plan" experts to sing another song!
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:41 am

thompsoc wrote:
I thought the Dogs had important injuries this year!
But they are celebrating a flag.
Go figure that one!

Come finals time most of them came back only two important pieces missing of which one Murphy the other a tall forward who I can't remember his name (Redpath) plus Cramery! Johannason and Libba I'm sure were out there!

Last edited by Mossi on Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: