Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Heath Shaw

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:54 pm
Post subject: Re: Heath ShawReply with quote

FLAGPIES wrote:
I love what Heater did for our club, in particular in both of the 2010 GF's!
But last nights antics towards his team mates
and lack of respect for his opponent is the reason we traded him.
At 30 years of age I'd prefer Taylor Adams at the age of 23!

Watched Heater last night and he showed Exactly why we Traded hin

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Phenomenal player. He can come back and play for Collingwood any time he wants. He's gone and there's no point worrying about whether it was or wasn't a good idea and I frankly couldn't care less. He is a wonderful footballer, though - and a great leader. I think Johnson let them down badly by getting himself rubbed out - Palmer was worse than useless and his lack of run, coupled with an apparently chronic inability to read the play, really hurt the GWS forward-line.

It's not surprising Heath completely lost it with his team-mates - they played without any of the seriously competitive attitude they brought to the game against Sydney. I expected them to beat Footscray by about 86 points but most of them didn't turn up. He probably thought about the same. Like him, their coach will probably have a long hard look at quite a few of his squad who didn't turn up when it mattered.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:11 pm

I know he can.
matrix10 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:41 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
woftam wrote:
His opponent kicked 4 crucial goals on him yesterday. He had no right to be berating others. He is a terrific player but he is a head case. Libba certainly let him know it.

Which opponent are you referring to? He had several on the night. He had all the right to be telling others what to do. That's his job. And clearly there were breakdowns in defence, both as the ball was coming in and the choices made going out. Sure, you might say he needs to tone down the way he delivers the message. But as a senior leader at the club the younger guys need to hear it.

And that 55 meter goal from handpass from palmer was amazing. Should have been enough for GWS to go in to 3/4 time with a double digit lead. Look at Wilson effort on the wing with less than a minute to go. Wilson went for the mark dropped it and Boyd roves and the dogs are away. That ball should have been punched to the boundary and killed for a throw in.

GWS lairised a lot and didn't adjust for a finals game. They took unnecessary risks when all they had to do was play the percentages. And I'd say heater was probably pointing stuff like that out to younger players.

Is that you Heath??

Blaming others and diverting from your poor efforts.

We saw the best and worst of Heater last night.

Love him- but anyone who says he was anything but rubbish last night is delusional.
DOgs targeted him and got in his head- he was sucked in too easily and cost his team.

Watch how other teams will target him now.

Heath has served GWS well- but realistically has 1-2 years max left.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:02 pm

matrix10 wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
woftam wrote:
His opponent kicked 4 crucial goals on him yesterday. He had no right to be berating others. He is a terrific player but he is a head case. Libba certainly let him know it.

Which opponent are you referring to? He had several on the night. He had all the right to be telling others what to do. That's his job. And clearly there were breakdowns in defence, both as the ball was coming in and the choices made going out. Sure, you might say he needs to tone down the way he delivers the message. But as a senior leader at the club the younger guys need to hear it.

And that 55 meter goal from handpass from palmer was amazing. Should have been enough for GWS to go in to 3/4 time with a double digit lead. Look at Wilson effort on the wing with less than a minute to go. Wilson went for the mark dropped it and Boyd roves and the dogs are away. That ball should have been punched to the boundary and killed for a throw in.

GWS lairised a lot and didn't adjust for a finals game. They took unnecessary risks when all they had to do was play the percentages. And I'd say heater was probably pointing stuff like that out to younger players.

Is that you Heath??

Blaming others and diverting from your poor efforts.

We saw the best and worst of Heater last night.

Love him- but anyone who says he was anything but rubbish last night is delusional.
DOgs targeted him and got in his head- he was sucked in too easily and cost his team.

Watch how other teams will target him now.

Heath has served GWS well- but realistically has 1-2 years max left.

Haha Jesus bitter much. Dogs weren't in his head at all. Both sides were yapping and shoving each other all game. Shaw has been yapping at GWS players all year win lose or draw. You just chose to stick the knife in now cause they lost a preliminary final. Teams have always targeted shaw. Sometimes it works and most times it doesn't. The fact shaw kicked a ripper of a goal in the 3rd says to me they didn't do very well at putting him off his game.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:25 pm

Some Posters are absolutely bonkers
Heath Shaw AA in 2015
How many collingwood players were AA in 2015 ....thats right zero!
Heath Shaw AA in 2016
How many Collingwood players were AA in 2016.....thats right ZERO!
2 zip.

mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:33 pm

Only player that has left in the past 5 years that has hurt us. But, his antics had become too much and very disruptive. Adams has been a great pick up and has ten years of footy left, Heater 2 or 3 seasons at best.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:05 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Heath Shaw AA in 2015
Heath Shaw AA in 2016
2 zip.

And the inference that some how he cost GWS the game or that he was woeful is mind numbingly stupid. They were up 14 points in the 4th. They won the centre clearance at 17:39 on the clock and instead of Kelly taking on Boyd roosting fwd with his left foot he over cooked the hand pass on centre wing turned it over and dogs kicked a quick reply. Kelly should have roosted it fwd.Thats a flaw in their game style that'll need to addressed if they are going to win a flag. GWS are vulnerable because they finesse. I told the dogs diehard I was standing next to at the game "that's it, you gonna run over them now they haven't learnt anything from the WCE loss".

Pretty sure when Johanson burst through the lines off half back and got it to the Bont it was a result of GWS winning the throw in stoppage and stuffing about handpassing on HFF. Boyd got the turn over, a dog played the percentage and tried to kick off it fwd off the ground and it landed in johnansons lap and they are off to the races. GWS were still trying to finesse the win. Dogs just took the percentage options. Why you win a HFF clearance and not boot it to patten and Cameron in the goal square is beyond me. Poor coaching and poor decision making by Devon smith.

So again, just to bring this full circle, I can point to a myriad of errors by multiple players on the GWS team and point the finger at most of them. And out of the 7 or 8 that were rotated threw the defence I'd say Davis and Shaw and better games than Wilson, Williams, Hayne, Tomilson and Patful.
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:18 pm

So if Jeremy Howe's direct opponent kicked 4 goals on him, you'd say he had a good game?

Furthermore, if he had 4 goals kicked on him but was letting every other defender know when they £$%$ed up, you'd be saying that's great leadership?

As for the mouthing off with Libba, I'd say Libba won that contest (little prick that he is). I mean Shaw had 4 kicked on him. Defenders look stupid mouthing off when they've had 4 kicked on them. Like the fast bowler talking trash after he's just been dispatched over the fence.

makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:21 pm

Deja Vu wrote:
Like the fast bowler talking trash after he's just been dispatched over the fence.

Unless you're Michael Holding!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:24 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Heath Shaw AA in 2015
Heath Shaw AA in 2016
2 zip.

OH for chrissakes your constant negative shit is now beyond boring, have you never heard of a kid named Treloar, who will bolt the Copeland trophy in, and is at least AA. ???? Shaw is a loose cannon, was a great player, now a loose cannon and a petulant child in the footy brain, I'm glad hes no longer with us frankly. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:28 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Heath Shaw AA in 2015
Heath Shaw AA in 2016
2 zip.

OH for chrissakes your constant negative shit is now beyond boring, have you never heard of a kid named Treloar, who will bolt the Copeland trophy in, and is at least AA. ???? Shaw is a loose cannon, was a great player, now a loose cannon and a petulant child in the footy brain, I'm glad hes no longer with us frankly. Rolling Eyes

Absolute rubbish
And who the hell is being negative about Shaw???
And Shaw was a great player????
No Shaw IS a great player ...get it right!!!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:37 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Heath Shaw AA in 2015
Heath Shaw AA in 2016
2 zip.

Absolute rubbish

YOU are being negative about our team, as usual, you usual negative cheap shots, you said we have no AA players, I point our we do, in Treloar, who will win the Copeland. Got it ???? You can have Shaw all you like, he cost the Giants big yesterday, hes a petulant child and has not changed, yes he was a great player, but no longer, and stop going off half cocked, I said we do have an AA player in Treloar, you said we had none. Get it right pal. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:38 pm

Deja Vu wrote:
So if Jeremy Howe's direct opponent kicked 4 goals on him, you'd say he had a good game?

Furthermore, if he had 4 goals kicked on him but was letting every other defender know when they £$%$ed up, you'd be saying that's great leadership?

As for the mouthing off with Libba, I'd say Libba won that contest (little prick that he is). I mean Shaw had 4 kicked on him. Defenders look stupid mouthing off when they've had 4 kicked on them. Like the fast bowler talking trash after he's just been dispatched over the fence.

Again, who was the opponent that kicked four goals on him? I'd actually like to know.

Dixon kicked two on him in the first. The first of which you could argue shaw at least provide a contest to bring the ball to ground which Wilson should have roved and released pressure.

You make it sound like shaw spent the whole game mouthing off to every player which is so far off it.

Libba didn't win shit. It was the first goal of the game ffs. Libba bumped Shaw over after the goal. What you want Shaw to just sit on his ass and do nothing? And the both gave as good as they got. Shaw hadn't had any goals kicked on him when he and Libba went at it. So your arguement is flawed.

As for whether Howe getting 4 goals kicked on him would equate to me thinking he had a shit game it depends. For example, if Howe helped bring the ball to ground and say Marley Williams failed to rove it then I wouldn't really blame Howe for the goal. Same as if the mid field weren't winning it at the clearance or contested possession like GWS weren't then I'd be saying Howe was doing a great job at stopping the floodgates opening. GWS were under siege with repeat fwd entries in that first half. It was a great effort by Davis and Shaw to lead the others and not capitulate earlier in the game.

I'd also like to point out that I saw Shaw acknowledge his **** ups to his team mates at times too and he also tried to rally the defence at centre bounces. I saw it because I was actually at the game watching the whole game, not just watching the highlights and commentators over hyping it, which is what I assume you have bought into. Was this something that the Sunday football shows also overhyped and focused on this morning?

Last edited by Krakouer Magic on Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:42 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Heath Shaw AA in 2015
Heath Shaw AA in 2016
2 zip.

Absolute rubbish

YOU are being negative about our team, as usual, you usual negative cheap shots, you said we have no AA players, I point our we do, in Treloar, who will win the Copeland. Got it ???? You can have Shaw all you like, he cost the Giants big yesterday, hes a petulant child and has not changed, yes he was a great player, but no longer, and stop going off half cocked, I said we do have an AA player in Treloar, you said we had none. Get it right pal. Rolling Eyes

Well Shaw is a premiership player and doesn't deserve a shit thread like this. He should have been in black and white his whole career.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9   

Jump to: