Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mid list revolt

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rush Stand Wing 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant get the best out of "anyone"?

How about Pendles, Grundy, Adams, Treloar, Crisp, Fasolo, Blair, Howe, Aish, White, Crocker, Maynard, Smith, Ramsay, Varcoe, Sinclair....all have made significant improvements under Buckley's helm.

They have all adapted well to the grunt and shape style that's being developed. I'm also backing others will follow the crowd at chow time.

I'm wrapped there is so called 'mid-list' revolt because it means those that are incapable of coming for the ride are being shown the door.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:14 pm

Unless there are some dramatic differences between what goes on behind closed doors and what can be observed from training sessions by the public I'm calling BS on this.

The reality is that if you are not in the best 10 at the club you have the fight through every training session to secure your spot in the team.

Sounds to me like a typical Gen'Yer who can't handle a bit of honest to me. Just doesn't seem to be reflected in the team comradery we see on the field (despite some bad results).

AndrewT 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:31 pm

I'm not gunna start commenting on players form. Have you not watched where our club has gone in the last 4 years. Down hill every year, the bloke can't coach, I hope all you people who think he can coach enjoy his last year. For all you others just stick with the club for another 12 Months and put up with the pain for one more season because after Nathan and Perty are gone we will improve pretty quickly.
courtza 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:06 am

You make some pretty big statements AndrewT, would you put your name to them.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:26 am

courtza wrote:

Courtza, you know when you get together with a group of mates and they bring along some of their mates and there is sometimes a guy in that group that is a loudmouth who believes his opinion trumps all. AndrewT is that guy of Nicks. He has his opinion and no matter what anyone posts to counter his arguments, he will always be right.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:43 am

mooretreloar wrote:
Nathan Brown is a good defender on the gorillas, but is no good on anyone that can run. He is too slow and is on tram tracks. Not his fault just copped too many injuries. His disposal and decision making is atrocious. We should jump at the chance of moving him on and anything we get for him is a bonus, as he should be delisted.
Frost, would doubt if we lose Brown that he goes anywhere. I would keep Frost ahead of Brown.
Both depth players.

Nathan Brown should be delisted?

You really are a clown.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:50 am

Half the comments written above come from either clowns or sheep or both CarringbushCigar.

Enjoy Bucks last year at the club lads.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:08 am

Dumping "Leading Teams" is interesting. The Tigers and now the Pies have dumped them and both teams coaches are struggling. I wonder if the meetings where you sit around and bag a team mate who didn't pass to you will stop as well?
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:24 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Half the comments written above come from either clowns or sheep or both CarringbushCigar.

Enjoy Bucks last year at the club lads.

It's September 2016, and you're looking forward to a losing season in 2017 so that your dislike of Buck's can be sated? Do you actually claim to be a supporter of our club?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:45 am
Post subject: Re: Mid list revoltReply with quote

Redlight wrote:
Visdom wrote:
the next level down from the elite were given instructions from their line coach or mentor but Nathan's body language did not mirror the support or reassurance given by their line coach.

So the line coaches were encouraging and supportive, but Buckley undid all that with his body language?

What was he doing, giving them the finger?

No inside info claimed, so no real idea, only what I've seen personally and the feeling I get (is that enough of a disclaimer!) but I reckon he's pretty intimidating, the kind of no nonsense don't ask guy. That's what worries me, a coach in my humble opinion should be open for questions with a "no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who don't ask" attitude. My way or the highway would see too many just as stubborn arrogant buggers hitting the road.

Rush Stand Wing 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:39 am

Leading Teams has been known to create internal friction and insecurity amongst the troops. Its good for a couple of years to set clear standards and expectations, then move forward. I'm glad it's gone now. I sense everyone will be on the same page next year, which is exciting.
AndrewT 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:42 am

mooretreloar wrote:
courtza wrote:

Courtza, you know when you get together with a group of mates and they bring along some of their mates and there is sometimes a guy in that group that is a loudmouth who believes his opinion trumps all. AndrewT is that guy of Nicks. He has his opinion and no matter what anyone posts to counter his arguments, he will always be right.

Mooretreloar, you must be mates with Bucks.. That means your either Perty, Robert Harvey, Sando or Tanya, hi Tanya if its you.

The facts are Bucks has destroyed the list and the club. Even staff are miserable there, players feel they cant be there own Men. Mick was the best because he made C graders feel like they were C+ or B graders and B graders feel B+ or A graders. Most players went backwards this year, and before you start banging on about Pendles, steely and Trealoar dont because them boys would play like they do if our cleaner was coach. A good coach gets the best out of the bottom half of the list, if Bucks could do that we make finals the last 4 years. So come on Mooretrealor give us some more garbage excuses.
Rush Stand Wing 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:50 am

So you would prefer a list of C graders who may make the big show only to fall short, again!? Bucks wants the Best Talent not blokes who play out of their skin for a couple of years and then fade away. The Club has a history of doing this and this is what Bucks and Eddie want to stop.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:54 am

Rush Stand Wing wrote:
Leading Teams has been known to create internal friction and insecurity amongst the troops. Its good for a couple of years to set clear standards and expectations, then move forward. I'm glad it's gone now. I sense everyone will be on the same page next year, which is exciting.

Leading Teams may have been good the first couple of years of Buckley's tenure, but we all move on at some point of time. After five years in the AFL coaching caper, Buckley is mature enough now to lead the playing group. He doesn't need Leading Teams anymore, but what he does need is a strong leadership group amongst the players, so I'm hoping a few of the players put their hands up to want to join the leadership group. We have made a very big investment in Treloar, so I would be very disappointed if we don't see him in the leadership group next year. Howe is another one who should consider putting his hand up. Of the younger players Marsh looks like a future leader.

Leadership needs to come from the playing group, rather than artificially imposed from an outside consultancy group.
AndrewT 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:58 am

Rush stand wing,Your Joking right? You think we can possibly have a full team of A graders? hate to break your heart mate but there is a thing called Salary Cap.. if we didn't have one id agree with you. Like it or not your team is rated from 1 to 22. They will never have the same ability, So some will be C graders some B graders some A. You dont think Hawthorn hasn't had any C graders the last 3 years.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11   

Jump to: