Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Brownlow voting.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

E wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
According to Buckenara's list analysis last week, Treloar is only a B grader. Pretty good for a B grader to finish 5th in the Brownlow. He also said Adams and Treloar are the same type player and Broomhead's disposal is poor.
Gary do your research, which would actually involve watching Collingwood play football. You got all three of them wrong, Treloar clearly A grade, Adams and Treloar not even close to alike and Broomhead is an elite user of the ball.

isn't Woewodin a brownlow medalist? he was never more than a B Grader.

I'll give you the same advice as I gave Mr Buckenara, if you don't think Treloar is A grade, then I suggest that you watch Collingwood play. With respect to Woewodin he had an excellent year in a team that played in a GF in the year he won the Brownlow. Never reached those heights again, nor did Melbourne. Treloar polled 21 votes in an injury ravaged team that won 9 games. He is elite and worth every cent we paid for him.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:10 am

No shocks with Dangerfield winning it. Well done to all our players who received a Brownlow vote, in particularly Mason Cox.

Good results from Treloar and Pendles and great to see Grundy pick up back-to-back 3 votes against GWS and Adelaide, which were both interstate matches.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:51 am

mooretreloar wrote:
E wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
According to Buckenara's list analysis last week, Treloar is only a B grader. Pretty good for a B grader to finish 5th in the Brownlow. He also said Adams and Treloar are the same type player and Broomhead's disposal is poor.
Gary do your research, which would actually involve watching Collingwood play football. You got all three of them wrong, Treloar clearly A grade, Adams and Treloar not even close to alike and Broomhead is an elite user of the ball.

I'll give you the same advice as I gave Mr Buckenara, if you don't think Treloar is A grade, then I suggest that you watch Collingwood play. With respect to Woewodin he had an excellent year in a team that played in a GF in the year he won the Brownlow. Never reached those heights again, nor did Melbourne. Treloar polled 21 votes in an injury ravaged team that won 9 games. He is elite and worth every cent we paid for him.

Yeah I don't understand why people can't see it. He is such an all round good player, from skill, speed, and best of all, footy smarts. Like Pendles, time stands still when he get it.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:09 am

Pat congrats after 187 AFL game,s

Adam congrats also with 101 AFL game,s

21 votes and at least 3 seasons behind the winner--brilliant

Change of club worked for both

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:15 am

piedys wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Treloar, 21 votes, equal FIFTH in the entire AFL. Nah, not worth 2 x first rounders...🙄

Well worth it by the end of round 23. But we are still bleeding from the arse for him.
Consider again, that Geelong paid LESS for tonights winner, Dangerflog, and that deal went through first, setting what should have been the precedent.

I'm sure you already know this but Dangerfield was a free agent.

What was unusual about Paddy's signing was how much more the Cats gave up than they needed to. More than any free agent ever. The Swans didn't trade anything to the Hawks to pick up Franklin.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:36 am

Treloar and Pendles both polled grew - good on 'emt.

Treloar is up there with the best attacking runners in the game through smarts and speed.

Most sloshed:
3 votes - Josh Kennedy
2 boats - Taylor Adams
1 goat - Dusty's date
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:53 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
piedys wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Treloar, 21 votes, equal FIFTH in the entire AFL. Nah, not worth 2 x first rounders...🙄

Well worth it by the end of round 23. But we are still bleeding from the arse for him.
Consider again, that Geelong paid LESS for tonights winner, Dangerflog, and that deal went through first, setting what should have been the precedent.

I'm sure you already know this but Dangerfield was a free agent.

What was unusual about Paddy's signing was how much more the Cats gave up than they needed to. More than any free agent ever. The Swans didn't trade anything to the Hawks to pick up Franklin.

As good as Dangerfield is in an injury free year and worthy Brownlow medal winner, in another couple of years, Dangerfield will be in a downward slide, while Treloar will be just starting to peak.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:06 am

Well deserved Treloar, love the kid.

Couldn't watch the drawn out, commercial saturated and plain garbage coverage. Terrible.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:08 am

Presti35 wrote:
Shows you the kind of season we had when Gibbs, LeCras and Watts are polling 3's against us.... Embarassed

You obviously don't have respect for the No1 draft pick!!! There's 2 of them in that little "Embarrassing"??? trio you mentioned.?? Confused
mudlark 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:45 am

It was interesting to hear the Dangerfield speech after he had won the medal. He said that Geelong ,it seems,? has the "Right mix" even though,"My words now"" We Got flogged in the prelim",although he said it a bit more succinctly,something like,we didn't quite get there!!
What got me wondering out loud was how the Collingwood "Faithful" on this board would have reacted to that statement IF,as it was predicted,We were premiership favourites and stumbled so badly at the penultimate hurdle??? I'm assuming it's acceptable for some to accept the foibles of the other clubs,yet vociferously denounce there own club and its practices when it happens to us.
But for a poor shot after the siren we would have seen Geelong out in straight sets and considering they played Brisbane ,Essendon twice each,I figure they got a lot further than they deserved and maybe the vote may have been a little less decisive,although well deserved, than it may have been if they had a draw more in keeping with a top 4 side.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:00 am

piedys wrote:

That's just ridiculous, I won't even justify it by explaining. Check it out yourself and then see if you change your mind rather than just making blind comments.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:36 am

mooretreloar wrote:
E wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

Two points:-
1.Treloar performed this year after having groin surgery and not doing much of a pre season; and
2. I don't know whether Buckenara wrote that column or his name was used by a staff ghost writer, but either way, the author had not seen Collingwood play and did not know the players that were written about.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:46 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
piedys wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

Yeah, we're bleeding with 2 x unknown 17-18 year old players vs a ready made top 5 Brownlow vote getter in his first season in B&W coming off no pre season. Would you rather Scharenberg and Freeman or Treloar? Cos that's the unknown you play with.

It's utterly amazing that the "Sack Buckley" brigade who said Trealor was a waste of picks Blah Blah,are strangely quiet!!!Must have been nauseating for them watching him pile on the votes. Laughing
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:47 am

3 votes against the Hawks and the manner in which he willed himself to the contest and scooted away showed the football world exactly how dangerous Treloar can be. If Aish can join Pendlebury, Treloar, and Sidey, and Adams stay fit, then we will have the football equivalent of the Rolling Stones lineup of Jagger, Richards, Wood, Watts and Wyman in the middle.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:52 am

So if not we will have the football equivalent of the Rolling Stones lineup of Jagger Richards Wood Watts and Wyman in the middle, then not Aish can join Pendlebury Treloar and Sidey and Adams stay fit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: