Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We can be contenders in 2017, today's GF proves it

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are we any chance of competing next year?
Yes
64%
 64%  [ 32 ]
No
36%
 36%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 50

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Welare did prove you don't need to make the double chance to get the flag, just so long as you hit peak form right on finals time, you get injured players back,-courtesy of the bye- and you get a good rub of the green from the umpires. Well, we never get a good go from the umps, but so long as we get the other two right, we could cause some mayhem come next finals time.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:15 pm

We were close to the Dogs in our 2 games this year, which is encouraging, but we also played terribly against Carlton, StKilda, Melbourne, Richmond ect. Our yearly wins read 2009 16, 2010 20, 2011 22, 2012 17, 2013 14, 2014 11, 2015 10, 2016 9. The worry is that we are on a 5 year decline, which has not included a bottom out (so we don't get the plumb draft picks of the dogs). We are trying to get guys like Wells, Mundy ect and I understand we need some experience, but i would have thought we would target leaders (those 2 aren't) to help the kids. The interest in Maric when we talk about trading Witts, from a playing perspective is puzzling. I think he'd be a great ruck coach, but not worth a place on a senior list given his form of last year where he was not picked in the Richmond team 15 times when available and fit. I'm not sure Jesse White, Trav Varcoe, Jeremy Howe, Levi Greenwood are the sort of players that will propel us up the ladder either. I'm just not seeing where the improvement comes from outside of Darcy Moore, Maynard, Smith, Crocker and the hopeful inclusion of Hoskin Elliot and Jamie Elliot.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:49 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
I was at the game and have seen the replay twice. Swans were SCREWED HARD by the umpires. That high/in danger call and subsequent 50 at the end of the second quarter was particularly hilarious.

Spot on. Exclamation

Interesting. My mum watches a lot of footy, she watched the GF live and also watched the replay twice. I mentioned to her that some people had the views that you put forward, her response was rather loud and best summed up in one word, "Bullshit".

And she's not a dogs supporter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8   

Jump to: