Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies have offered Brent Harvey 1 year deal with an option

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redlight 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Only possible positive here is: Boomer's 2016 was definitely good enough to be on our list, he was at times the Roos best or most damaging player. It's difficult to see it happening again in 2017, though I would have said the same after around 2012-2013 and every year after.

Boomer's 2016 was better than our Cloke, Toovey, Macaffer, Williams, Brown, Goodyear and Langdon, but I still don't want him on our list. The great man should retire as a one club player. If he wants to come to Collingwood in a mentoring role that's another story. For the moment, Wells and Mayne are good pickups which will cost us only their salaries. For North supporters next year watching Boomer in Collingwood colours is like Collingwood supporters watching Peter MacKenna in Carlton colours. It didn't work out for MacKenna and it won't work for Boomer.

It worked for Ball and Jolly. It worked for Stevie J. There is no single possibe outcome.

A one year contract and one year option sounds like a good idea to me. If he falls off the cliff in terms of performance our exposure is limited.

It may not make sense for North to keep him given their age profile, it's a different story for us though.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:44 pm

Caff is 28
Toovs is 29
Insert Wells
Bally is 32
Insert Dal Santo
Dids is 33
Maxy is 33
Jolls is 34
Leroy is 34
Medders is 34
Benny J is 35
Tarks is 36
Tazza is 36
Cheesy O'Bree is 37
Insert Boomer
Licca is 38

Kinda puts it all into perspective doesn't it :/

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:54 pm

Redlight wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Only possible positive here is: Boomer's 2016 was definitely good enough to be on our list, he was at times the Roos best or most damaging player. It's difficult to see it happening again in 2017, though I would have said the same after around 2012-2013 and every year after.

Boomer's 2016 was better than our Cloke, Toovey, Macaffer, Williams, Brown, Goodyear and Langdon, but I still don't want him on our list. The great man should retire as a one club player. If he wants to come to Collingwood in a mentoring role that's another story. For the moment, Wells and Mayne are good pickups which will cost us only their salaries. For North supporters next year watching Boomer in Collingwood colours is like Collingwood supporters watching Peter MacKenna in Carlton colours. It didn't work out for MacKenna and it won't work for Boomer.

It worked for Ball and Jolly. It worked for Stevie J. There is no single possibe outcome.

A one year contract and one year option sounds like a good idea to me. If he falls off the cliff in terms of performance our exposure is limited.

It may not make sense for North to keep him given their age profile, it's a different story for us though.

Let's get real here and take off your rose coloured glasses with Stevie J. He clouted a guy in his semifinal and messed up GWS with their preparation for their preliminary final. It might have ended up a fairytale with GWS making the GF and Stevie J kicking the winning goal against Sydney in the GF. Fairytales rarely come true. And as for your comment about Ball and Jolly, they are totally different circumstances. They were both 10 years younger. Jolly was returning to Melbourne for family reasons, while Ball had a falling out with Ross Lyon.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:21 pm

^ the big rumour is that after the giants loss, a very angry stevie J stormed into the giants coaches box, and blasted hell out of leon Cameron, regarding no giants player realising that clay smith is a great left foot kick, and letting him get easy harmful kicks, that cost the game. That's the big rumour doing the rounds, sounds like stevie j could have been a very disrupting influence on our team, if true.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:55 pm

I thought the rumour was that Cameron went all Denis Pagan on Stevie telling him it was his fault they didn't make it, that he let the team down with his stupid actions the week before etc
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:56 pm

Cam wrote:
Caff is 28
Toovs is 29
Insert Wells
Bally is 32
Insert Dal Santo
Dids is 33
Maxy is 33
Jolls is 34
Leroy is 34
Medders is 34
Benny J is 35
Tarks is 36
Tazza is 36
Cheesy O'Bree is 37
Insert Boomer
Licca is 38

Kinda puts it all into perspective doesn't it :/

Apparently we're in need of a key back. Dustin Fletcher is available.

Redlight 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:38 pm

redlight wrote:
It worked for Ball and Jolly. It worked for Stevie J. There is no single possible outcome.

Let's get real here and take off your rose coloured glasses with Stevie J. He clouted a guy in his semifinal and messed up GWS with their preparation for their preliminary final. It might have ended up a fairytale with GWS making the GF and Stevie J kicking the winning goal against Sydney in the GF. Fairytales rarely come true. And as for your comment about Ball and Jolly, they are totally different circumstances. They were both 10 years younger. Jolly was returning to Melbourne for family reasons, while Ball had a falling out with Ross Lyon.

Stevie J has been great for GWS, no rose coloured glasses required. Downplaying his impact this year is silly.

Ball and Jolly both came to us with only a few years of useful footy left. Jolly was 29 in 2010, so no spring chicken. They were proven performers and filled holes in our list. Exactly what Boomer can do for us. He's old sure, but he's also a freak.

Worth the risk.

I couldn't give a stuff about his 'one club' legacy if his second club is Collingwood.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:51 pm

According to 7 news, we've spoken to Boomer about an asst coaching role but have no plans for him to be a player
Redlight 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:34 pm

stui magpie wrote:
According to 7 news, we've spoken to Boomer about an asst coaching role but have no plans for him to be a player

I saw that. It looks like we're the victim of baseless speculation.

Bloody off-season.

Smile
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:35 pm

Sam McClure claims that all the talk about Boomer at Collingwood is 100 percent wrong and he won't be there.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:03 pm

The errors he gets away with because he's a Roo legend would be magnified in B&W. Pass.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:09 pm

Are we still talking about ideas?
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:01 am

Redlight wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Bloody off-season.

Smile

No it is fact that the Pies have made the offer and Brent is deliberating over his historic love for being a Kangaroos player and donning the Guernsey of another AFL team. He likes Bucks and is impressed with the offer of:

* 1 year playing
* a 2nd form pending OR
* a move into Assistant Coaching

So all of these know all journos whom are "jumping to the conclusion" are missing the very essence of the discussion and that he is "considering the deal". He has 6 weeks to decide and is going to use as much of that time to evaluate. In sales speak he is "impulsed though".

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:50 am

The Prototype wrote:
Sam McClure claims that all the talk about Boomer at Collingwood is 100 percent wrong and he won't be there.

Then we can wait for someone to get stuck into us about how we missed out on another player... Shocked Razz

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:13 am

inxs88 wrote:
Redlight wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Bloody off-season.

Smile

No it is fact that the Pies have made the offer and Brent is deliberating over his historic love for being a Kangaroos player and donning the Guernsey of another AFL team. He likes Bucks and is impressed with the offer of:

* 1 year playing
* a 2nd form pending OR
* a move into Assistant Coaching

So all of these know all journos whom are "jumping to the conclusion" are missing the very essence of the discussion and that he is "considering the deal". He has 6 weeks to decide and is going to use as much of that time to evaluate. In sales speak he is "impulsed though".

Ill back inxs88's mail 100% here.

I hope for Collingwood, for North and for Boomer that he does the classy thing and hangs em up.
If he truly has ambitions of coaching then he should choose that path independently of his playing desires.

Our offer is still bewildering to me from a Collingwood viewpoint.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8   

Jump to: