Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Heath Shaw

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam wrote:
The moral to the story is if you tease Buddy about his mind, the world loses theirs, and you need to come out with a public apology to appease the screaming masses.

If you tease Heater about his, he has to suck it up, it's a legitimate tactic you can brag about on radio and everyone thinks its funny.

One's a temporary condition [albeit can be serious] and one's something genetic.

Two sets of rules.

Are you out of your mind Cam? Wink
uncanny 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:58 pm

Who said Heater was sledged about his ADHD?
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:34 pm

Heater just doesn't like to be beaten. If he doesn't get his own way he behaves like a angry 2 year old. As a result he is capable of saying and doing anything. Not the qualities of a leader in my opinion. When the going gets tough you want someone to help focus and organise the back-line, not go on a rant and alienate the other players.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:24 pm

piedys wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Heater plays for another club now...he moved on long ago and I reckon some of my fellow Nicksters need to do the same.

Rudey, which Nicksters do you want to trade to GWS for picks? Razz

We'd have to give GWS picks (and cash) to take them. Wink

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:02 am

Cam wrote:
The moral to the story is if you tease Buddy about his mind, the world loses theirs, and you need to come out with a public apology to appease the screaming masses.

If you tease Heater about his, he has to suck it up, it's a legitimate tactic you can brag about on radio and everyone thinks its funny.

One's a temporary condition [albeit can be serious] and one's something genetic.

Two sets of rules.

Spot on. And I dear say his ADHD effects his adult personality. No $£$%^%%$ apologise for calling him crazy and doing the circle with his fingers. Double standards
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:26 am

[quote="uncanny"]I was interested to hear Tory Dickson on radio on Sunday afternoon talking about their plans to rattle Heater. Both in the tactics Tory and his team mates employed and by the lip and niggle guys like Libba gave him. These clearly worked as evidenced by the spray we've been debating. It's debatable about the effect this would have on the orange boys but sure as heck would have encouraged the dogs big time to see him going off like that.[/quote/].

Let's relive it from this perspective.

1. Dickson kicks his first goal. Bit of a ruckus afterward. Shaw refuses to back down. Fires up. Who kicked the next goals? That's right GWS. So Shaw inspired the next 2 goals. Well played dogs going at Shaw just got GWS to get their ass into gear.

2. Two minutes to go in 2nd qtr. Tomlinson drops a over head mark which he should have taken. Two ball ups in a row. Then Whitfield allows no.14 to kick an easy stoppage goal. Shaw goes ape shit. "That $£$%^%%$ shit" he says. Who kicks he next goal after half time? GWS! Again Shaw's spray has an impact.

3. Dickson out marks Shaw and goals. A bit of a ruckus. Shaw says to Davis "that's the last one alright". Who kicks the next 3 goals? GWS of course.

The mid field was where that game was won. On top of that, Tomilson, Hayne, Wilson, Williams and Patful all cost GWS goals. Wilson cost multiple goals.

However, there is clear evidence that after every Shaw spray or scrap with the opposition GWS responded positively. It inspired them. They always kicked the next goal after a Shaw spat. Any one who thinks it was detrimental to the GWS is a $£$%^%%$ moron. On top of that, have a look at the reaction to his 55 meter goal. They all love it and embrace him. They love the guy.

Shaw had no control over what the midfield do. If the dogs seriously think scrapping with Shaw helped win them the game they are $£$%^%%$ idiots. As I've just demonstrated, every time Shaw got pissed off the GWS played better and scored goals. If that ain't great leadership I don't know what is. The dogs know it was won on the back of GWS mistakes (choking) and the dogs dominant mid field.

They know they got lucky GWS threw it away
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:35 am

[quote="Krakouer Magic"]
uncanny wrote:
I was interested to hear Tory Dickson on radio on Sunday afternoon talking about their plans to rattle Heater. Both in the tactics Tory and his team mates employed and by the lip and niggle guys like Libba gave him. These clearly worked as evidenced by the spray we've been debating. It's debatable about the effect this would have on the orange boys but sure as heck would have encouraged the dogs big time to see him going off like that.[/quote/].

1. Dickson kicks his first goal. Bit of a ruckus afterward. Shaw refuses to back down. Fires up. Who kicked the next goals? That's right GWS. So Shaw inspired the next 2 goals. Well played dogs going at Shaw just got GWS to get their ass into gear.

2. Two minutes to go in 2nd qtr. Tomlinson drops a over head mark which he should have taken. Two ball ups in a row. Then Whitfield allows no.14 to kick an easy stoppage goal. Shaw goes ape shit. "That $£$%^%%$ shit" he says. Who kicks he next goal after half time? GWS! Again Shaw's spray has an impact.

3. Dickson out marks Shaw and goals. A bit of a ruckus. Shaw says to Davis "that's the last one alright". Who kicks the next 3 goals? GWS of course.

The mid field was where that game was won. On top of that, Tomilson, Hayne, Wilson, Williams and Patful all cost GWS goals. Wilson cost multiple goals.

However, there is clear evidence that after every Shaw spray or scrap with the opposition GWS responded positively. It inspired them. They always kicked the next goal after a Shaw spat. Any one who thinks it was detrimental to the GWS is a $£$%^%%$ moron. On top of that, have a look at the reaction to his 55 meter goal. They all love it and embrace him. They love the guy.

Shaw had no control over what the midfield do. If the dogs seriously think scrapping with Shaw helped win them the game they are $£$%^%%$ idiots. As I've just demonstrated, every time Shaw got pissed off the GWS played better and scored goals. If that ain't great leadership I don't know what is. The dogs know it was won on the back of GWS mistakes (choking) and the dogs dominant mid field.

Watch em get pumped tomorrow. They know they got lucky GWS threw it away
great post

Heater was my favourite player when he was tossed, and yet I believed Buckley did the right thing. Now I just wish we had someone who could handle him. We have sorely missed first Maxwell and then Heater in our backline. We need a general to Marshall the troops. I'm hoping Adams is it, but he's still very young. One thing I reckon MM was dead right on, and that's the value of defence. The rest is nothing if you can't stop the other team scoring. And everyone should be a good defensive player, because everyone is in defence when the other team has the ball. I loved the 2010 press.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:02 am

[quote="think positive"]
Krakouer Magic wrote:
uncanny wrote:
I was interested to hear Tory Dickson on radio on Sunday afternoon talking about their plans to rattle Heater. Both in the tactics Tory and his team mates employed and by the lip and niggle guys like Libba gave him. These clearly worked as evidenced by the spray we've been debating. It's debatable about the effect this would have on the orange boys but sure as heck would have encouraged the dogs big time to see him going off like that.[/quote/].

Watch em get pumped tomorrow. They know they got lucky GWS threw it away
great post

Heater was my favourite player when he was tossed, and yet I believed Buckley did the right thing. Now I just wish we had someone who could handle him. We have sorely missed first Maxwell and then Heater in our backline. We need a general to Marshall the troops. I'm hoping Adams is it, but he's still very young. One thing I reckon MM was dead right on, and that's the value of defence. The rest is nothing if you can't stop the other team scoring. And everyone should be a good defensive player, because everyone is in defence when the other team has the ball. I loved the 2010 press.

Agreed... HUGE LOSS. Adams lol.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:44 am

Krakouer Magic wrote:

Incident's 1 and 3 were fine, normal Heater stuff that he needs to do to play at his best and we used to love it..

It was only no.2 that I would have any problem with if I was a GWS'er or in the Heater camp.

Large prolonged physical displays of being pissed off with a team mate are not necessary, particularly 2 minutes before half time.

Taking incident 2 in isolation I'm not buying the 'they got the next goal after half-time' benefit.

Someone or many coaching staff would have had to have been concerned and kept busy at least monitoring Heater's (and those potentially impacted) mind-set in the half time break.

In order for it to be in any way commendable, Heater would have to know 100% that we he did helped all his team mates play better after it.

What I saw was the GWS defence not improving after it, and Heater went from one of the great defensive performances in finals history to an ok 2nd half performance.

Im backing Heater and the GWS team to see an even better star of the game next year.
Shame the Collingwood team didn't have the same confidence to continue making Heater get better.

GWS Premiers and a Norm Smith for Heater would have to be the no.1 forecast for 2017.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:58 am

Krakouer Magic wrote:
uncanny wrote:
I was interested to hear Tory Dickson on radio on Sunday afternoon talking about their plans to rattle Heater. Both in the tactics Tory and his team mates employed and by the lip and niggle guys like Libba gave him. These clearly worked as evidenced by the spray we've been debating. It's debatable about the effect this would have on the orange boys but sure as heck would have encouraged the dogs big time to see him going off like that.

They know they got lucky GWS threw it away

Just find these comments a little hypocritical from someone who regularly sledges Buckley for his losses, but praises Heath Shaw for a loss that he was partially responsible for.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:04 pm

stui magpie wrote:
piedys wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Heater plays for another club now...he moved on long ago and I reckon some of my fellow Nicksters need to do the same.

Rudey, which Nicksters do you want to trade to GWS for picks? Razz

We'd have to give GWS picks (and cash) to take them. Wink

Sorted; you start the list of forum dead-wood to cull, and i'll head down to the MCG to rattle the can to raise the fund$ required.
See how those f*ckers like it for a change? Twisted Evil

Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:49 pm

Im not going to bag Shaw just because he is not at Collingwood. He is a great player, All Australian, and i think he is a leader. A loss for Collingwood and his leaving hurt the fabric of the club
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:21 pm

Was a tremendous player for our club but became a destructive influence with his repeated brain fartz. Fantastic energy and commitment but too much ego and a lack of self-control.

Shaw had stopped being a positive for us, plain and simple.

The good part is that we traded away onlyabout 100 games worth of Heater. How old was he when we traded him? 27? So he had about 100 games left in him before retirement. And we traded in 300 games worth of Taylor Adams, a future Collingwood captain.

Adams has become very, very important to this club. He's not a spectacular player like Heater, he's a very hard worker, tough as nails, and RELIABLE. When we are getting smashed, Adams doesn't hang his head or go round biffing blokes or pointing fingers and screaming abuse at his teammates. Adams just gets the pill, over and over and over. He leads by example. And when Adams is in the team, we very rarely do get smashed. We are a better team with his heart and ball-getting ability at our core.

Adams is very like Blair in some ways, but with one big difference. He tackles like a maniac, chases, goes in for the hard ball at the bottom of the pack, trains the house down, generally does the hard things coaches love. But there is one difference and it's a key one. Adams gets a lot of the ball. Every week. He's 23 and a couple of years off his prime yet, but already one of our three or four most important players. By the time he's 25 and at his very best, Heater will have retired.

Summary: we swapped a good old player with problems for a good young player without those problems. In one word, we got a fantastic bargain.

Curiously, however,. GWS would be happy with the deal too. They were swimming in talented youngsters and could spare Adams, but they desperately needed experience. Heater has done brilliantly for GWS, made them a better team, and good on him. Very pleased to see him make such a success of his second career, and I hope he gets a premiership out of it somewhere along the line.

And I will never, ever, ever forget his gift to us of the 2010 premiership. That moment when he made the Smother of the Century, that was the turning point. From that moment on, St Vomit were never going to catch us.

(Dennis Cometti, interviewed after his retirement was announced last week, was asked, out of all the grand finals he has called, was there one moment that stands out in his memory above all others? Yes, Dennis said: Heath Shaw's smother in the Grand Final Replay. That's pretty fair praise from a man of his vast experience.)

Go well Heater. And in a couple of years time when you retire, you can enjoy watching Taylor Adams lead us to premiership glory.

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:46 pm

Great post - Adams should capt our side as soon as 2017...
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:50 pm

^ Yep, superb post from Tannin. Sums it up very well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9   

Jump to: