Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Heath Shaw

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see any of Shaw's teammates give it to him when he made those mistakes. It's clear no one's going to change anyone's mind but put me in the camp that thinks he acted like a porkchop. He is an AA player of that there is no doubt. But he's also a bona fide head case and I think his style of leadership actually does more harm than good.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:13 pm

I assume the same people who hate Heath Shaw abusing his own players never supported Nick Maxwell who did it all the time? He also had bags of goals kicked on him any time the coach was dumb enough to put him on an opponent...

Heath Shaw would be Collingwoods no1 defender these days by a mile
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:18 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:
So if Jeremy Howe's direct opponent kicked 4 goals on him, you'd say he had a good game?

Furthermore, if he had 4 goals kicked on him but was letting every other defender know when they £$%$ed up, you'd be saying that's great leadership?

As for the mouthing off with Libba, I'd say Libba won that contest (little prick that he is). I mean Shaw had 4 kicked on him. Defenders look stupid mouthing off when they've had 4 kicked on them. Like the fast bowler talking trash after he's just been dispatched over the fence.

Again, who was the opponent that kicked four goals on him? I'd actually like to know.

Dixon kicked two on him in the first. The first of which you could argue shaw at least provide a contest to bring the ball to ground which Wilson should have roved and released pressure.

You make it sound like shaw spent the whole game mouthing off to every player which is so far off it.

Libba didn't win shit. It was the first goal of the game ffs. Libba bumped Shaw over after the goal. What you want Shaw to just sit on his ass and do nothing? And the both gave as good as they got. Shaw hadn't had any goals kicked on him when he and Libba went at it. So your arguement is flawed.

As for whether Howe getting 4 goals kicked on him would equate to me thinking he had a shit game it depends. For example, if Howe helped bring the ball to ground and say Marley Williams failed to rove it then I wouldn't really blame Howe for the goal. Same as if the mid field weren't winning it at the clearance or contested possession like GWS weren't then I'd be saying Howe was doing a great job at stopping the floodgates opening. GWS were under siege with repeat fwd entries in that first half. It was a great effort by Davis and Shaw to lead the others and not capitulate earlier in the game.

I'd also like to point out that I saw Shaw acknowledge his **** ups to his team mates at times too and he also tried to rally the defence at centre bounces. I saw it because I was actually at the game watching the whole game, not just watching the highlights and commentators over hyping it, which is what I assume you have bought into. Was this something that the Sunday football shows also overhyped and focused on this morning?

Mate, I watched the game and switched off once the dogs were over the line in the last minute. I saw a guy who's direct opponent kicked 4. I saw him lose the plot at his teammates on more than one occasion. And I saw him get involved in a stoush with Libba for what exactly? Was he flying the flag for his teammates? Or just responding to the needle? He lost the plot at one stage there. Not helpful at all IMO.

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:22 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
I assume the same people who hate Heath Shaw abusing his own players never supported Nick Maxwell who did it all the time? He also had bags of goals kicked on him any time the coach was dumb enough to put him on an opponent...

Heath Shaw would be Collingwoods no1 defender these days by a mile

Yeah that was gonna be my next comment to make on the issue. Maxwell. And where is Maxwell an assistant coach now? GWS. And as the tape shows Shaw only got 2 goals kicked on him, he stopped another goal with a smother and he kicked a goal that should have lead to GWS having at least a 6 point lead at 3/4 time

From what I saw Shaw he only went off at his team mates once and that was after giving up a second stoppage goal in the 2nd qtr. If Davis thought it was out of line, as captain, he would have pulled him in line. But he didn't, cause it needed to be said.

And if that jerk Libba lays out Scharenberg after a goal I hope Scharenberg stands up for himself exactly like shaw did.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:26 pm

Deja Vu wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:
So if Jeremy Howe's direct opponent kicked 4 goals on him, you'd say he had a good game?

Furthermore, if he had 4 goals kicked on him but was letting every other defender know when they £$%$ed up, you'd be saying that's great leadership?

As for the mouthing off with Libba, I'd say Libba won that contest (little prick that he is). I mean Shaw had 4 kicked on him. Defenders look stupid mouthing off when they've had 4 kicked on them. Like the fast bowler talking trash after he's just been dispatched over the fence.

Again, who was the opponent that kicked four goals on him? I'd actually like to know.

Dixon kicked two on him in the first. The first of which you could argue shaw at least provide a contest to bring the ball to ground which Wilson should have roved and released pressure.

You make it sound like shaw spent the whole game mouthing off to every player which is so far off it.

Libba didn't win shit. It was the first goal of the game ffs. Libba bumped Shaw over after the goal. What you want Shaw to just sit on his ass and do nothing? And the both gave as good as they got. Shaw hadn't had any goals kicked on him when he and Libba went at it. So your arguement is flawed.

As for whether Howe getting 4 goals kicked on him would equate to me thinking he had a shit game it depends. For example, if Howe helped bring the ball to ground and say Marley Williams failed to rove it then I wouldn't really blame Howe for the goal. Same as if the mid field weren't winning it at the clearance or contested possession like GWS weren't then I'd be saying Howe was doing a great job at stopping the floodgates opening. GWS were under siege with repeat fwd entries in that first half. It was a great effort by Davis and Shaw to lead the others and not capitulate earlier in the game.

I'd also like to point out that I saw Shaw acknowledge his **** ups to his team mates at times too and he also tried to rally the defence at centre bounces. I saw it because I was actually at the game watching the whole game, not just watching the highlights and commentators over hyping it, which is what I assume you have bought into. Was this something that the Sunday football shows also overhyped and focused on this morning?

Mate, I watched the game and switched off once the dogs were over the line in the last minute. I saw a guy who's direct opponent kicked 4. I saw him lose the plot at his teammates on more than one occasion. And I saw him get involved in a stoush with Libba for what exactly? Was he flying the flag for his teammates? Or just responding to the needle? He lost the plot at one stage there. Not helpful at all IMO.

Dude, you didn't watch the same game then. Go back and watch the tape.

Shaw wasn't even on the field when Dixon kicked his 2nd. And Wilson was on him when he kicked his 4th. Honestly, you watched a different game and you are seeing what you want to see. Confirmation bias at its best.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:27 pm

^^^^ Deja Vu, probably not - but he isn't doing in a Collingwood jumper, so what is it that makes some people care so much? It seems to me that some feel a need to justify the decision to trade out a player who has been all-Australian in his last two seasons. It's all fairly hypothetical for us, of course - we haven't really had to worry about player-attitude in finals for the last few seasons. Hopefully, we can all start worrying about this from 2017.
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:35 pm

It seems to me that some turn a blind eye to the antics of a player because it proves that trading him was one of many of Bucks' mistakes. He did not have a good game. And his antics were over the top IMO.

As for only having 2 goals kicked on him, I would love it if our defenders were given the same benefit of the doubt...

I'm not saying he's a shit player. I'm saying he had an ordinary game and carried on like an idiot

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:36 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Some Posters are absolutely bonkers
Heath Shaw AA in 2015
How many collingwood players were AA in 2015 ....thats right zero!
Heath Shaw AA in 2016
How many Collingwood players were AA in 2016.....thats right ZERO!
2 zip.

But I doubt he been that at Collingwood

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:53 pm

Deja Vu wrote:
It seems to me that some turn a blind eye to the antics of a player because it proves that trading him was one of many of Bucks' mistakes. He did not have a good game. And his antics were over the top IMO.

As for only having 2 goals kicked on him, I would love it if our defenders were given the same benefit of the doubt...

I'm not saying he's a shit player. I'm saying he had an ordinary game and carried on like an idiot

Same benefit of the doubt? Your blaming two of Dixons goals on Shaw when

1. He wasn't even on the field; and
2. Wilson was Dixon's direct opponent.

It has nothing to do with the Buckley/Shaw fall out. My preference would have been that Shaw in black and white for life. But I understand shit happens and both player and coaching staff needed to move on.

I'm just not gonna sit back every time GWS lose a final and have people take shots at a former premiership player out for the fun of it. And present in accurate facts of what actually happened in the game. Had GWS midfield stood up and won the game no one would be questioning Shaw. They'd be saying he was a leader and he was great to stick it up Libba as it set a standard for the others.

His behaviour IMO was fine. It was a preliminary final. He wanted to win it. I want our players to stand up to cheap shots like the one Libba took. All part of the game and just banter. I also wish we had someone as vocal as Maxwell and Shaw in our backline.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:14 pm

No one ever question Heaters ability as a player. The problem is he was a distraction and an unsettling influence both on and off the field. That last final he played for us he lost control, was giving away free kicks and other Pies players were spending time trying to calm Heater instead of concentrating on the game.

The fact is he does not have the strength of character to control his emotional outburst. He was certainly on the edge last night and was verbally abusing his own players and was hitting opposition players at every opportunity. He was soundly beaten last night and when opposition teams press his buttons in the right manner they can limit his influence.

At the end of the days it was his actions that resulted In him leaving and only time will tell if we or GWS got the better end of the deal. Taylor Adams certainly has shown he has great potential.

sixpoints 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:46 pm

Shaw's a mighty player and played many a great game for us (including heroics in the 2010 flag).
But enough of the rose coloured glasses.
He was also banned from the finish to the 2008 year including the finals for lying about that drink driving incident. He was the drunken driver of the car that crashed.
Banned again for 8 games in 2011 for his involvement in that betting scandal.
Then played like a self indulgent fool in the 2013 Elimination Final, gifting goals to opponents and distracting his teammates.
See ya pal.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:54 pm

sixpoints wrote:
Shaw's a mighty player and played many a great game for us (including heroics in the 2010 flag).
He was also banned from the finish to the 2008 year including the finals for lying about that drink driving incident. He was the drunken driver of the car that crashed.
Then played like a self indulgent fool in the 2013 Elimination Final, gifting goals to opponents and distracting his teammates.
See ya pal.

Sad but true.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:59 pm

sixpoints wrote:
See ya pal.

The betting scandal was a joke.
The small car crash didn't happen on the field.
The indulgent play in 2013 was an issue.
Albeit small.
I follow a football team not a church choir.
Political correctness gone mad.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:04 pm

thompsoc wrote:
sixpoints wrote:
See ya pal.

Albeit small.

Must remember that after that abdominal elimination final Bucks had to find a fall guy to mask his own complete failure to asses the situation in the box on the night. I'm not excusing Shaw for his actions that game, but really there was a lot more to it.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:09 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
sixpoints wrote:
See ya pal.

Albeit small.

Must remember that after that abdominal elimination final Bucks had to find a fall guy to mask his own complete failure to asses the situation in the box on the night. I'm not excusing Shaw for his actions that game, but really there was a lot more to it.

When a player throws away 2 goals through self indulgent acts in a Prelim Final, it's hard not to point to him as one of the reasons for our loss. It was the last straw/Shaw. As much as I loved him as a player, he had to go. Last night's histrionics from him simply reminded me why I was relieved we got rid of him when we did.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9   

Jump to: