Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Brownlow voting.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

mgh3536 wrote:
might have a sneaky 50 on treloar in 2017!

Seems to be an umpires favourite. Clearly they don't consider the clanger aspect.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:29 am

piedys wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Treloar, 21 votes, equal FIFTH in the entire AFL. Nah, not worth 2 x first rounders...🙄

Well worth it by the end of round 23. But we are still bleeding from the arse for him.
Consider again, that Geelong paid LESS for tonights winner, Dangerflog, and that deal went through first, setting what should have been the precedent.

Unless I'm mistaken, Danger could have walked as a free agent... just saying.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:31 am

mudlark wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
piedys wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Treloar, 21 votes, equal FIFTH in the entire AFL. Nah, not worth 2 x first rounders...🙄

Well worth it by the end of round 23. But we are still bleeding from the arse for him.
Consider again, that Geelong paid LESS for tonights winner, Dangerflog, and that deal went through first, setting what should have been the precedent.

Yeah, we're bleeding with 2 x unknown 17-18 year old players vs a ready made top 5 Brownlow vote getter in his first season in B&W coming off no pre season. Would you rather Scharenberg and Freeman or Treloar? Cos that's the unknown you play with.

It's utterly amazing that the "Sack Buckley" brigade who said Trealor was a waste of picks Blah Blah,are strangely quiet!!!Must have been nauseating for them watching him pile on the votes. Laughing

I'll tell you what was nauseating; Alex Lloyd's butchering of a small time hit from 15 years ago, made meatloaf look like pavarotti. He was about the size of Pavarotti to!

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:33 am

I've long thought Treloar will be our next Brownlow medalist, and now I'm sure of it. Given that he polled 21 votes in his first year with us, after having virtually no pre-season due to hip surgery, and us having a shit year, with a full pre-season under his belt and us back on the winners train next year, he could well win it in 2017.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:34 am

mudlark wrote:
It was interesting to hear the Dangerfield speech after he had won the medal. He said that Geelong ,it seems,? has the "Right mix" even though,"My words now"" We Got flogged in the prelim",although he said it a bit more succinctly,something like,we didn't quite get there!!
What got me wondering out loud was how the Collingwood "Faithful" on this board would have reacted to that statement IF, as it was predicted, we were premiership favourites and stumbled so badly at the penultimate hurdle??? I'm assuming it's acceptable for some to accept the foibles of the other clubs, yet vociferously denounce there own club and its practices when it happens to us.
But for a poor shot after the siren we would have seen Geelong out in straight sets and considering they played Brisbane ,Essendon twice each, I figure they got a lot further than they deserved and maybe the vote may have been a little less decisive,although well deserved, than it may have been if they had a draw more in keeping with a top 4 side.

I guess that's only relevant if you rated the Cats a genuine premiership threat. Been saying most of the season (to the amusement of some) that the Doggies are a better side than the Cats.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:44 am

Cam wrote:
3 votes against the Hawks and the manner in which he willed himself to the contest and scooted away showed the football world exactly how dangerous Treloar can be. If Aish can join Pendlebury, Treloar, and Sidey, and Adams stay fit, then we will have the football equivalent of the Rolling Stones lineup of Jagger, Richards, Wood, Watts and Wyman in the middle.

That's not a bad line-up Cam, but I prefer Mick Taylor to Ronnie Wood. Wink
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:59 am

dyso said:
Quote:
We said that same thing about Pendles years ago; always too many other players taking votes away from you, particularly when the team is winning.

Scott Pendlebury has won a Norm Smith Medal, as has our esteemed coach, so Brownlows who gives a stuff. Notice another thing, Footscray has finally stopped winning Brownlows...maybe they have finally seen the light.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:05 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
piedys wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

I'm sure you already know this but Dangerfield was a free agent.

What was unusual about Paddy's signing was how much more the Cats gave up than they needed to. More than any free agent ever. The Swans didn't trade anything to the Hawks to pick up Franklin.

jackcass wrote:
Unless I'm mistaken, Danger could have walked as a free agent... just saying.

Inky & Daz, you are both correct [as usual!]
Dangerfield was indeed a free agent, so the Crows didn't have as much leverage over Geelong at the last trade period, as GWS had to bend us over a barrel, with Richmond more than happy to take our place for the rogering.
Just saying trading 2 x 1st rounders must now be market rate for any elite players wishing to change clubs, who haven't yet reached the free agency mark.
We can only hope those said 2 x 1st round picks we offloaded to GWS, really don't kick on in years to come, and it's something we'll only be able to gauge sometime down the track.
But as things stand at present, we can be most happy that trade.

Peace out bros.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:09 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
I'll tell you what was nauseating; Alex Lloyd's butchering of a small time hit from 15 years ago, made meatloaf look like pavarotti. He was about the size of Pavarotti to!

CC, I didn't watch the ch.7 broadcast; is Alex still cranking out "Amazing", or was it another tune?

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:57 pm

Cam wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Treloar will poll very well, he has blond hair too, that helps, attracts votes, he may even be third at least. He could well win it next season, assuming we win more games.

Treloar will EASILY poll the highest votes from Collingwood, just shading Pendles.

Now Laz, your sentence doesn't quite make sense Smile

True this!!

What I meant was that they both would easily get the highest votes at Collingwood, and I was right on dude... Twisted Evil Razz Cool

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:58 pm

piedys wrote:

CC, I didn't watch the ch.7 broadcast; is Alex still cranking out "Amazing", or was it another tune?

Yep still cranking out the same old chestnut in an excruciating lento tempo.

#halfthespeedattwicethesize.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:37 pm

Had Treloar still played for the Giants, I have no doubt theyd be in the GF now, not the Dogs.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:45 pm

jackcass wrote:
mgh3536 wrote:
might have a sneaky 50 on treloar in 2017!

Seems to be an umpires favourite. Clearly they don't consider the clanger aspect.

Clearly otherwise Danger would not have won the Brownlow. People can say what they want Dangerfield is explosive but he turns it over just as much as Adam, yet Danger is a superstar.

Anyway I know who I'd rather kick for goal after the siren to win the game and it wouldn't be Danger.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:17 pm

piedys wrote:

It was another tune. Had identical lyrics and chords as that one, but was like a 45 playing at 33 speed. I've had shorter marriages than that song.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:36 pm

mudlark wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
piedys wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

Yeah, we're bleeding with 2 x unknown 17-18 year old players vs a ready made top 5 Brownlow vote getter in his first season in B&W coming off no pre season. Would you rather Scharenberg and Freeman or Treloar? Cos that's the unknown you play with.

It's utterly amazing that the "Sack Buckley" brigade who said Trealor was a waste of picks Blah Blah,are strangely quiet!!!Must have been nauseating for them watching him pile on the votes. Laughing

Hold vomit in!!! NO!! Hand over mouth!!! It's slipping through fingers.! Let it out!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7   

Jump to: