Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Heath Shaw

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
sixpoints wrote:
Shaw's a mighty player and played many a great game for us (including heroics in the 2010 flag).
But enough of the rose coloured glasses.
He was also banned from the finish to the 2008 year including the finals for lying about that drink driving incident. He was the drunken driver of the car that crashed.
Banned again for 8 games in 2011 for his involvement in that betting scandal.
Then played like a self indulgent fool in the 2013 Elimination Final, gifting goals to opponents and distracting his teammates.
See ya pal.

The betting scandal was a joke.
The small car crash didn't happen on the field.
The indulgent play in 2013 was an issue.
Albeit small.
I follow a football team not a church choir.
Political correctness gone mad.

Albeit small? Is having a mental breakdown which cost your team a win in a final small? It wouldn't have surprised me to see a team mate of Shaw's reported for striking him in that game.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:14 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
Keep telling yourself what you need to justify that it is all Buckley's fault. Facts are Port had 27 scoring shots to 18 meaning we were not good enough and Heater acted like a clown. It wasn't only that game that Heater acted like a clown.
It wasn't only that game in 2013 that showed we weren't good enough. 55 point loss to Hawks in round 3. 27 point loss to Freo in round 7. These 2 teams the 2013 grand finalists. We were a middle of the road side in 2013 and the club knew it and they knew it was time to rebuild.

Facts are Bucks was totally out coached on the night and looked like a fool in the box, watch a replay...

Not a fact The Boy Cried Wolf, your opinion. Don't need to watch a replay, I was there on the night. We lost the game because our disposal and decision making were putrid. I lost count after 25 the number of our kicks that were marked by Port players. Bucks couldn't kick it for them, nor could he make the decisions on field for them. We simply weren't good enough.
I don't expect the Buckley haters to admit that we weren't good enough from round 23 2011 onwards, as it blows their argument that Bucks can't coach out of the water. Again, for the record I don't know if he can coach and I don't believe anyone can definitively say that he can or can't coach.
What I think is that we should give him a chance now that we have rebuilt the list and hopefully we get an even run with injuries to allow him to prove one way of the other if he can coach or not.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:16 pm

Heater plays for another club now...he moved on long ago and I reckon some of my fellow Nicksters need to do the same.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:20 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Heater plays for another club now...he moved on long ago and I reckon some of my fellow Nicksters need to do the same.

Agree, focus on the gain of Adams.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:30 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
Keep telling yourself what you need to justify that it is all Buckley's fault. Facts are Port had 27 scoring shots to 18 meaning we were not good enough and Heater acted like a clown. It wasn't only that game that Heater acted like a clown.
It wasn't only that game in 2013 that showed we weren't good enough. 55 point loss to Hawks in round 3. 27 point loss to Freo in round 7. These 2 teams the 2013 grand finalists. We were a middle of the road side in 2013 and the club knew it and they knew it was time to rebuild.

Facts are Bucks was totally out coached on the night and looked like a fool in the box, watch a replay...

Not a fact The Boy Cried Wolf, your opinion. Don't need to watch a replay, I was there on the night. We lost the game because our disposal and decision making were putrid. I lost count after 25 the number of our kicks that were marked by Port players. Bucks couldn't kick it for them, nor could he make the decisions on field for them. We simply weren't good enough.
I don't expect the Buckley haters to admit that we weren't good enough from round 23 2011 onwards, as it blows their argument that Bucks can't coach out of the water. Again, for the record I don't know if he can coach and I don't believe anyone can definitively say that he can or can't coach.
What I think is that we should give him a chance now that we have rebuilt the list and hopefully we get an even run with injuries to allow him to prove one way of the other if he can coach or not.

We obviously will need to agree to disagree. I wasn't there, but I payed extra attention to Bucks as much as possible from watching them flashing the tv into the box 'often' watching his reactions... or should I say lack of.

I say he's had his chance and he's failed with flying colours, move over for some one who can coach, look at the dogs, move over... get out.. resign..

He's getting another year because Eddie is too scared to admit defeat and is hoping the worm will 'eventually' turn and he can not come out of it looking like a fool. End of story.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:56 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

We obviously will need to agree to disagree. I wasn't there, but I payed extra attention to Bucks as much as possible from watching them flashing the tv into the box 'often' watching his reactions... or should I say lack of.

I say he's had his chance and he's failed with flying colours, move over for some one who can coach, look at the dogs, move over... get out.. resign..

He's getting another year because Eddie is too scared to admit defeat and is hoping the worm will 'eventually' turn and he can not come out of it looking like a fool. End of story.

Happy to agree to disagree. For mine he hasn't had his chance, as the club undertook a rebuild and in conjunction we have been hit with an unprecedented run of injuries. If in 2017 he has his best 22 available most weeks and we don't make the 8, then I will be in full agreeance with you. I don't think that will happen though, as our list is extremely talented and I believe we will be there when the whips are cracking in 2017.
Also, Leon Cameron in his press conference after the prelim loss said we are no guarantee to get back to the prelim, as there a lot of talented young teams out there. He specifically named Collingwood and Melbourne. I would add St Kilda to that list, but I believe our list is far better than both of theirs when we have everyone available.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:04 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

I was there. We were flogged. Beaten by a better side. A side that should have actually beaten the Dawks and gone into the GF. Port players simply prepared to work harder. Not sure what any hysteria from Bucks in the box would have done to change that.

Yeah I know, the fact that we were on the downhill slide from mid 2011 just doesn't fly well with the dynasty myth so lets just make up some crap about Bucks behaviours in the coaches box being indicative of his coaching capacity.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:07 pm

or lack of.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:07 pm

Spot on jackcass. Port kicked 3-9 in the 1st quarter of the prelim against the Hawks. If they kicked straight game over at 1/4 time,
uncanny 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:26 pm

I was interested to hear Tory Dickson on radio on Sunday afternoon talking about their plans to rattle Heater. Both in the tactics Tory and his team mates employed and by the lip and niggle guys like Libba gave him. These clearly worked as evidenced by the spray we've been debating. It's debatable about the effect this would have on the orange boys but sure as heck would have encouraged the dogs big time to see him going off like that.
Furthermore, though the power lads didn't play hawks in the prelim til the following year Jackcass I think your point about the reason they beat us in 2013 ef being due to their superiority as a team rather than about how poorly we were coached is valid. They had Geelong in big trouble the week after they beat us and should really have won that one. As pointed out by others, add the prelim in 14 then they would have been looking good for the flag the week after. This validates their win against us was because they were clearly the better side at that stage.
Heater had to go after those shennanigans of 2013 and what had come before. This has nothing to do with Bucks or his ability to relate well to people. Think of how well he has handled himself against putting up with this crap from Shaw and others from the class of 2010 like Lumumba and Jolley. Let alone the disgraceful undermining from MM Let's look forward to what he can achieve with Heater's replacement Adams and his team mates in 2017 rather than wonder what might have been had we stuck with Heater.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:30 pm

Heath has moved on and forgotten us, time we moved on, hes a Giant now, end of story.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:41 pm

piedys wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Funny how Darren Millane is lauded.
He had an alcohol reading of .322 almost 3 times more than what
Shaw had.
Different time different world.

I prefer to reflect on all the times DM went into hospitals to visit sick children.

A <snip> wouldn't understand this concept .Why is this clown still allowed on this site making comments like that about a dead person who played for and helped win a flag for our great club.It's about time you looked at who's posts you take down Mods.

<Mod edit - All complaints about moderating in writing through the prescribed channels and all complaints about particular posts through the Report button feature and attached form, thank you. Otherwise, return your focus to posting and leave the moderating to the moderators - the bbmods team>
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:09 am

RudeBoy wrote:

Rudey, which Nicksters do you want to trade to GWS for picks? Razz

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:44 am

Member 7167 wrote:
At the end of the days it was his actions that resulted In him leaving and only time will tell if we or GWS got the better end of the deal. Taylor Adams certainly has shown he has great potential.

Still love Heater and forever grateful for his contributions and being a key ingredient to our success in 2010, but what's done is done sadly and it's time to move on.

In the short to medium term GWS were always going to benefit handsomely from Heater's experience and ability as a qualify half-back flanker, but I'm hoping that in the long-term we will greatly benefit from having faith in developing Taylor Adams into a great player long after Heater has retired.

With all the departures we've seen over the years from our Premiership team, Heater is still our biggest loss in my opinion and been very difficult to replace in the short-term.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:56 am

The moral to the story is if you tease Buddy about his mind, the world loses theirs, and you need to come out with a public apology to appease the screaming masses.

If you tease Heater about his, he has to suck it up, it's a legitimate tactic you can brag about on radio and everyone thinks its funny.

One's a temporary condition [albeit can be serious] and one's something genetic.

Two sets of rules.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9   

Jump to: