Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mid list revolt

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redlight 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
AndrewT wrote:
Im off kids.. You won't hear from me again. I've said what I've needed to with not much luck. Everything I've said is a fact! Don't bother replying to this because I won't be responding. Go pies!
I'll Private message you Soon Cam

Seriously. Bizarre!

Don't worry, we'll probably get another incarnation in a week or so.

Maybe AT is going on holidays, so we might get a little break. Smile
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:20 am

think positive wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
AndrewT wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
AndrewT wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
courtza wrote:
You make some pretty big statements AndrewT, would you put your name to them.

Courtza, you know when you get together with a group of mates and they bring along some of their mates and there is sometimes a guy in that group that is a loudmouth who believes his opinion trumps all. AndrewT is that guy of Nicks. He has his opinion and no matter what anyone posts to counter his arguments, he will always be right.

Mooretreloar, you must be mates with Bucks.. That means your either Perty, Robert Harvey, Sando or Tanya, hi Tanya if its you.

The facts are Bucks has destroyed the list and the club. Even staff are miserable there, players feel they cant be there own Men. Mick was the best because he made C graders feel like they were C+ or B graders and B graders feel B+ or A graders. Most players went backwards this year, and before you start banging on about Pendles, steely and Trealoar dont because them boys would play like they do if our cleaner was coach. A good coach gets the best out of the bottom half of the list, if Bucks could do that we make finals the last 4 years. So come on Mooretrealor give us some more garbage excuses.

Buckley destroyed the list?

Which players apart form Shaw are tearing it up at their new clubs, and would walk into our best 22?

Geel had a deeper core of elite players and despite topping up after their 2011 Flag, have still not won another flag - so Bucks was right to start the rebuild early because our weaker elite depth would not have won a flag either.

So now GEEL need to start a rebuild and we are 3 years ahead of them - in a nutshell this proves Buckley was very astute, despite your protestations to the contrary.

We are 3 years in front of Geelong? You must be smoking some good shit!

He is spot on. Geelong are on a fast track down the ladder. They were not prepared to rebuild their list the correct way and take their medicine, which is what you need to do in this competition. They will now pay for this, as players like Enright, Bartel, Lonergan, Taylor retire and they don't have the players to replace them currently on their list or the required draft picks to draft quality youth.

I predict that while Bucks coaches the Pies, Geelong will always finish higher on the ladder then us, as it is said let it be done so it is written.. you can quote me down the track if you like Wink

Yelah that one shocked me too! I'm bloody sure they just played a prelim and had a player win the Brownlow! Yep their fast track down the ladder since they beat us in 2011 was unreal to watch....oh wait that was us!

You guys make me laugh, your understanding of football beggars belief.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:57 am

I think MooreTreloar is genuine based on the fact that there's a poster on BigFooty known as MooreTreloar and he's a good poster from memory.

I'm going to make the assumption that they're the same person posting on two different forums but I'm happy to be corrected.

mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:05 am

Jezza wrote:
I think MooreTreloar is genuine based on the fact that there's a poster on BigFooty known as MooreTreloar and he's a good poster from memory.

I'm going to make the assumption that they're the same person posting on two different forums but I'm happy to be corrected.

Jezza I am a genuine poster, but I am not MooreTreloar on BigFooty.
Collingwood member for 20+ years, including being a Legends Member since 2010.
Love my club, love my footy, and I am very excited for the future of our young and emerging side.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:35 am

mooretreloar wrote:
think positive wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
AndrewT wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
AndrewT wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
courtza wrote:

Courtza, you know when you get together with a group of mates and they bring along some of their mates and there is sometimes a guy in that group that is a loudmouth who believes his opinion trumps all. AndrewT is that guy of Nicks. He has his opinion and no matter what anyone posts to counter his arguments, he will always be right.

Mooretreloar, you must be mates with Bucks.. That means your either Perty, Robert Harvey, Sando or Tanya, hi Tanya if its you.

The facts are Bucks has destroyed the list and the club. Even staff are miserable there, players feel they cant be there own Men. Mick was the best because he made C graders feel like they were C+ or B graders and B graders feel B+ or A graders. Most players went backwards this year, and before you start banging on about Pendles, steely and Trealoar dont because them boys would play like they do if our cleaner was coach. A good coach gets the best out of the bottom half of the list, if Bucks could do that we make finals the last 4 years. So come on Mooretrealor give us some more garbage excuses.

Which players apart form Shaw are tearing it up at their new clubs, and would walk into our best 22?

Geel had a deeper core of elite players and despite topping up after their 2011 Flag, have still not won another flag - so Bucks was right to start the rebuild early because our weaker elite depth would not have won a flag either.

So now GEEL need to start a rebuild and we are 3 years ahead of them - in a nutshell this proves Buckley was very astute, despite your protestations to the contrary.

He is spot on. Geelong are on a fast track down the ladder. They were not prepared to rebuild their list the correct way and take their medicine, which is what you need to do in this competition. They will now pay for this, as players like Enright, Bartel, Lonergan, Taylor retire and they don't have the players to replace them currently on their list or the required draft picks to draft quality youth.

I predict that while Bucks coaches the Pies, Geelong will always finish higher on the ladder then us, as it is said let it be done so it is written.. you can quote me down the track if you like Wink

Yelah that one shocked me too! I'm bloody sure they just played a prelim and had a player win the Brownlow! Yep their fast track down the ladder since they beat us in 2011 was unreal to watch....oh wait that was us!

Oh here we go, play the man.
I'm a legend member too, been to 4 losing grand finals, a draw and a win (1990) was overseas for the second 2010. I attended every Melbourne game this year except when 1 when I was overseas. I also watch a lot of other matches every week. But no, I'm no expert. I'm just like you, putting my opinion out there, sometimes people agree sometimes they don't, sometimes they change my mind and I'm big enough to let then know that. But I never never get on here and tell them they are all fools, or ignorant.

Yeah your comment is pretty benign, but it's also wrong.

mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:45 am

think positive wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
think positive wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
AndrewT wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
AndrewT wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
courtza wrote:

I'm a legend member too, been to 4 losing grand finals, a draw and a win (1990) was overseas for the second 2010. I attended every Melbourne game this year except when 1 when I was overseas. I also watch a lot of other matches every week. But no, I'm no expert. I'm just like you, putting my opinion out there, sometimes people agree sometimes they don't, sometimes they change my mind and I'm big enough to let then know that. But I never never get on here and tell them they are all fools, or ignorant.

Play the man, you are kidding right. All I said was that you guys make me laugh and your understanding of football beggars belief. Did I hit a nerve?
You are the one that told me I am Tania Buckley and how good my butt looked in a dress at the Brownlow. Your sign off at the bottom of your posts shows what your thinking is.
I will post a reasoned argument why you are wrong about Geelong later in the day. Also, from what I have read of your posts, to be clear you don't understand football.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:52 am

think positive wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
think positive wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
AndrewT wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
AndrewT wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
courtza wrote:

Play the man, you are kidding right. All I said was that you guys make me laugh and your understanding of football beggars belief. Did I hit a nerve?
You are the one that told me I am Tania Buckley and how good my butt looked in a dress at the Brownlow. Your sign off at the bottom of your posts shows what your thinking is.
I will post a reasoned argument why you are wrong about Geelong later in the day. Also, from what I have read of your posts, to be clear you don't understand football.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:29 am

Watching Geelong getting smashed in s semi with basically the same geriatrics (generally speaking) that haunted us since 2011 should make every single Collingwood supporter walk a little taller now. There own supporters aren't as stupid to think that topping up there list will again benefit them after what they dished up.
The dead wood has finally drifted out to sea at Collingwood and the young crop that is retained deserve to be there pushing there way in only if there good enough to, or when the coach sees fit, aka James Aish 2016. The sooner some fans let go of the past and realise nostalgic favourites can't be there forever the better for the realists.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:33 am

think positive wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
think positive wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
AndrewT wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
AndrewT wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
courtza wrote:

I appreciate your posts.
Even when we have crossed swords on numerous occasions.
You are one of the few posters who does admit to being wrong sometimes.
So keep posting TP.
You are to me a true Collingwood supporter and a great example to your gender.
Well done TP.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:59 am

thompsoc wrote:
think positive wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
think positive wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
AndrewT wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
AndrewT wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
courtza wrote:

I appreciate your posts.
Even when we have crossed swords on numerous occasions.
You are one of the few posters who does admit to being wrong sometimes.
So keep posting TP.
You are to me a true Collingwood supporter and a great example to your gender.
Well done TP.

Cheers mate, thanks, much appreciated Wink

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:02 pm

Redlight wrote:
think positive wrote:
AndrewT wrote:
Im off kids.. You won't hear from me again. I've said what I've needed to with not much luck. Everything I've said is a fact! Don't bother replying to this because I won't be responding. Go pies!
I'll Private message you Soon Cam

Seriously. Bizarre!

Don't worry, we'll probably get another incarnation in a week or so.

Maybe AT is going on holidays, so we might get a little break. Smile

Jez07 in one of his many guises, keeps turning up like a bad penny. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:35 pm

thinkpositive, I am sure that we will agree that the aim of football is to win premierships. Since the conclusion of 2011, Geelong has won zero flags, and Collingwood has won zero flags.
Geelong chose from this time onwards to top up their list, rather than strip their list right back and start again. They did move on James Kelly, Matthew Stokes and Stevie J, but have predominantly maintained the elder statesmen of their list. They bought in players like Rhys Stanley and Josh Caddy in past years, but despite this they were declining year on year and fell to 10th in 2015.
At the end of 2015 they cashed in all their chips on Dangerfield, who is a superstar, and three average footballers in Zac Smith, Lachlan Henderson and Scott Selwood. To do this they sacrificed their draft picks in 2015 and a number of picks in the coming 2016 draft. I said at the time that they needed to win the flag in 2016 for this strategy to work, as they have too many older players on their list that were just hanging on. This assertion was also the same for North and Richmond that tried to top up their list and it failed.
History shows that they did not win the flag in 2016. Their ladder position flattered them, as it was widely known that they had the best draw of any team in 2016, including playing Brisbane and Essendon twice. They were found out in the finals. They struggled to beat a Hawthorn side that our D side ran to a point in round 23. Hawthorn then went on to get smashed by the Dogs, showing how bad this formline was. After the Hawks v Cats match I text a number of mates and said whoever plays Geelong in the prelim would smash them. They scoffed at me, but that is exactly what happened. Their 2016 team was a very average one that relied on Dangerfield and Selwood to dominate games and their elder statesmen to have good games to have any chance of winning.
Consequently, going forward they are going to lose these elder statesmen, if not immediately (Enright and Bartel) by the end of next season (Lonergan and Taylor). As shown by their final performances their next wave of players are not good enough and they don't have any early draft picks to replace their elder statesmen and rectify this. Therefore, the only way they are going on the ladder is downwards.
The original poster re Geelong was spot on, that we are 3 years ahead of them, as we have already undertaken our rebuild. Theirs is about to start. I expect us to finish ahead of Geelong in 2017 and if it isn't 2017 we will be well clear of them in 2018.

In the future, don't accuse me of playing the man when I did nothing of the sort and please refrain from calling me names, especially referring to me as a female when I am male.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:58 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:50 pm

I enjoy reading your posts MooreTreloar, it's refreshing. There was a poster I think his name was Andrew not AndrewT that I quite like to read as well. Flashman haven't seen for along time, I agreed with his thoughts on numerous occasions.

Anyway, anyone that can't see Geelong are headed for a big slide are taking the piss. I was very surprised they finished as high as they did. Sometimes topping up does work for the short term.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:56 pm

Bucks2014 wrote:
I enjoy reading your posts MooreTreloar, it's refreshing. There was a poster I think his name was Andrew not AndrewT that I quite like to read as well. Flashman haven't seen for along time, I agreed with his thoughts on numerous occasions.

Anyway, anyone that can't see Geelong are headed for a big slide are taking the piss. I was very surprised they finished as high as they did. Sometimes topping up does work for the short term.

I tipped both the Hawks and Cats to go out of the finals in straight sets, and if not for the fact that they had to play each other in week one, they would have done just that. Next year I expect both of them to miss out on the 8 altogether.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11   

Jump to: