Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Heath Shaw

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaw was playing on Dickson. Dickson kicked 4. You can say they weren't all on him and others let him down but it was his guy and he kicked 4. On him.

I know zoning off is all the rage but at some point you've got to be accountable for your direct opponent. You can say what he did was fine but if i were his teammate and he was mouthing off at me like that I'd be mightily pissed.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:49 pm

Libba got him.
Heater BOG by a mile when Libba and him went at it.
Heater did his banana soon after.
Heater still played well after but it could potentially have impacted others negatively.
Davis for example didn't seem to play as well after it.

It was a terrible look - he was too close to going over the edge again and didn't look to be any great team need for it.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:57 pm

Shaw has been a very good player and has been a great pick up for the GWS. He's always had some loose wiring and had the capacity to get frustrated and petulant and that was again on show against the Dogs.

He had 15 kicks for the night (no handpasses) at 60% efficiency and clearly was frustrated with both his own game and those around him.

He wasn't on his pat malone, plenty of other Giants had poor games as well.

Much as I would've loved to see Heater play out his days at Collingwood (I still have the time lapse photo of that smother hanging over the TV) leaving was the best thing for all concerned. We got a young midfielder who will be in contention to be our next captain, GWS got an experienced back line leader and Heater got the reality check he needed and, credit to him, has generally improved his footy and his on field leadership.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:04 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Some Posters are absolutely bonkers
Heath Shaw AA in 2015
How many collingwood players were AA in 2015 ....thats right zero!
Heath Shaw AA in 2016
How many Collingwood players were AA in 2016.....thats right ZERO!
2 zip.

OH for chrissakes your constant negative shit is now beyond boring, have you never heard of a kid named Treloar, who will bolt the Copeland trophy in, and is at least AA. ???? Shaw is a loose cannon, was a great player, now a loose cannon and a petulant child in the footy brain, I'm glad hes no longer with us frankly. Rolling Eyes

Absolute rubbish
And who the hell is being negative about Shaw???
And Shaw was a great player????
No Shaw IS a great player ...get it right!!!

YOU are being negative about our team, as usual, you usual negative cheap shots, you said we have no AA players, I point our we do, in Treloar, who will win the Copeland. Got it ???? You can have Shaw all you like, he cost the Giants big yesterday, hes a petulant child and has not changed, yes he was a great player, but no longer, and stop going off half cocked, I said we do have an AA player in Treloar, you said we had none. Get it right pal. Rolling Eyes

Going off half cocked!
Who bagged who first!
My point about Shaw was that he had made it to the ultimate accolade.
No one at Collingwood had made it to that level in the last 2 years.
So how the hell anyone can bag him is beyond me.
And what evidence is there that Shaws antics had done any harm at GWS?
There is none.
As for Treloar... he is not an AA YET!!!!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:10 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Heath Shaw AA in 2015
Heath Shaw AA in 2016
2 zip.

OH for chrissakes your constant negative shit is now beyond boring, have you never heard of a kid named Treloar, who will bolt the Copeland trophy in, and is at least AA. ???? Shaw is a loose cannon, was a great player, now a loose cannon and a petulant child in the footy brain, I'm glad hes no longer with us frankly. Rolling Eyes

Absolute rubbish

YOU are being negative about our team, as usual, you usual negative cheap shots, you said we have no AA players, I point our we do, in Treloar, who will win the Copeland. Got it ???? You can have Shaw all you like, he cost the Giants big yesterday, hes a petulant child and has not changed, yes he was a great player, but no longer, and stop going off half cocked, I said we do have an AA player in Treloar, you said we had none. Get it right pal. Rolling Eyes

Going off half cocked!
Who bagged who first!
No one at Collingwood had made it to that level.
There is none.

YOU got the thrust of my reply totally wrong, and when Treloar bolts the Copeland in by a country mile, have fun wiping all the egg off your moosh. Check the posts above not too many are pleased with Shaws antics, yesterday, he struts around like king dick, and if he makes a stuff up, he blames others. not a good look. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:17 pm

^^^ With respect, I think thompsoc's point is, in substance, that whoever gets the Copeland will be the best of our "also-rans". It smacks of churlishness to criticise Shaw's efforts in a finals series we were too poor to get to play in.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:19 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^ With respect, I think thompsoc's point is, in substance, that whoever gets the Copeland will be the best of our "also-rans". It smacks of churlishness to criticise Shaw's efforts in a finals series we were too poor to get to play in.

Fair enough. But Heater is a complete dickhead...just saying. Rolling Eyes
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:28 pm

^^^ We don't have any "complete" players.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:36 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Fair enough. But Heater is a complete dickhead...just saying. Rolling Eyes

I thought the same thing.His antics yesterday were embarrassing,no matter who he plays for.Is it really churlish to call people out for their bad behaviour?
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:43 pm

Deja Vu wrote:
Shaw was playing on Dickson. Dickson kicked 4. You can say they weren't all on him and others let him down but it was his guy and he kicked 4. On him.

I know zoning off is all the rage but at some point you've got to be accountable for your direct opponent. You can say what he did was fine but if i were his teammate and he was mouthing off at me like that I'd be mightily pissed.

Firstly, I made a mistake. Rewatched the game in fast fwd just now. The Libba thing happened after the 2nd goal, he had one goal kicked on him by Dixon.

Let's look at Dixon's goals:

1. 1st qtr. Shaw does what you are coached to do and forces it to ground. Wilson goes in half assed and Dixon more hungry grabs it and snaps. Shaw was expecting Wilson to win the contest and was getting in position to receive a handpass from Wilson. Libba bumps him over and they yap at each other like you'd expect them too.

2. 2nd qtr. Hayne intercept marks in centre plays on like an idiot gets caught holding the ball. Dogs kick wide then hit a loose Dixon on the lead. No one is on him. I believe it was patfuls man and there is clear confusion as to who was meant to be on Dixon? Why the confusion? Cause Shaw isn't on the field. He is on the bench. Probably his only interchange for the match.

3. 3rd qtr. Dixon one on one with Shaw. Shaw bodies him as well as any defender could and Dixon has to take a ripping one handed mark to get a shot on goal. After the goal there is more push and shove. Davis has words with shaw and I'm not a lip reader but it looks to me like shaw says "that's the last one alright".

4. 4th qtr. Dixon out marks his oppenant which is now Wilson. Wilson makes **** all attempt to man the mark and Dixon gets up and kicks an easy goal.

So out of all of Dixon's 4 goals Shaw was only involved in two of them and only one of them was he beaten in a one on one contest. Seriously, you need to rewatch the match and not just look at the stats.

As for shaw blowing up in the 2nd qtr after no.14 easily kicked a goal from a stoppage that was well deserved. Shaw is saying "that's $£$%^%%$ shit" and going off. And he was right to. It was the second goal from a stoppage the defence had given up in that qtr. It was a line in the sand moment. Bravo Shaw. Maybe a little histrionic but you said what needed to be said.

13 mins on the clock left in the 3rd. Dogs on top. Dogs player has it 10 out snaps and Shaw smothers like a champion and ball goes out. It should have been a goal. But Shaw stopped it.

So Shaw stopped a certain goal with a smother and kicked a ripping goal of his own from 55 out. 2 goals to Shaw. While shaw was on Dixon he kicked two goals, one of which was really on Wilson.

Not to bad of a game after all Shawry. Considering the pressure the dogs put the GWS backline under I'd say you were great.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:54 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

So P4S if Treloar wins the Copeland like many predict he is the best of the also rans ? So by that context those players not winning the Copeland would be exactly what ?
Would you opinion of this years Copeland winner be different if it was Sidey ? (Not that he will win it like he has never won it and more than likely never will win it)
Also what does that say about Pendles is he less than a also ran ?
Truth of the matter is Eddie said after the Shaw trade it was his belief that Heath had to leave for all concerned as he had become a hindrance to the club. Eddie said he hoped Shaw would go on to have a great career but it couldn't be a Collingwood the board had decided that during the year
As for Shaw last night his behaviour wasn't encouraging or marshalling younger players it was pure belligerence on a guy who had his pants pulled down. He wasn't alone GWS showed there a ways off yet as they don't yet understand how to close out games and they have to many players who like to be show ponies.
Heath was a premiership player and a very good player at Collingwood but acts like last night showed why he and to go. Young players these days don't care for being berated like that and it showed in there repsonses to him.
I bet Leon Cameron wasn't applauding his efforts after the game
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:56 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Heath Shaw AA in 2015
Heath Shaw AA in 2016
2 zip.

Absolute rubbish

Going off half cocked!
Who bagged who first!
No one at Collingwood had made it to that level.
There is none.

YOU got the thrust of my reply totally wrong, and when Treloar bolts the Copeland in by a country mile, have fun wiping all the egg off your moosh. Check the posts above not too many are pleased with Shaws antics, yesterday, he struts around like king dick, and if he makes a stuff up, he blames others. not a good look. Confused

You are so far off the mark it's not funny. Shaw puts the blame on others where it is deserved. I saw him openly acknowledge his mistakes at least 3 times in the game. Once in the 2nd where the kick was a bit off and he didn't take a mark he might have, a kick he did that got smothered in the 3rd and the mark and goal by Dixon in the third. Shaw is open about about his failings. When the group stuff up he points it out too. Maybe you don't like the passion he delivers it with. But I like it. He is a leader. He wants to win. Wish we still had him at Collingwood.

Now if we gonna criticise Shaw can we bag out the former Collingwood player that constantly sprayed his players in a losing GF much to the amusement of many a Lions player? I'll give you one guess who that was.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:01 pm

Mal Michael?
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:06 pm

Loved Shaw at the Pies but we'd be complaining about this exact behaviour if he was still with us and calling him out for being unprofessional. There's no denying he's a tad mad but that's what you get with him. Throws himself at everything and always gives 100%. I'll never forget him sneaking up behind the llama like a librarian in the 2010 GF replay.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:06 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Mal Michael?

Haha yeah I'm sure he had a few choice words for his former team mates. The former player I was talking about was actually playing for us in the GF. Let's just say Lions players regal at him calling his own team mates weak and questioning their courage at stoppages when we were getting smashed. Now that really doesn't seem like quality leadership to me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9   

Jump to: