Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Heath Shaw

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FLAGPIES 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:56 am
Post subject: Heath ShawReply with quote

I love what Heater did for our club, in particular in both of the 2010 GF's!
But last nights antics towards his team mates
and lack of respect for his opponent is the reason we traded him.
At 30 years of age I'd prefer Taylor Adams at the age of 23!
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Champion player.
I care whether he can play... not whether he is over the top sometimes.
Great loss to the Club.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:08 am

Heath Shaw champion player of the club.

Absolute and utter head case.

Some things are just too much.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:14 am

Man he is a multiple AA player since leaving us.
It is amazing how many "perceptive fellow" bag our past
or current players.
See Cloke.
Bag the coach and the "perceptive fellow" go beserk!
Go figure that one!

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:17 am

I thought he was an embarrassment. His good is very very good but his bad is ridiculously bad.

He also got beat a few times one out. He used to be great at that stuff but I think his age is starting to catch up with him.

Forever grateful for 2010 but we made the right move

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:22 am

Again grateful for 2010 but he was his usual demonstrative towards young blokes, clangered several kicks and conceded goals amidst his own great goal. Reckon he created chaos with his antics vs creating calm AKA a Nick Maxwell would have done.
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:26 am

Back to his dark side yesterday. Berating others and finger pointing while himself being caught out of position and getting pantsed in crucial one on ones.
Loved him at the Pies, but in a game as big as a Prelim, I saw again why we off loaded him.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:59 am

I loved Heater, but I'm so glad we've got Adams.
makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:03 pm

Heath is a senior player, they are not out there playing social league footy. If he feels he needs to drill a junior player because they messed up then that's his call. I copped many a spray form senior players when I started playing first team soccer at 17. You can either grow some backbone an take the criticism on board or you can go and play in a lower league where you get a pat on the back every time you make a mistake.

Last edited by makri on Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:13 pm

Heath is passionate about his footy. He berates team mates if they don't follow the game plan. Buckley used to berate team mates because of their poor decision making.
He is not perfect but he is a 2010 Premiership player.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:23 pm

His opponent kicked 4 crucial goals on him yesterday. He had no right to be berating others. He is a terrific player but he is a head case. Libba certainly let him know it.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:25 pm

makri wrote:
Heath is a senior player, they are not out there playing social league footy. If he feels he needs to drill a junior player because he messed up then that's his call. I copped many a spray form senior players when I started playing first team soccer at 17. You can either grow some backbone an take the criticism on board or you can go and play in a lower league where you get a pat on the back every time you make a mistake.

Heater had a great game I thought. And the reason he is finger pointing is because that's his job. Williams, Hayne and Wilson all cost GWS easy goals in the 1st half. They were taking million dollar options at times. Patful had a dirty game too. Davis and Heater kept the defences heads up while they were getting pummelled with repeat inside 50 entries.

Had the mid field stopped over using the ball by hand at clearances when they were 14 points up they would more than likely got out to 20 points and won the game. And this thread would be titled "don't we miss heaters on field leadership" or "glad heaters in the GF".

And the stuff with Libba was fine. They both mouthed off at each other. Heater stood up for himself after Libba took a cheap shot at him after the goal.
Funny thing is you can't say to franklin "glad your not on holidays this year" and it not be a low blow (personally I think all sledging besides "your a shit kick" type sledging needs to go). But Libba can tell heater he's "crazy" and do the crazy circle thing with his finger to his head when we all know Heater had or still has ADHD and has a different personality? Hope heater was giving it to Libba about his drug taking skills.

I would take heater back in a heart beat at the expense of Adams. With the right coaching staff Heater would have remained an AA half back every year at Collingwood had he not been traded.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:32 pm

^^How did he have a great game? His opponent kicked 4 goals in a half. Great season, but he did not have a good Prelim.

Anyway what he does at the Giants is irrelevant. After hurting the club's Premiership push badly in 2011 with complete idiocy, he then went on to behave and perform terribly in the 2013 season. It was time for him to go and I think we did pretty well out of the deal. Would have loved him to stay, but he stamped his own papers.

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:52 pm

woftam wrote:
His opponent kicked 4 crucial goals on him yesterday. He had no right to be berating others. He is a terrific player but he is a head case. Libba certainly let him know it.

Which opponent are you referring to? He had several on the night. He had all the right to be telling others what to do. That's his job. And clearly there were breakdowns in defence, both as the ball was coming in and the choices made going out. Sure, you might say he needs to tone down the way he delivers the message. But as a senior leader at the club the younger guys need to hear it.

And that 55 meter goal from handpass from palmer was amazing. Should have been enough for GWS to go in to 3/4 time with a double digit lead. Look at Wilson effort on the wing with less than a minute to go. Wilson went for the mark dropped it and Boyd roves and the dogs are away. That ball should have been punched to the boundary and killed for a throw in.

GWS lairised a lot and didn't adjust for a finals game. They took unnecessary risks when all they had to do was play the percentages. And I'd say heater was probably pointing stuff like that out to younger players.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:42 pm

Tory Dickson.

Heath Shaw would be captain of Collingwood right now if he knew how to pull his head in and not let his own ego get in the way of his team's best interests.
Most people that aren't completely arrogant tools have a handle on this by the time they reach the age of 30.
I must say, I was talking at the TV when Shaw was getting out pointed in those one-on-ones - "who you gonna point the finger of blame at for that one Heath??"

I thought it was great that those bunch of mouthy pr1c45 got beaten.
Sadly, I can't see much humble pie being served, they'll only get better as a football side next year and continue with the "lip & smirk" attitude.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9   

Jump to: